Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Quality control woes in the UK

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Sunkenlust
on Sun, 25 Jun 2023 at 10:53

Sunkenlust said on Sun, 25 Jun 2023 at 10:53...

I need a sanity check here from more experienced users. I'm in the UK, and I've been popperbating for on and off for about 7 years. Lately poppers have had no positive effect, but once in a blue moon I have a great session.

For a while I thought it was me. Maybe I was doing them too often, I was in the trough of some hormonal cycle I'm only vaguely aware of, or I'm getting older (I'll be 50 next year). I like to think I'm a heathy middle-aged man, as apart from poppers I stay way from putting any man-made chemicals in my body (even down to the shampoo I use) and I've continued to watch my diet and maintain a healthy weight. I've taken breaks to test if if I was overdoing it, but I'm wondering if the main independent variable is the shit quality control of the manufacturers.

So many times lately all the poppers do is take away my erection and kill my sex drive absolutely dead for a few hours. Pretty frustrating…not just weak effects, but the exact opposite of what you'd want. I've got them online from a few places (including from France), got them in shops, etc, but I've never found a source that gives me consistently good results.

Anyone else thinking the same thing? I really feel like I'm wasting my time and money these days. If it was overuse that would be something in my control, but when you don't know what actually in the bottle it's a frustrating crapshoot.

Billy said on Sun, 25 Jun 2023 at 14:15...

Have you tried Double Scorpio? I’m also mid 40s and I’m the UK and I’ve got on well with White Gold particularly.

However there’s no denying the side effects even from a good clean bottle. I’ve an addictive nature and I’ll keep on hitting it.’ With a consequence of lowered energy level and anxiety for weeks afterwards.

It’s been said before but poppers really are a young man’s game!

Sunkenlust said on Sun, 25 Jun 2023 at 14:44...

Hey Billy. Yes, I tried DS a number of times. Pretty good the first few times...although I do find my sinuses start to get blocked after a few inhalations, which is slightly unpleasant. Had to throw out the last batch, because they weren't doing much for me, so I assumed they'd been sitting for too long. That hurt the pocket book.

I don't think I'm going on any crazy benders with any of them compared to what I've read people on the forum, getting blue lips and all that jazz. I really try to not overdue it, and I do hold off for a number of days if I'm coughing the next day. Guess I'll take another extended break and see. It's all made me reluctant to try new brands, as I'm getting disappointed more often.

What's confusing is the opposite effects. When I'm rolling on them my erection often gets harder, but when it's not on one or two whiffs will kill my sex drive and erection completely. If my erection is still there on those off days I sometimes feel the 'fire' in that lower chakra is out...that's my only way to describe it. How can the same chemical cause opposite effects?

I've got to tell you, losing my sex drive is one of the things I'm going to hate most about getting older, so I'm probably in denial if that's what it really is.

That famous Groucho Marx quote is getting more meaningful every day:

“I’m going to Iowa for an award. Then I’m appearing at Carnegie Hall, it’s sold out. Then I’m sailing to France to be honored by the French government – I’d give it all up for one erection.”"

Harry said on Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 22:01...

@Sunkenlust: I read your comments with great interest and compassion because my experience in using various popper products purchased over the past seven years from vendors in the US and Europe has been essentially the same as yours.

I started using poppers back in 1972, as a legitimate pro-sexual drug; but have used them in an intelligent and infrequent manner and have never had blue lips after a sex session using poppers.

I also introduced poppers to several of my girlfriends back in the 70's and 80's, and they were receptive to the pro-sexual effects.

Like yourself, I am relatively very healthy for my age (76). I do not smoke, very seldom drink, and do not use any hard drugs.

I have been weight training since 1962 and am stronger and in better physical condition than 90% of the male population one-third my age. (I train 6 days a week.)

I also have been taking on a daily basis a very wide range of health food and sports / performance supplements since 1962, and that factor has significantly benefitted my immune system.

Several users on this Forum have posted comments expressing their major disappointment with the substandard quality of current popper products that do not provide them any pro-sexual effects or enjoyment and end up being a waste of money.

Other users have stated that they have experienced good and enjoyable results from their use of these same popper products.

So, perhaps there are some relatively good quality popper products on the market. I simply have not been able to purchase one that is as good as the formulas I used back in the 70's and 80's.

Doctor Octopus said on Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 14:30...

I'll be 50 next year

I started using poppers back in 1972,

one that is as good as the formulas I used back in the 70's and 80's.

I think it might be OGS, or Old Git Syndrome. Whereby, according to The Lancet, the patient suffers delusions, denies the effects of aging and blames anything apart from their clapped-out bodies. Other symptoms include hair dying, Botox, inappropriate garish clothing and shoes, the purchase of sports vehicles, and voting for Trump. It can be particularly distressing for family members who witness these symptoms. The only known cure to date is: a regular cold shower and a daily doses of REALITY. Patients at a recent clinical trial in Florida where shown pictures of Abe Simpson, with the caption "That's You!...Wake Up" the trial was deemed a success.

Bobbert said on Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 20:16...

You were using poppers before you were born? OK, Fed!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.