Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Is pentyl illegal in the UK?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Anonymous
on Fri, 30 Sep 2016 at 19:06

Anonymous said on Fri, 30 Sep 2016 at 19:06...

I know amyl is illegal but what about pentyl? I'm confused as I know a lot of the European websites ship pentyl to the UK, so I presume it's legal?

DabMaster said on Fri, 30 Sep 2016 at 21:01...

This is a weird situation, Pentyl is not legal in the EU and the UK, In fact pentyl is the same as amyl, its just a new name, as long as a bottle is labeled as pentyl and not amyl its tolerated but not legal, the chemical number of Amyl (Pentyl) is CAS 463-04-7

Maninasuitcase said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 06:45...

Only iso propyl is legal in the uk, anybody caught selling pentyl / amyl will be whipped.

Anonymous said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 09:55...

What about being in possession of it?

Maninasuitcase said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 10:01...

Possession of small quantities isn't a big deal, it's selling pentyl / amyl that is illegal.

Dicko said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 14:37...

Poppers are not subject to The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, but Medicine Act 1968 applies, as Medicines Control Agency has stated that amyl nitrite is a medicine. There is no whipping actually as poppers are sold as room deodorizers, thereby not falling under said Act. The recent noise about poppers in Parliament means they are basically considered harmless novelties and not illegal. I think you will find that it is possible to sell pentyl nitrite (but not isobutyl nitrite) in UK stores as UK is a common law jurisdiction.

In 1997 one shop in Camden was fined 100 quid for selling amyl nitrite. The reason is that amyl is a medicine for poisoning and angina. The same is not the case for pentyl nitrite. Iso butyl is banned under EU regs. As Brexit will never happen, it always will be banned.

Anonymous said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 16:07...

Err???, pentyl IS amyl and brexit HAS happened !!?

Dicko said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 17:35...

Brexit has not happened, the United Kingdom is still part of the European Union.

Pentyl is not amyl from a legal point of view, which is the subject here. C5H11NO2 vs (CH3)2CHCH2CH2ONO.

Anonymous said on Sun, 2 Oct 2016 at 09:46...

As soon as Brexit happens we overthrow the EU and get our iso butyl back.

Dicko said on Sun, 2 Oct 2016 at 12:33...

That will not happen: legislation is to be created to enshrine ALL Brussels rules into domestic law. Article 50 will create a giant new super-bureaucracy.

Anonymous said on Sun, 2 Oct 2016 at 13:21...

We will be out in 6 months, so they can go enshrine their own assholes...

Dicko said on Sun, 2 Oct 2016 at 13:55...

Wrong again, sorry. March 2019 (the very earliest) and it is the UK Parliament that will enshrine this new super-law, nothing to with Brussels.

Anonymous said on Sun, 2 Oct 2016 at 17:05...

2017 we're out

Comrade Carruthers said on Tue, 4 Oct 2016 at 07:47...

Out of work perhaps....no doubt Dyson will create loads of new jobs making vacuum cleaners for export to booming markets like Brazil. 4sure financial services (which IS the UK economy) will tank when multi-nationals can no longer "passport" services from the UK to the EU. It's gonna be great, a great disaster. Only the Arthur Daleys will survive; also expect nout from the dole -- the hard-right are in the ascendancy and will have none of that.

Anonymous said on Tue, 4 Oct 2016 at 16:40...

Comrade, Arthur Daley's got us through WW2. A strong resourceful character who adapts to change without moaning and groaning.

Comrade Carruthers said on Wed, 5 Oct 2016 at 08:12...

Comrade Anon, Mr Daley was a spiv / crook. Are you suggesting that young people take up selling nylons - down the Rose & Crown - to combat the inevitable economic destruction brought about by fans of Jeremy Clarkson? It is a novel idea.

Anonymous said on Wed, 5 Oct 2016 at 16:45...

Don't be silly. Arthur would only deal in Bri-Nylon. And yes young people need to stop going to silly Universities.

Byron said on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 at 06:56...

What novelist could imagine a dystopian world populated by beer-soaked yob populism (Farage et al) and America deciding the fate of a burning world through televised combat. Welcome to 2016, the end is nigh?

Eh Up Lad said on Thu, 13 Oct 2016 at 07:12...

Poppers what? Who cares. Brexit mean no pot noodles in Tesco and that is just the beginning! The same goes for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and Chicken Tonight! Were doomed, doomed I tell ya! Dr Oetker's Ristorante Pizza will be next...goodbye fine dining!

123 said on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 at 21:17...

UK Poppers = Isopropyl Nitrite = BRaaaIInn dAAmage = BREXIT

Piotr Kolowiecki said on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 at 06:19...

Yes, Isopropyl Nitrite is available in the UK. It comes in liquid form of aromas or poppers. visit :: http://www.aromaromauk.co.uk

user2 said on Fri, 2 Jun 2017 at 17:36...

As of may 30 2017 poppers from popperzone and poppersaromas and sexypoppers are all pentyl .no matter what brand you buy eg; jacked or rush or colt they all contain pentyl .so ya same formula with different labels.

Anonymous said on Sun, 23 Jul 2017 at 12:10...

