Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Pulse oximeter stats while popperbating

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Billy
on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 20:29

Billy said on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 20:29...

Do any of you guys measure your blood oxygenation and heart rate while popperbating?

I appreciate our baselines will be different. But still I'd be interested to hear what kind of numbers do you tend to get?

Also, what numbers make you think "I need a break" or "I need to stop for today"?

For me, the lowest my oxygenation has got to is 84. That's definitely time to stop for a good long while. If it's more like 88, I might stop for 30-45 minutes. My sober baseline was 98. but has been 96/97 since I started using poppers again a month ago.

I tend to have quite a slow heartbeat, 55-60, but gets up to 105-110 with coffee, wine and poppers. Again, that kind of rate means time for a break.

Azureflames said on Tue, 7 Sep 2021 at 03:25...

Google this article from the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. Discusses O2 sensors not being accurate with some poppers symptoms.

Methaemoglobinaemia associated with the use of cocaine and volatile nitrites as recreational drugs.

Pulse oximetry is inaccurate in patients with methaemoglobinaemia,as the pulse oximeter reading is based on theassumptionthattheonlytwovarietiesofhaemoglobin present are oxyhaemoglobin and deoxyhaemoglobin. Generally, the pulse oximeter will transmit readings in the region of 85%.Co-oximetry gives accurate concentrations because of the ability to identify the absorptive characteristics of several haemoglobin species at different wavelengths including methaemoglobin [35]. It is important that blood samples are analysed promptly,as methaemoglobin concentrations decrease with time.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.