Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Reminder to check your bottles if you store them for very long

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Elvis
on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 19:49

Elvis said on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 19:49...

If you buy several bottles at a time like I do and store them away for awhile until you need a new one, check them periodically. I went to get a brand new unopened one, and pretty much the entire bottle had evaropated. Must have been a bad seal. It was maybe 6-8 weeks old. My fault I guess.

Racoon said on Sun, 6 Feb 2022 at 22:17...

A good trick to avoid that, remove the wrap from your bottles and make sure the caps are tight. Often the caps are screwed on incorrectly or not tight enough and the liquid leaks or evaporates.

When you've tightened your caps, seal the bottles with several turns of Teflon plumbing tape. Buy the thicker (pink or yellow). Teflon is inert to poppers and they will ensure a good seal of your bottles.

I've been doing this for years and my stash lasts a long time. You can also put your treasure in the fridge (but not in the freezer) if you want to prolong the conservation up to a year.

Buttfistee said on Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 08:35...

I had to let my local store know about this, as a few came with the labels messed up due to leakage.

Justcos said on Sun, 27 Mar 2022 at 09:15...

Why not the freezer?

Anonymous said on Mon, 27 Jun 2022 at 03:18...

Of course, it can also be a freezer with a constant temperature below zero. The highest recommended temperature is 10 °C

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.