Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Ethyl nitrite (NOT ethyl chloride). Do anyone tested it ?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by newbie brewer
on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:42

newbie brewer said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 10:42...

Hello,

After I felt deceived by commercial poppers a pair of times, I began brewing my own (for exclusive self use).
I succeeded with n-butyl, I got a decent product, I wait for some n-pentyl alcohol to be delivered in order to brew some n-pentyl nitrite.

But I'm very curious about ethyl nitrite.
I know it would be hard to process, as it's boiling @ 20°C reaction temperature control is critical and strong contenant storage is required, but it seems technically feasible.
For the anecdote, this substance went into a south african medicine drug, "Witdulsies", a mix of ethanol and 1% ethyl nitrite (taken orally to induce sweating and BTW to lower fever).

So here I come to my question:
Do anyone here has ever tested ethyl nitrite for sex or fun ?
I know it should be extremely strong and fast/short acting.
But:
- does it induce eye spots like isopropyl ?
- is it pleasurable for sex ?

Thank you in advance if you have any information about it.

Regards

Nitrite Expert said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 12:46...

Do NOT try to make ethyl nitrite. If you inhale that stuff, you will fall to the floor and try to not freak out. Your extremities will start going numb, starting with your toes, then your fingers, and then it will work its way up your limbs. Your heart rate is way too high, and you start to panic. If you panic, you may have a heart attack. If you don't panic, you might just survive by controlling your breathing and not moving. After ten or twenty minutes, things start settling down, and you swear that stuff off.

newbie brewer said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 12:57...

Wow. Thanks for the warning.

But how did you get these info ?
Have you tried and survived ?

Would a partial transformation (saying about 50% of the nitrite/acid reagent needed in order to get a [50% ethyl alcohol - 50% ethyl nitrite] solution) be safer or definitely a bad idea ?

Nitrite Expert said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 17:23...

Tried and survived.

I would avoid anything related altogether.

There is a report out there by some doctor who said that the guy freaked out and had a heart attack. It's on the Internet somewhere. I don't recall whether it was in a medical journal, but if the doctor acknowledged that the guy freaked out, the effects must be well-known.

newbie brewer said on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 at 09:39...

Nitrite Expert, thanks for your expertise.
My searches about ethyl nitrite showed also that it is so reactive that it can undergo spontaneous flammability or explosion, so I will stick to your warnings and ...won't play with this fire.

Nitrite Expert said on Sat, 23 Mar 2024 at 15:12...

I tried to find the blurb about the doctor saying that the guy panicked but was unable to find it again. The search engines are meant to manipulate and dumb down the populace now. I probably read the paragraph seven or eight years ago after trying to figure out what went on with my experience.

poppersx.com said on Tue, 2 Apr 2024 at 19:27...

I'm glad I didn't try this !! I thought about it also though!! best to use lab rats or one of your neighbors you don't like much for testing new brews I guess eh?

I am thinking about trying some blends though, people seem to like to try the different kinds I have, maybe a blend of n-amyl and butyl, and also a blend of all three

Warlock said on Mon, 8 Apr 2024 at 09:43...

You offer your neighbors poppers? You must live in an interesting relaexed area. My neighbor is an 80 year old woman who watches me from behind her net curtains...then spreads malicious rumors about me at the local store! She claims that we are running a witches coven! this based on the fact that I have a black cat and my ex wife once got drunk and ran around the garden semi naked screaming about the Moon. I want to build a tall fence! last week she is claiming I grow weeds and blow them onto her garden and that the cat is doing toilet on her rhubarb.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.