Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

How do you keep track of conversations in this forum? I find it confusing.

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Ro
on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 17:17

Ro said on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 17:17...

I appreciate the extremely simple way this forum is run in the back. No accounts etc. (I'm also curious about the reasons why it may have been set up this way vs a more standard technology phpBB etc. I have my speculations.)

However I have a hard time keeping up with it because I find it rather chaotic. There is no way to see a notification for replies or mentions. It seems that topics are listed in order that they were posted, so if someone replies to an old topic, it will not be seen.

Is there some sort of trick to this? Like is there a third party service that can somehow keep track? I can't see any rss feed or whatever in the source.

Or do you just have to come here every single day to keep track? I have a lot going on in my life and a mild cognitive impairment (NO, NOT because poppers killed my brain cells haha) so I have a hard time keeping up with even the most sophisticated platforms designed for maximum addictive potential. (I cannot even look at twitter as it breaks my mind in the totally opposite direction.) Usually the best I can do is check in occasionally.

To be clear, I am NOT complaining. I find this system overall friendly and don't want it to change, Just trying to find out how this is working for people as it does seem to work for lots of people. And youse seem like some lovely people with a niche interest which I share

thanks for your thoughts :-)

Peter said on Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 14:01...

I like this forum. It reminds me of the glory days of the Internet - around the year 2000.

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 17:22...

Retro-chic perhaps? Rather like Hilda Ogden's flying ducks. Those ducks now grace the walls of many a hipster loft.

Popeye said on Sat, 1 Feb 2020 at 19:34...

This forum was started years ago I'm surprised it's still going, there was a time people stopped talking or you couldn't start a topic but it started up again , I'd like to see a place where we can put reliable sources in categories so we don't need to read every post

Ro said on Sat, 1 Feb 2020 at 23:27...

Thew glory days of the internet as far as forums are concerned was (IMHO) probably usenet, which was dying by 2000. It had a way to indicate threads with new messages tho and it was a 80s technology. ;-)

Again not complaining. Just wondering HOW to keep track here.

Meldrew said on Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 16:50...

Bring me a time machine and I will gladly jump in!

My Christmas was ruined by photos of the Beckham family posing in their pajamas next to a tree. There online presence is an affront to the values that made GB great. I think the whole family are covered in tattoos? In the past, the only women that sported tattoos were to be found on bar stools late at night, near ports, or railway stations.

I strongly disapprove of this modern age.

Anonymous said on Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 20:10...

> There online

There, there. Where? Posh would never make a mistake like that, dunce. Jacob Rees-Mogg would be ashamed of you! Back to your homework! or I will give you a good spanking.

Meldrew said on Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 09:45...

They weren't even real pajamas! Horrid sweat pants with tee shirts embroidered with their names. David had "Daddy" on his ....and ...wait for it.. they bought a puppy as a present. I honked up my Fortnum and Mason mince pies.

I believe their was a follow up - a faultless turkey that looked like it was painted with a spray can, and "Daddy" with a carving knife. They are The Waltons of Instagram...vomit inducing twee monstrosities

Posh? I think she got that name as her family had an indoor toilet. The Spice Girls were a rough bunch.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 04:53...

Hi Ro, it confuses me too and I haven't found a solution. It would be great if there could at least be a "search" window.
BTW, do you have Aspergers? (I do).

Ro said on Wed, 12 Feb 2020 at 04:53...

@Hadenoughofsuppliers No I have (a lot of) ADHD but others in my family have AS and I consider myself a bit "culturally AS" sometimes since it was very influential on me in childhood and I had some traits associated with AS which were learned, and which as an adult I was moreorless able to unlearn once I clued into what was happening. In my family we think AS and ADHD may be on some sort of continuum together but there are many confounding variables when making an assessment like that based on otherwise genetically close individuals, obvs.

Frankly I was hoping a neurotypical person could take the time to explain how they use it because part of me doesn't belvie such an explanation is possible. But I do like being wrong about such things.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.