Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Anyone else notice that sometimes Liquid Gold in the UK smells like Butyl or Iso Butyl?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Popper Pig
on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 20:25

Popper Pig said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 20:25...

It's quite odd, because sometimes when I get a bottle of Liquid Gold it smells like how poppers used to smell in the UK when they were butyl or isobutyl. They got banned in the late 2000's.

It lasts way longer as well like it used to, and the buzz is different from isopropyl.

Yet it still says isopropyl on the bottle.

I'm not really sure what is going on.

Anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?

Mickey blue eyes said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 21:20...

I would seriously doubt that it is butyl, I know black rush has a similar smell, but I think it's isoamyl. It is quite a nice buzz nothing like old school butyl but nice and fuzzy, but it gives me such incredibly bad poppers caugh for months sometimes. The mild buzz just isn't worth the horrific side effects

Popper Pig said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 21:27...

Yes, sometimes when I get a bottle of LG that smells like how poppers used to smell over here (can't remember whether it was isobutyl or butyl that we used to have) it will give me a cough too.

The Professor said on Thu, 5 Oct 2023 at 15:07...

IsoAmyl nitrite often triggers a cough reflex; Butyl or IsoButyl nitrites don't

Cosmo said on Sun, 8 Oct 2023 at 13:14...

Be wary of buying Liquid Gold from 'dodgy shops' who may have had it on their shelves for a couple of years.
Age affects the potency and smell.
Iso Butyl was banned in The UK in 2007, so there is no chance its anything else other than Iso Propyl.

Billy said on Fri, 20 Oct 2023 at 08:11...

Actually Cosmo it’s now possible to buy isobutyl in the UK, at least in Soho where Double Scorpio is openly available.

Cosmo said on Sat, 21 Oct 2023 at 12:08...

I believe so Billy, they must have found some kind of loophole in the law because iBN hasn't been available in the UK since 2007.

Billy said on Mon, 23 Oct 2023 at 09:43...

I think the shops are just feeling confident enough to ignore the law! Seeing as the police don’t prosecute shoplifters or jihadists any more, and put all their focus on people praying outside abortion clinics or misgendering Mr Eddie Izzard, a few bottles of the good stuff for sale in Soho isn’t going to attract the Met’s attention.

Cosmo said on Tue, 24 Oct 2023 at 16:42...

Yes Billy! Butyl will be low priority now.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.