Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Pentyl and Amyl have hit the UK!

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Popper Pig
on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 19:21

Popper Pig said on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 19:21...

Some shops in the UK are selling pentyl and amyl.

I'm guessing they recently got made legal.

I bought some pentyl from Prowler Poppers: https://prowlerpoppers.co.uk/

It was called English in a 24ml bottle. I received within a couple of days so they're definitely shipping from within the UK.

It seems like it's legit as it is definitely not isopropyl. It has a completely different smell and the buzz from it feels different and nicer as well.

While the buzz seemed a little weak (maybe that's why this particular one was on offer), for me it does enhance sexual stuff a lot more than isopropyl. Also on the website it states on some of the others that pentyl is very strong. So maybe those particular ones are.

I think pentyl is way better than isopropyl.

Skegness4Ever said on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 20:44...

Well amyl is a restricted, it is a medicine and falls under that regulation, so your post is misleading, Pig. They are not selling Amyl, maybe they are selling Pentyl. English brand has always been iso propyl, please show a photo of the CAS number, or type it, and we can see what it is exactly.

Billy said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 08:44...

You can buy isobutyl now in Soho, and probably online too.
The brand name is Double Scorpio.

Don’t do it if you’re over 35-40 though! It’s moreish and the side effects creep up on you.

Skegness4Ever said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 15:43...

Maybe that was cus BUTYL was banned by EU? BUTYL is a cleaner, AMYL as Pig says is a angina medicine...difference.

PoppersLover said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 16:22...

"They are not selling Amyl, maybe they are selling Pentyl." -- One has 5 carbon atoms, the other has... 5 carbon atoms! They are one and the same, Amyl and Pentyl are the same thing.

It's TREK, not TRECK, huh? said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 20:07...

Amyl Nitrite is (CH3)2CH(CH2)2ONO and pentyl is CH3(CH2)4ONO and (CH3)2CH(CH2)2ONO is listed in Medicines Act 1968, so only a chemist can sell them. That is why UK vendors sell (CH3)2CHONO....isopropyl nitrite

I would also add that there are other nitrites in this class that will create the same effect, not just Butyl, Hexyl, Amyl, Pentyl. I do not know why they are not used.

PoppersLover said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 20:52...

There is a difference between Amyl and Iso-Amyl (Pentyl and Iso-Pentyl), but Pentyl is just another name for Amyl. Having 5 carbons, they can arrange in many ways and so take different names, n-pentyl, tert-pentyl, isopentyl, etc... But Pentyl and Amyl are the same thing.

Popper Pig said on Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 22:42...

Sorry, it's not just simply called English, it's called English Pentyl.

As far as I'm aware English is still isopropyl.

Here is the page for it: https://prowlerpoppers.co.uk/product/english-pentyl-24ml/

It's not on offer anymore. Interestingly in the picture it says at the bottom of the bottle 'pentyl nitrite mixture' whereas mine says 'stabilized pentyl'. I'm not sure if there is a difference.

The Professor said on Thu, 5 Oct 2023 at 15:03...

PLover,
Yes, Amyl and Pentyl are the same molecule with different names at different times: Amyl is distorted slang Latin for "of meal", Amyl alcohol was originally sourced from distillation products from grain alcohol, grain coming from the mill. Milled grain being a meal.

The official designation changed to Pentyl from Amyl to be more descriptive (Pentyl meaning 5, and Pentanol has 5 methyl groups. So Amyl and Pentyl are the same.

Trek,

ALL alkyl nitrites share a common active ingredient, Nitric Oxide (NO). The molecule in the link is Isoamyl nitrite, for
example. The oxygen-nitrogen-oxygen atoms to the right (the red-blue-red balls) is Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), which on
its own is a highly toxic gas. The entire molecule has a body (the carrier alcohol), a 'neck' (the first oxygen binding to the
alcohol) and a 'head' the NO payload.

Nitric Oxide is the active part, but on its own it metabolizes in seconds, so little-to-no lasting effects, and reactions with
environmental oxygen convert to Nitric acid, which corrodes human tissue.

What NO needs is a delivery vehicle, to get the NO into the bloodstream, where it can then do its thing (Endothelial NO
(ENO) allows the human bloodstream to dilate in accommodation to blood flow just as pupils dilate in accommodation
to light).

This delivery vehicle is the alcohol body and neck of the molecule; once in the bloodstream, the head goes to town, and
the body and neck get pissed away.

The difference between the various nitrites is in their rate of delivery of NO. The actual alcohols are only going to be
present in parts per million in your blood.

The nitrites with lower vapor pressures have a slower onset, lower high and longer duration, while the more volatile
nitrites have a faster onset, higher high and shorter duration.
That is the fundamental difference between all alkyl nitrites, but production factors intervene to mess things up quite a
bit.

