Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers tolerance

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Tommy
on Sun, 2 Jun 2024 at 22:22

Tommy said on Sun, 2 Jun 2024 at 22:22...

Hello!

So I have been taking poppers more regularly than usual lately (a few times a day), I was planning on cutting back quite a bit anyways (don't wanna overdo it lol) but I have noticed quite the tolerance buildup, it really isn't hitting like it used too.

I was wondering how long it would take to lose that tolerance, I've tried looking up stuff but I can't seem to find much (besides Karl Poppers famous tolerence dilemma lol), a few weeks? a few months?

If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear about it, thanks!

Nitrite Evangelist said on Mon, 3 Jun 2024 at 20:08...

There is no such thing as tolerance. The retards in that subreddit with their gay "tolerance break" flare have NO IDEA what they are talking about.

You need to quit the contaminated garbage that you have been putting in your body. It accumulates and gives you a nasty hangover that can last for weeks.

That is why I have quit the hobby until someone an PROVE that the product is pure.

anonymous said on Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 19:22...

List of priorities for making good amyl...

1...and most important of all....HIGH quality one pentanol = 99.9% pure. Cannot be purchased from second hand dealers. Must be purchased from factory with a seal/lot number/COA. And even then it might not be pure enough if it's too old.

2. The proper ratios of mixing reagents....a slight excess of alcohol is required to NOT end up with toxic impurities that will make the popper give YOU very low blood pressure.

3. Cool enough temps with thorough enough rapid mixing to allow the nitrous acid enough to rapidly combine with the alcohol before it degrades to nitric acid and nitrogen dioxide.

4. A slight excess of sodium nitrite, but not so much that there is visible blue nitrous acid, which will invariably degrade into brown gas and nitric acid. NOT good!!! You want all the nitrous to combine with the 99.9% pure alcohol.

Then you get a nice smelling, pungent, aromatic amyl that does not sting, lasts until the last drop without giving wretched side effects.

Anuses of Sorrow said on Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 22:11...

Your irrelevant repetition is beyond annoying.

Nitrite Purist said on Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 17:16...

SLOWNESS is the key.

The "professor's" instructions weren't spot on but were close. If you get blue nitrous acid all over the place, it's too late for the batch!

The NITRITE must be fresh. I am not convinced your theory is right. What do you have to back up that alcohol goes bad? It's not going to oxidize or hydrolize unless you're reckless with it.

The biggest tricks using the "professor's" method are to set the drip rate to about 1 drip every 2 seconds with a peristaltic pump feeding to the bottom of the vessel, stirring with no vortex, and keeping the reaction vessel around 0 degrees C.

A few other considerations: once the reaction is nearly done, there is less alcohol to go into the bottom, so the end of the reaction is going to take longer. That means that your pH may go too low if you're not careful. Going to 90% reacted or something like that, adding no more acid, and distilling the yield is probably the key for our reactions!

Tommy said on Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 17:18...

Oh ok, I wasn't aware this place was full of tone deaf bots

Good to know

Anon said on Sat, 8 Jun 2024 at 00:41...

I have found you can get incredible simple low drip rates by using a syrine with a #26 needle. I cut the cap so that the needle isn't resting on the bottom and carry out the reaction in a large canning jar that I put on top on a magnetic stirrer and just put the whole thing in a the freezer. I would have tried using peristaltic pumps but I have had no reason to with how simple just using a syringe is and I have the advantage of being able to seal the vessel.

Anon said on Sat, 8 Jun 2024 at 00:46...

The two biggest reasons why I think you might want a sealed vessel is that you can purge it and prevent nitrogen dioxide from forming from any escaped Nitrogen Oxide. I believe nitrogen dioxide is just bad all round for the product because when it comes in contact with water it converts to nitric acid, which I believe is what degrades poppers.

The other reason is that you can tell if your reaction is moving too fast based on the pressure building up that you can feel on the canning lid. If you have pressure building up, you reaction isn't efficient. If there is no pressure, you had a good reaction.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.