Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Propranolol and Poppers?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by SNFR
on Sat, 4 Nov 2023 at 20:21

SNFR said on Sat, 4 Nov 2023 at 20:21...

Hey everyone, I was recently prescribed 20mg Propranolol and I'm unsure if it's safe to do poppers too close to a dose?? My understanding is that as a beta blocker I definitely should not be mixing the two, but since it's a fast acting medication with a short half life I'm wondering how many hours I should wait before doing poppers. My psychiatrist says I can take Propranolol twice a day or as needed for stressful situations, so it doesn't seem to be something that builds up in the body like an antidepressant. Any help or advice would be appreciated - I don't want to stop taking poppers as they help a lot in the bedroom, but I'm not trying to harm myself either.

Safe Sage said on Sat, 4 Nov 2023 at 20:59...

SNFR, please consider talking to your psychiatrist about this, who has received medical training and understands the interactions between drugs, instead of seeking advice from a group of poppers users.

Fratfcuk said on Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:45...

I use poppers and have had a prescription for Propranolol, and there is no interaction between the two. Poppers are just a vasodilator. That’s it. It will not have any effect on the Propranolol.

otis said on Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 04:59...

I have been on same drug @40mg.
Me personally, I have not experienced any issue.
However I'm just an idiot on the 'net and don't know anything.
Please do your due diligence. Best of luck.

Medic said on Fri, 24 May 2024 at 16:31...

So propanolol affect Heart rate more then Blood pressure. Taking propanolol and poppers at the same time is not recommended though, But at a dose of 20mg propanolol you could be safe to use poppers 6-8 hours after. Propanolol mainly effect cells beta cells of lungs and beta cells of the heart, its side effect is its going to lower BP but unlike other types of Blood pressure meds like Ace-inhib, calicum channel blockers and such, propanolol is the safest one to mix with poppers as it doesnt have a direct interaction with poppers

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.