I order pentyl poppers in Paris, and I receive it without any trouble ! Fortunately, shipping fees are free ! I love their pack of highrise big bottles too. the link is www.junglejuiceeurope.com

Maurice Raine-Coate said on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 at 10:11...

I love spending quality time with my Dyson Suckmatic 2000. My wife is not so keen on their washing machines though. She likes to use the old one which we keep in the garage.

I think they make their machines in Malaysia? Also, if you look on Dyson's wikipedia page you will see a picture of him in a shirt with a red collar. I am not sure what that is about, but it strikes me as rather racey.

Retro Funky said on Wed, 13 Dec 2017 at 08:28...

Why would pentyl nitrite not be legal? the ban is on isobutyl nitrite due to the BIG C concerns! Same goes for BUTYL which is what got banned in the USA and was replaced bu isobutyl...wondering if butyl nitrite was ever tested by those unfortunate EU lab rats???

Yeah and BTW folks: Joe Miller Rush (which everyone goes on): Rush was originally amyl, then Butyl under a guy called Freezer. Another guy called Hassing created isob-butyl in a turf war with Freezer. Joe only ever created Quciksilver - the rest (brands etc) was bought by him from Freezers wife. That was when the whole show moved to Indiana.

Rush 2017 comes from Pennsylvania.

pudding said on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 at 07:33...

I rely on my Swallow Saturnas 900 vacuum. It has provided years of satisfaction with it's firm, yet gentle, action. I do not approve of the Dyson range, as I have long suspected that they will suck off things they should not. Wallpaper, small pottery ornaments from the fireplace, and so forth.

User147 said on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 at 13:00...

Why all the hype about pentyl? It's not even close to the the original formulas. And why even stress that it's amyl. As for the cas number it's irrelevant. These pentyl/amyl formulas are not the original formulas and not even close to them. Your wasting your money. There is a list of brands with there original formulas. Eg iron horse is isobutyl not pentyl/amyl.

Show me the way to Armadildo said on Mon, 1 Jan 2018 at 10:53...

I like the detachable high suction units that come with these new range of modern cleaners. When my wife is home I can take this gizmo to the garden shed and watch The Jade Pussycat on my trusty Betamax. I am able to perform other high suction cleaning related activities with my left hand.

Anonymous said on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 13:48...

Isobutyl is an original formula in the sense that it was created solely to replace amyl (which was regulated in 1969) It is banned in Europe as a carcinogen. It is not an original formula at all, amyl nitrite is. Originally came in ampules. Original "disco" poppers, maybe. CAS numbers are irrelevant? If you mean in terms of the effect of poppers, then maybe.

Try learning about "poppers tolerance" to explain this..."not like a bottle I had in New York in 1987" talk.

Iron Horse is a brand created long after Rush and Pharmex. These-days, if you see it in a store, then it is usually Chinese and contains cyclohexyl. I guess the PWD iso-butyl can also be found. That would be now "Solvent Cleaner" not Iron Horse Leather Cleaner which is what it was originally. I guess Iron Horse was aimed at hard leather guys and came in handy for cleaning stains off their leather jackets or chaps :-)

Maurice Raine-Coate said on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 at 15:44...

I am very surprised about how people get so hot under the collar about poppers. I have tried them (Rush I think) and they made me feel nice for a while. Any guys in the Coventry area interested in vacuum cleaners? Me: natty dresser, told handsome (in 1976) enjoy cooking and reading SciFi. I am writing my own novel and own a cat.

Retro Funky said on Mon, 7 May 2018 at 16:14...

Pentyl is the closest you can get to safe poppers. If you can tell the difference between amyl and pentyl then you are a robot. There is no difference and that is obvious. Sure there may well be poor quality bottles, as there is now a mad rush to produce poppers, because of the changes in French law. Now been reversed iro isobutyl? or so they say....anyone?

gardenparty said on Sun, 3 Jun 2018 at 08:15...

Lots of misinformation here. The original AMYL (medicinal grade, unadulterated, 100% pure) was ISOAMYL, or ISOPENTYL NITRITE. In other words, the super active isomeric form of 'amyl'. Amyl and Pentyl are not quite the same - close, in my humble opinion - but pentyl is slightly weaker than the genuine article. Pentyl at best is a clever disguise for the original medicinal grade, but doesn't quite generate that sustained warm buzz that everyone searching for the 'best poppers' is yearning for. Just my 2 cents worth. (Ex-chemist here.)

Stroker said on Tue, 17 Jul 2018 at 03:39...

I started on medicinal Amyl for angina many years ago. There is no comparison to the old real Amyl and todays Pentyl. So I don't get it .
With the Amyl I used to get there was no mention of Pentyl.
Pentyl and Isopentyl are pure crap in my opinion. And while i'm at it isopropyl as the hot topic on here does indeed as I know from experience cause certral nerve eye damage. So if you enjoy getting needles in your eye then keep on doing the isopropyl.

P_Licker said on Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 03:09...

amyl nitrite is Isoamyl or Isopentyl (nitrite) cas 110-46-3
Pentyl Nitrite is NOT amy (though many call it amyl) cas 463-04-7

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.