Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Excitement addiction

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Basil Chambers
on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 16:50

Basil Chambers said on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 16:50...

Does the very thought of buying poppers excite you? When you buy poppers from a sex shop is your heart beating fast? if you order online are your hands shaking as the postman hands you the package? Maybe this is part of the addiction? Endorphins are released into the brain, maybe a subtle part of the addiction?

Midair Collision said on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 18:57...

Not really, no. Maybe you have infantile regression? It is a first sign of early onset dementia. What you are describing sounds like a child on Christmas morn before he gets disappointed by his unfashionable gift. Do you throw tantrums, or get angry and confused, when in the supermarket searching for cat food?. It is growing problem. Good luck. Equity release and a care home await :-)

Billy said on Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 09:31...

Basil, maybe I would get those symptoms if it was 1984. But when I've bought poppers from a sex shop, I've just had a sense of doing something stupid that I knew was going to be an enormous let-down that would make me very ill, and not even give me the buzz that I wanted (but was still stupidly chasing, even though poppers have been shit for 8+ years now).

Roll on gentrification, is what I say! Let Paul Raymond's daughters collect as much filthy lucre as they like, and shut down every last Soho sex shop! Those days of enjoying a potent bottle of poppers with a bootlegged VHS cassette-tape of filth from 'Maxims', the basement vendor that was just next to the Curzon, are gone, gone I say, never to return!

Basil Chambers said on Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 17:16...

Midair Collision: ee by gum lad! Are you a mind-reader? Billy:
Now that takes me back to my very first popper experience in the early ninetys. A potent bottle of Liquid Gold and VHS bought from the same shop in the gay village Manchester.

Marcel & Pepe said on Sat, 25 Jan 2020 at 20:08...

Many of us mourn the old days of Soho. They are gone now. Muriel has passed, so has Jeffrey, and dear Francis too. What wonderful lunches I recall at a little place called Bistro Bouse de Vache presided over by Madame Gida Zehirlenmesi. I remember her rideau de bouef avec pomme frites as if it were yesterday. After lunch (usually around 5pm) my friends and I would all repair to a local alley and get face fucked (as they call it these days) by local trade. I cannot recall if we used poppers, but probably, it is all such a blur. Farewell Soho! We loved you once.

dan said on Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 00:20...

Gida Zehirlenmesi is Turkish language for food poisoning.

Marcel & Pepe said on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 17:53...

It wouldn't surprise me, dan. There were rumors that she was not even a woman, and another that she was Mussolini's girlfriend. This was how Soho was in those days you see. It was all very fluid and edgy. If you weren't there you would never understand, sorry. Maybe you have something valid to say about modern-day Istanbul, but Soho in the late 60s? I think not.

Mam said on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 18:53...

Hmmm....the spirit of Monty Python lives on. That will be the last we hear of Madame Gida.....thank you, Neil.

Meldrew said on Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 16:54...

Somehow I doubt that. By responding you have shown weakness, this will mean that the creature will rear it's head again - when the vodka bottle is drained.

Clarence Fandango said on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 13:52...

The place you mention was in existence for a period of about 4 weeks in the summer of 1969. It was an art project - some people claim Barry Humphreys was involved, as it was pure Dada. If you were stupid enough to fall for it, there is probably a photograph of you and your friends in the Dada Expo 1972.

The name of the Bistro is "Cow Shit" and the signature dish - beef strips in anchovy sauce - has an obscene meaning. It was closed down obviously.

The woman, whom you so lovingly recall, was a drag queen called Miss Mussels. I guess that is where your confusion began about Il Duce!

And the three dwarfs (playing poker with tarot cards) in the window? You didn't think that a bit odd for a French bistro?

You are clearly an idiot.

Marcel & Pepe said on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 14:06...

What utter nonsense! Pepe and I dined there many times. Barry who? Please, DO NOT come the high and mighty art connoisseur with us! Francis Bacon did a sketch of Pepe in Greek Street. We were hairstylists to the elite, we knew them all. Thank you and shut up. I hope you get hemorrhoids.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.