Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Confused over chemicals?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Popper newbie
on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 01:42

Popper newbie said on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 01:42...

So I've been using poppers for play since the start of the year and I'm super confused over the different chemicals that are in them and mixes ect.
My first bottle was liquid gold from my local sex shop in the UK and all it did was give me headaches. I read a few posts saying it can damage youre eyes so I shelfed it and got a bottle of Tres Fort. I'm halfway through the bottle now and it just doesn't kick like it used to.
I still have no idea whats in it and whether it will damage my eyes etc. Everyone seems to be ranting about amly/pentyl but I genuinly have no idea what I'm looking for.
All I'm after is something I can use once a week that isn't going to give headaches or screw with my vision.
Can anyone break it down for me or link me to some reading I can do to understand it a bit better so I can make some informed purchases as I'm completely out of my depth.

Jako said on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 at 10:02...

Popper newbie:

Be very wary about UK poppers which are all Iso Propyl which certainly causes central vision loss. There's plenty of information about 'Poppers Maculopathy' on this forum. Liquid Gold use to be the best UK popper until Iso Butyl was banned in 2007 and Iso Propyl replaced it,
I've tried tried the Amyl/Pentyl formulas and found them to be weak and disappointing.

archer0054 said on Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 06:04...

Hi,

so i started using poppers during sex and it was the biggest buss ever, i read up online about the risks and didn't see many draw backs.

eventually i slightly lost my central vision, luckily it has come back. my question is do you guys know where in the UK i can acquire poppers that dont cause vision side effects, as I'm aware of the changes made in the last few years to the ingredients

Jako said on Sat, 23 Jun 2018 at 11:17...

archer0054:

Important to realize the UK has very strict laws on poppers, in fact they were almost banned completely a couple of years ago. See article:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/22/poppers-alkyl-nitrites-drug-escapes-ban-on-legal-highs

Only 'Iso Propyl Nitrite' poppers are now legal in the UK after the chemical change in 2007.

But, beware of the vision loss associated with IPN – known as ‘Poppers Maculopathy’.

Also the other nasties:

Lowered blood pressure (turning blue)

Breathing difficulties

Extreme fatigue

Lowered immune system for 3 days

Popperhead said on Sat, 8 Jun 2019 at 19:57...

Just import from EU, via sites like poppers-aromas.eu, decent stuff, no loss of vision, no scabby nose... I recommend Rochfore and Jungle juice gold...Always had good sessions with those, and they last ages...

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:45...

Guys - check out the website thetruthaboutpoppers.com

It is clearly stated by these companies that it is not for human consumption - If you know that there is a 50% chance that your vision could be affected by using poppers - would you really take the chance or the risk?. Unfortunately the reason why some of you find this site is when you are having issues after using these products - some people have no idea that their mental health / other physical issues are as a result of their popper usage. It's a solvent - and your abusing a solvent. It's called Solvent abuse / Chroming. Let's call it what it is - just because its been used by gay guys to make sex easier doesn't take away from what it actually does to you. Don't trust these companies who make these products as though they have a duty of care to you. They wouldn't even bother contacting you back if you damaged yourself as the result of using their product. Give them the finger that your not dumb enough to believe that they really think their products consist of Gay men who have an obsession with polishing their leather harnesses in night clubs, an ongoing nostalgic use of VCRs, and wanting their home to smell like a pungent volatile substance such as dirty socks

Stay Safe - Stay away from Poppers.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.