Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

nitrites

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by hearsay
on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 01:09

hearsay said on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 01:09...

Can anyone explain the diff btw isobutyl, amyl, and butyl nitrites? Which one is best to get?

PoppyJo said on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 23:06...

"Iso-" means an isomer, same chemical formula but different arrangement of the molecule.

Nitrites produce nitric oxide in the bloodstream, which is how they have their effect. So it is the nitrite part that your body is looking for. The prefix is the other part of the chemical, more or less a delivery system for the nitrite.

If you recall high school chemistry, you probably remember the paraffin series, methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hexane, and it goes on from there but those are all that are relevant to the topic at hand. Each of these forms an alcohol, so that ethyl alcohol (the stuff we drink) is ethane (C2H6) with one of the Hydrogen atoms replaced with an -OH group, so, C2H5OH.

Now if instead of the -OH radical we use the nitrite radical (-NO2), we'd have ethyl nitrite, C2H5NO2, which, unless I broadly miss my guess, would be a gas. If instead of ethyl we use propyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol, C3H7OH), we'd have propyl nitrite, which is a liquid and is marketed in some popper formulas.

More carbons: Butane is C4H10, and pentane is C5H12. Another word for pentyl is amyl. So, C5H11NO2 is Amyl Nitrite, and that's the one you want. (In my opinion.) C4H9NO2 is Butyl Nitrite or Isobutyl Nitrite if the butyl radical is branched instead of straight-chained. That is marketed in the U. S. A. but in my opinion it doesn't compare with amyl. I haven't experienced a difference between "amyl" and "isoamyl." Someone chime in if you have!

There's also Cyclohexyl Nitrite, C6H13NO2, the worst of the bunch in my opinion, but also marketed in the U. S. A.

All of these deliver the NO to the bloodstream giving the rush effect, but the delivery process is markedly and noticeably different. Also the odors of the chemicals are different. Amyl Nitrite is nice and sweet, which the others are not, though Butyl is better than either Hexyl or Propyl.

Your mileage may vary, as they say. Share your experience if you agree or disagree.

Where to get these exotic chemicals? I have had several good experiences with https://www.poppers-aromas.eu so they are who I would recommend.

Good luck!

hearsay said on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 01:12...

Thax PoppyJo. This is only the second time I have used poppers. This one I bought is totally odorless and the bottle said it is Butyl. I never read what the first bottle that I bought was but it was a totally different rush than the current one I bought. The Butyl, if that is what it is gives a quick rush to the head but after my session, I have this bad headache for 1/2 hour or so. My main concern is that it is odorless. Is that common in butyl? Most I heard is that poppers has some kind of odor. I don't want to inhale something that is not nitrites. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.