Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

making sure I dont buy isopropyl nitrite

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by pedro
on Mon, 29 May 2023 at 00:11

pedro said on Mon, 29 May 2023 at 00:11...

I would like to buy some iso-butyl nitrite, but what is putting me off is the risk of getting mis-labelled isopropyl nitrite.

Is there a really simple test i can do to differentiate between the two ? Foe example, Is the smell unmistakably different ? Or some simple fool proof chemical test ?

Thanks.

Billy said on Mon, 29 May 2023 at 08:34...

If you feel like puking & your lungs are full of glue, that’s isopropyl!

Double Scorpio is isobutyl so if you buy that from a reliable retailer you’ll be alright.

Martin said on Mon, 29 May 2023 at 15:21...

Hello, I would like to buy isobutyl in Europe, but here it is very difficult to get it, only the US sells it and the websites of that country do not sell it in Europe, so where can I get American brands with isobutyl content in Europe?
Isobutyl is much better than isopropyl.

Billy said on Mon, 29 May 2023 at 17:26...

Martin, you can buy Double Scorpio in London now. I’m
not sure about countries in mainland Europe but perhaps there are UK suppliers who’ll post it to you.

Martin said on Tue, 30 May 2023 at 02:06...

Hi Billy, thanks for answering, I am indeed in continental Europe and isobutyl is not sold here, a year or two ago I got isobutyl from the United States but now they no longer sell to continental Europe or those websites have disappeared.
Unfortunately I don't know of any British website that sells isobutyl to the rest of Europe, and in all of Europe only Pentyl, Amyl (isopentyl) and propyl are sold, all of them quite weak.
I have always achieved good effects with isobutyl, but in Europe no one sells it, only in the USA.

poppersx said on Thu, 1 Jun 2023 at 09:35...

poppersx.com only carries amly nitrite

pedro said on Fri, 2 Jun 2023 at 17:47...

In the end I bought some Double Scorpio White Gold from prowlerpoppers.co.uk

It does say iso-butyl nitrite on the bottle. My impressions are:-

1) Very little odour
2) Did not give me the laser focus/animal desire that I had with the poppers I used 10+ years ago. I can’t discount the effect of me being 10 years older :-)
3) Felt very calm/relaxed afterwards, which I don’t remember from previous experiences. No noticeable ill effects.

I do remember from previous experiences, the feeling of wanting it to last a long time. This time, I felt I can take it or leave it. So a bit disappointing.

Aurora said on Sat, 3 Jun 2023 at 13:00...

I was considering getting some Double Scorpio Black and Gold
But having seen so many reviews that don’t rate them all that well,
I don’t think ill bother.
There’s no slutty, aphrodisiac quality to anything on the market now it seems.
Kind regards
Aurora

Serge said on Mon, 3 Jul 2023 at 22:31...

No way on earth that prowlerpoppers are selling iso-butyl poppers from the UK as it is illegal. So those Double Scorpio bottles have something else in them and at £24 a pop, get to fcuk.

Billy said on Mon, 3 Jul 2023 at 23:02...

Actually Serge, some Soho shops are trying their luck and openly selling Double Scorpio isobutyl now. It’s the real deal.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.