Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Double Scorpio and eardrum problems!

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Billy
on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 10:16

Billy said on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 10:16...

So I relapsed on poppers around the 31st August - 7th September, using two bottles of Double Scorpio.

A day or two after my last session I had a sudden loss of hearing, like my ears were clogged up on an aeroplane. I was with a friend and suddenly could only hear myself talking in my head, not out loud.

It seemed to get better, but then yesterday it recurred after I’d taken a shower. It feels like a clogged ear / eardrum problem, rather than a loss of frequency l.

I’m trying to tell myself I’ve got water in the ear, but I’ve been showering my whole life without this happening!

I think instead my heavy over-use of poppers together with being in a state of high stress, drinking alcohol, and listening to material which increases sexual anxiety (i.e., femdom humiliation), as well as some toxic quality of the isobutyl nitrites together with lowered blood oxygen levels, has damaged my eardrums.

I’ve been visiting parks every day and trying to de-stress.

My vision also seems blurred and that I need glasses all of a sudden.

Obviously this is (another) sign that I can’t healthily use poppers.

Can I expect my hearing and eyesight to return to normal?

PJ said on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 12:03...

Hi Billy,

This is nasal drip, or whatever they call it, and you are also stressing about the symptoms. Get a saline spray and clean out the passages, do this! as if you get an infection then you'll be in a lot of discomfort. IMHO this is your nasal passages and sinus getting agitated and now blocking. Don't get water in your ears at the moment and dry your ear with a tissue after showering. There is also an OTC product that will loosen the mucus (caused by the membrane agitation) but I cannot recall the name, it contains fast acting natural herbs. Don't overthink and stress, as this is making you ill too, if the condition worsens go the doctor. But you will need a doctor if you get a mucus blockage infection, but it's important to remedy the block early before that happens.

PJ said on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 12:05...

Ohh and vision blur is from the pressure of the blockage -- saline spray, Billy, saline spray.

Billy said on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 20:10...

Thanks, PJ!

I actually have Vicks First Defense nasal spray in the house already.
I hadn’t thought of using it before posting but I have used it twice now, 3-4 times in each nostril.

I also got through a packet of chewing gum just now, though that didn’t help.

I take it you’ve had nasal drip happen to yourself as a result of poppers (over)use? Did you get back to normal and if so in how long?

I have tinnitus at present too, which is something I’ve had previously particularly whenever I used isoamyl.

Still feel like I am newly profoundly deaf!

Billy said on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 at 21:30...

Incidentally the second bottle I used was Double Scorpio Amber. I’d never used any of their scented ones before, having used White Gold for the first bottle and previously.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws but I wonder if it was the added scent that has irritated my sinuses so.

But more likely it’s not about that, and it’s just that I’ve got myself into a very stressed and strung-out state from overuse of poppers full stop. My nervous system and body is telling me I did too much.

Elvis said on Fri, 15 Sep 2023 at 12:26...

It possibly could be the scent. I've ranted about this before. I wish popper makers would stop with all the scents. It's unnecessary and not needed.

Jayden said on Mon, 18 Sep 2023 at 02:40...

See a doctor. That stuff is poison, and you shouldn't be putting it in your body!

Billy said on Mon, 18 Sep 2023 at 13:49...

Thanks, Elvis and Jayden.

I’m not sure what a doctor could say apart from “Don’t do that again!” And “Give it time and you may get better.”

My experience in recent years is that it takes me 2+ months to return to health after a 3-6 day poppers binge. But the baseline lowers and I’m never as well as I was before. It’s not enough just to stop using them - I need to start doing something else, to occupy my mind and rebuild my strength.

Right now my vision is noticeably worse. My hearing is better but not fully restored. And I’m shorter of breath.

moiler said on Wed, 20 Sep 2023 at 04:30...

have your ears checked. i had a sudden hearing reduction that was totally alarming and it just turned out to be impacted ear wax, which had never happened before. easily flushed by the nurse and i was hearing normally again. start there. good luck.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.