Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Drug Test for poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Sean
on Mon, 10 Oct 2016 at 15:57

Sean said on Mon, 10 Oct 2016 at 15:57...

Hello

I have a question for drug test. I am getting a new job and the company will have a drug test but do you think the drug test can detect poppers? urine/hair/breath.

Thank you.

DabMaster said on Mon, 10 Oct 2016 at 16:15...

They don't test on nitrites, only weed, coke and amphetamines i think, but i can be wrong?

Maninasuitcase said on Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 10:10...

Nitrites could show in a blood test, play safe.

nacho said on Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 10:25...

Apparently according to some screening centers do test, but then again they also say that it is expelled from the body after 3 hours. go figure...so as other say it COULD

sean said on Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 15:38...

thanks so they could assess then.

nacho said on Tue, 11 Oct 2016 at 20:15...

if it is a done deal would not stress about that, it looks like a big COULD only.
poppers r no big deal really,,,why would they? not likely but could if they really want

Andy said on Thu, 13 Oct 2016 at 08:24...

They can lower red blood cell count significantly, this could come up in a routine blood test which could trigger further tests

Sonyaangel said on Sat, 13 May 2017 at 14:19...

I was around someone that use poppers could it get in my system

AmChem said on Sat, 16 Sep 2017 at 05:37...

Poppers usually have a very short half-life in the body (the amount of time it takes to degrade by half), under a minute with total duration of up to 5 minutes. When introduced into the body, alkyl nitrites break down into nitrogen oxide (•NO) which acts as a neurotransmitter to facilitate vasodilation which is mostly responsible for the effects - they also form the parent alcohol as the primary metabolite.

If you're using isopropyl nitrite, it will not be detected as isopropyl alcohol is naturally occurring in the body, as is its oxidised product acetone. I can not say similar for isoamyl and isobutyl nitrite, but they should all be out of the body within a day of use and any tests (assuming it is even tested for) will come up clean within two at most.

OldGuy said on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 at 05:29...

Will poppers affect the reading on a breathalyzer or a ignition interlock device?

Ham said on Sun, 8 Apr 2018 at 11:27...

Different formulas stay in the blood stream longer. But poppers are not important in assessing your lifestyle. Even famous people have said they use them and "so what"! So any employer that tests for poppers deserves the one finger salute. I own a small business, and frankly if some of the lads in the workshop want to use poppers then I'm not complaining!

She Devil said on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 09:47...

Sounds like you should familiarize yourself with the 21st Century, Ham. It is your responsibility to ensure safety in the workplace. Excuse me, but using a flammable product like poppers in a workplace! You should also consider your employees with respect, lads?? -- that, and your other idea about them using poppers, implies to me that you may be viewing them in an inappropriate way.

Rolf said on Sun, 29 Apr 2018 at 08:36...

To answer the question: it is possible but unlikely. Testing for nitrites is really a medical issue only, actually used to test for UTI.

Amyl is metabolized quickly, and about 33% will be in the urine.

@ Sonyaangel - answer is a categorical NO

About blood cell count, what you mean is methemoglobinemia. But that is a medical condition. A co-oximeter test is not going to be able to say that this is caused by poppers.

I am not sure, never heard of such a thing. Drink lots of water and diuretic tea.

@ She Devil - thank you for being the guardian of the blue collar worker. Step down off that high horse and feel the ground beneath your feet :-)

dude86 said on Tue, 1 May 2018 at 20:17...

Just wondered if poppers are classed as a performance enhancer and could turn up in any sport related testing?? thanks

Ex Libris said on Fri, 18 May 2018 at 08:32...

Nope.

"neither amyl nitrite nor ammonia are known to provide any performance-enhancing capabilities and neither is on the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods.” Maggie Durand, WADA’s manager of media relations and communications.

Not sure why you would be using poppers at a sports event. Could be fun with Turkish wrestling I guess?

Anonymous said on Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 23:42...

If they fire me on monday, l'll let you know!

Anonymous said on Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 00:33...

I’m taking it they didn’t fire you?

Frenchie said on Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 02:24...

Can poppers be detected in a fingernail EtG biomarker test after 3 weeks? I'm being tested for alcohol use ultimately.

Alabama chrome said on Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 16:08...

I understand poppers break down into their respective alcohols... Isobutyl alcohol etc. could this cause a positive EtG urine test?

Jai said on Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 11:23...

Will poppers affect the reading on a breathalyzer or a ignition interlock device?

Alabama Chrome said on Sat, 30 Nov 2019 at 01:33...

I don’t see them affecting an interlock device or any type of breathalyzer.

Mojewl said on Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 20:36...

My rush tested positive for amphetamine is this possible

Bee Cee said on Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 17:22...

Is there a reply to Frenchie and the fingernails/alcohol question????

Angelzoey said on Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 18:19...

I have been doing poppers for a while now and I am curious as to know if it fails an ETG ua. I'm in a sober living home that uas once a month but it's been 4 weeks since my last ua and I'm sure I'll stop the entire last week or so just to be safe I just love anal sex and anal play on it which is the only reason I do it and get from sex shop but will it fail an ETG ua that detects alcohol for up to 4 to 5 days.

Vince said on Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 03:37...

Does poppers , mouth wash and hand sanitizer effect a finger nail drug test ?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.