Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Please tell me......

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Jeff
on Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 04:38

Jeff said on Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 04:38...

PWD ====> Rush,Super Rush,Lockerroom, ironhorse,Quicksilver,Hardware,Bolt,Goldrush

????? ====> Amsterdam
????? ====> Blueboy
????? ====> Junglejuice

Please tell me

Tiny said on Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 11:53...

Gold Rush was created by Rusty Anchor Marketing SA as Nail Polish Remover.

"In 2010, after the unfortunate closing of Pac West Distributing Corp. in the United States, Rusty Anchor Marketing took over representation of the world-famous PWD Brands, which includes a range of nail polish removers, personal lubricants, room odorizers, head cleaning solvents, degreasers, adhesive removers and leather cleaners. Currently, the majority of its resources are concentrated on promoting the legacy of the lesser-known PWD Brands such as Iron Horse, Ram and Hardware. Nevertheless, Rusty Anchor Marketing's crowning achievement continues to be its representation of RUSH, the #1 brand of nail polish remover in North America, and the #1 brand of room odorizer the world over."

I think Amsterdam was made by some Belgium outfit, Belgo something. Jungle Juice Plus is Canadian. Blue Boy> my guess is that was Canada too.

They are all made in China, the minute a new brand appears the Chinese have made it as well. I see there is a "UK style" Rush that is all over UK in major outlets.

Maninasuitcase said on Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 12:13...

Tiny, you forgot to mention 'clock cleaners' ! The UK Rush is a total fake - iso propyl, about time PWD sued the UK manufacturers.

Tiny said on Fri, 9 Sep 2016 at 17:59...

I don't know about that. Maybe they are making it under license, but not using the same formula. Rush is (or was) also made for PWD distribution in two formulas in the US. It is worth saying that PWD is the just the initials of the original manufacturer from the 1970s. Great Lakes Products initials GLP used to appear on bottles of Rush once. Great Lakes Products just bought the names, like Rush, from the previous owner's mother when he died. W. Jay Freezer died on 27 March 1985. There were historically two main corporations in California; West American Industries in Los Angeles (made Locker Room) and Pacific Western Distributing Corporation in San Francisco (made Rush). Locker Room was the original butyl poppers of that crazy time in California. Please note it was not originally isobutyl nitrite as is often claimed.

wolfbear said on Thu, 5 Jan 2017 at 20:21...

As of at least 2016, PWD purchased in S.F., CA. under the name of "Rush" containing the PWD stamp and the power balls had this on its yellow and red label: Ingredients: 85% Alcohol (does not mention what type of alcohol) 5% HCL, 5% H20 and 5% other. Other is not defined. IMHO, you may be using just plain rubbing alcohol, which would explain why "Rush" degrades to uselessness after you open the bottle a half dozen times, even if you keep it in the fridge or freezer. At $15.00 per bottle that is a waste of my money. How about yours? Jungle Juice Platinum purchased in San Francisco also, is an alkyl nitrite. Same relative price and slightly longer lasting but not much. Iron Horse purchased in S.F. again was at one time a very consistent product with a big bang use and lasted 10-20 seconds per huff and had a good shelf life after opening. But as of late, their product formula has changed and they are as shitty as all the others. Everyone's metabolism and length of time using are different, so what knocks one person's socks off, may have little effect on another person. IMHO, all three above are plain shit. No reco's.

wolfbear said on Thu, 5 Jan 2017 at 20:41...

I did use the so called amyl or pentyl nitrites produced by POPPER_PiG.com. It was a very good product, far superior to those mentioned above. But the price was astronomical and the providers attitude bordered on rude. He does give you ways to stretch out the use of the bottle so that it does not degrade rapidly, which was nice but the price is still way too high, despite what he tells you he has to do to get it out of his lab and to the public buyers. BTW, per Wiki, the medical grade amyl nitrite is actually 3methylbutyl nitrite, not pentyl. Although if you can find pentyl at $45/30ml bottle or less then I would jump on it and hope the batch is a good one. One reason you do not find any consistency is that all of the alcohols mentioned in my first post are used in methamphetamine production and the alcohols are reclaimed after refining the meth, cocaine and heroine. All schedule I drugs. So if not made exclusively for use as "head cleaners" or "fingernail polish removers" you are getting a second hand product. And even then you can never be sure because they are listed as "recreational" drugs and as such are bootlegged produced with no regulation of purity or source.

Anonymous said on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 19:53...

That statement above about the alcohols being second-hand is pure bullshit. These so called artisan poppers producers (aka bathub operations) are usually leather guys into FF and make for their scene. They want it as hot as they can get. No idea where this latest urban myth comes from! You remind me of Neil from City of Night.

Victor Nunes said on Thu, 21 Oct 2021 at 20:32...

I owned a shop in Johannesburg South Africa. Very much like to know of a
supplier of Popers in S.A. if there is anyone. Thank You.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.