For example, the lower nitrites tend to have the least 'bad' side effects; mostly because they tend to be more pure, and
because they are easier to make. The higher nitrites tend to have more impurities and to deliver NO at faster rates;
impurities compound because making them more pure requires more effort than most producers put into the endeavor.
"

This clip doesn't show an image, but here's one of isoAmyl nitrite

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Amyl-nitrite-3D-balls.png/800px-Amyl-nitrite-3D-balls.png

CycloHexyl is about 47% reactive
n-Amyl is 72% reactive
isoAmyl=75%
n-butyl 81.0%
isobutyl 91.0%
sec-butyl 93.7%
tert-butyl 98.6%
100% Nitric oxide (active ingredient in poppers) 100.0%
n-propyl 104.0%
isopropyl 116.0%
ethyl 162.0%

Popper Pig said on Thu, 5 Oct 2023 at 22:01...

Just bought 4 different 10ml bottles of Pentyl from Expresspoppers.co.uk

I was a little worried after making the order, as I've never ordered from them before and I remembered I should've registered for an account before ordering, that way I can get a tracking number. But I couldn't find anywhere on the website where you can register, even though it will give you a log in option.

It started to make me think is it a scam?

But, I managed to find their email address and told them the issue and asked them if they could they give me a tracking number.

They got back to me really quickly and gave me a tracking number, I tried it in Royal Mail and it does seem legit so that's given me more confidence that I will receive them.

It's quite exciting trying new kinds of poppers I've never had before.

Hopefully these will be stronger than the English Pentyl.

I'll let you guys know if receive them and what they're like.

Carl said on Mon, 9 Oct 2023 at 20:59...

@The Professor: Sir, thank you very much for taking the time to post your response and informative comments on October 5th, for the benefit of all users who participate in this unique Forum.
I have always found your comments to reflect a high level of intelligence and scientific knowledge, which is educational for me and for which I am very grateful!
Please continue to post your informative comments when you believe they are warranted on a particular topic of discussion that appears in this Forum.
Thanks again!!

Popper Pig said on Thu, 19 Oct 2023 at 13:04...

So I received them around 3 days later. Unfortunately one of the bottles were slightly leaking, so you could smell it from the unopened packet.

I've only tried the one that was slightly leaking so far, it's called le jus, and once again like the last one I tried, it doesn't seem that strong, but still nice though. Hopefully the other two will be stronger.

Gaz said on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 22:17...

I’ve been a poppers fan for years and can very much tell the difference. In the UK until recently you could only get Isopropyl, then in the last few years Pentyl, which from experience does have a different effect. The game changer for me was ordering Amyl from France, which again affects me differently (in a good way) and have noticed some UK retailers are now stocking them. A recent visit to a store in London who stocks them, I also found Butyl. I have bought a bottle to try, but will finish my opened Amyl first. From experience all these variants are very different. I know one national chain that won’t stock anything other than Isopropyl (horrid stuff now in my view) as they believe other formulas in UK are illegal, but with poppers now legal in the UK I can’t see the authorities being interested in harmless variations. Until I try Butyl it’s Amyl all the way for me..

Bill said on Mon, 6 Nov 2023 at 06:22...

@Gaz: Twisted Beast (UK) is currently selling all of the various formulas (amyl, pentyl, butyl, propyl) on its website store, but I do not know if they ship their amyl, pentyl and butyl formulas to customers within the UK.
Over the past six years, I have purchased all of the "iso-amyl nitrite mixture" products offered for sale by Popper-Aromas.EU (France) and I have found the potency of these products to be relatively weak, providing either very little or no enjoyable pro-sexual effects. Most of these products are manufactured in France or Belgium.
Five years ago, PA-EU sold an amyl nitrite product (manufactured in France) that was actually quite potent, smelled like real amyl, and provided some excellent pro-sexual effects. It came in a 15 ml size bottle wrapped in yellow plastic. About a year later, that product was removed from their inventory and has never returned.

Popper Pig said on Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 18:42...

So I've now tried all 4 10ml bottles of Pentyl that I got from Poppersexpress, they were BB Super Formula, Le Jus Ultra, Juic'd Platinum and Fist.

All were quite weak, and they didn't last long before they were useless.

But recently I bought another 24ml bottle of English Pentyl, this time from Poppersexpress rather Prowler poppers. I've tried it today and I was very surprised that it was pretty strong, about as strong if not stronger than most brands of isopropyl!

It feels very, very nice, a much nicer buzz than isopropyl. This is something I'm going to stick with, I probably wont bother with isopropyl again.

Popper Pig said on Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 18:50...

I forgot to mention that this bottle of English Pentyl was cheaper, around half the price of what I paid for the other one from Prowlerpoppers that was pretty weak.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.