Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers Aromas Payment

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Popperslut
on Mon, 30 May 2022 at 10:54

Popperslut said on Mon, 30 May 2022 at 10:54...

Hi all. Lately, my credit card payments to Poppers Aromas have been declined. I've tried several different cards from different banks, all declined. These cards are all valid and usable elsewhere and the issue isn't with any type of fraud protection. I emailed PA about the problem. but did not receive a response. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue with PA and what the solution might be. Thanks in advance for any input.

Customer Service Poppers Aromas said on Mon, 30 May 2022 at 13:57...

Hello there,

We receive many queries at the moment because of payments not going through on our website. Our backlog increases greatly because of this issue and we have a hard time coming back to you in a timely manner at the moment due to a large volume of emails.

By 2021, a new safety procedure has become mandatory for worldwide online payments, called 3DS or PSD2.
In Europe, this means you receive a code via text to validate your identity to confirm payment. A lot of countries had a hard time transitioning, but once we explained the situation, everything went great.

However, US banks are very reluctant as this feature will have an impact on chargeback which is a typical US particularity. Visa and Mastercard are pushing to apply this feature, but banks usually refuse to convert their services as they will eventually lose money.
This is the explanation we received from our bank, a major French institution that has a lot of well-known international companies amongst its clients who face the same issue at the moment.

Customers, even those who ordered in the past, might see their payment attempt denied and it's always linked to the 3DS. We know banks tend to tell you they don't see the payment attempt but for now, there's nothing we can do.

We're working on a solution at the moment, but we're dependent on banks' willingness.

Unfortunately, this issue is temporary, so we don't have any other form of payment available at the moment.

We understand you don't want to keep trying so we invite you to subscribe to the mailing list on the following page so we can contact you once we have a definite solution:
https://www.poppers-aromas.eu/content/17-payment-issues

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Your Customer Service Team Poppers Aromas

Islander said on Mon, 30 May 2022 at 15:13...

Perhaps accepting money orders or 3rd party options like PayPal would provide a solution.

Customer Service Poppers Aromas said on Tue, 31 May 2022 at 12:43...

Hey there,

We've considered every option possible, and none will work...
We don't have the workforce available to accept wire or money orders, and Paypal refuses to work with poppers-related products, so we adapt the best we can.
We've been advised of a lot of options, and we assure you we thought about everything but for now, we can only wait.

All US banks will have to adapt eventually, and we're waiting for a new payment platform on our end which could help.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding if you faced this issue.

Kind wishes,
Your Customer Service Team Poppers Aromas

Chubbybear said on Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 03:37...

I was able to successfully order from Poppers Aromas tonight from the USA with my US issued Visa credit card. 🙌👃

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.