Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Micro Traps

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by samson
on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 at 20:56

samson said on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 at 20:56...

Lot of talk recently about this. So here is the deal:

"Even after you open the bottle, the millions of tiny PPP™ Micro Traps in the Power-Pak Pellet™ continue to capture and eliminate the impurities which cause decay"

That means this pellet is somehow preserving a nitrite after exposure to oxygen. Anyone understand how that might work? I don't get it.

DabMaster said on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 at 22:10...

Even after you open the bottle, the millions of tiny PPPTM Micro Traps in the Power-Pak PelletTM continue to capture and eliminate the impurities which cause decay. As it does its job, you may notice that the Power-Pak PelletTM is actually crumbling and disintegrating, which tells you that it's working perfectly, so that our products always stay fresh and powerful when it counts.

Beware of other products which claim to have a Power-Pak PelletTM. but only contain ineffective plastic or clay beads. Instead of removing impurities, like the genuine Poer-Pak PelletTM does, these dirty beads actually contaminate the product.
Look for the exclusive Power-Pak PelletTM in every bottle. Only PWD can always guarantee Purity-Power-Potency!

samson said on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 at 08:13...

My question is how the pellet can stop oxidization (decay). What is a micro trap. From what I can understand nitrites slowly break down. That evil smell you get from old poppers is the smell of nitrogen, alcohol etc decomposing.

I read also that polymerization occurs. There I am lost :-( It is claimed that this mesoporous material "traps" the by-products of decay. My brain hurts trying to figure that out. I know that other brands (rave i think) used to contain instructions to shake the pellet as an agitator only.

PJ said on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 at 19:53...

I doubt anyone knows. "the impurities which cause decay" implies they are inherent, right?

macoha said on Mon, 17 Oct 2016 at 21:42...

Dab Master or someone

Can i ask:
http://www.powerpoppers.com/buy_poppers_online.shtml

is that shop genuine?
i remember having iron horse years ago and it was good.
also rush was good.

Is it same here?

heyazzo said on Mon, 26 Mar 2018 at 06:37...

They're microsieves, they trap water, which can dilute, or mess up a solvent like DCM (Dicholoromethane) or ethyl alcohol, when very little water in the solvent may screw up a synthesis like a Grignard Reaction to Make a Tertiary alcohol. Nurd Rage on youtube explains more about grignard reagents, as they need to be around >99% purity or greater.
They are porous beads that suck up water. That is all they are.

PopperInMa said on Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 21:00...

I have seen some where the bead shatters.. or disintegrates, and the liquid becomes cloudy. Whats that about? I stopped using the bottle if I saw that happen.

Greg Khaz said on Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 18:33...

All alkyl nitrites break down over time even if you never open the bottle. Even more so once you do. Moisture in the air can get into your bottle. Drying Compounds such as anhydrous sodium sulfate remove water by binding to it on a molecular level. Whether the power pellet is sodium sulfate or not I'm kinda curious myself.

PPB said on Mon, 23 May 2022 at 14:58...

I'm trying to figure out what the closest industrial analogue is since I highly doubt the technology is as proprietary as claimed. That's when I came across "molecular sieves" which seem to be similar in appearance and function, but usually smaller in size. Can anybody verify this?

Tesseract said on Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 20:14...

It's probably just a molecular sieve, that traps tiny molecules like H2O, to keep the solvent (which poppers are) dry. They can possibly also trap some other small molecules, formed by decomposition of the nitrites, to ensure clean solvent.

Tesseract said on Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 20:20...

It's pretty much the same concept as activated charcoal, which traps larger molecules. It's sort of like a sponge, on a molecular level. A sponge, for example, cannot absorb grains of sand. Bit of a weird analogy, but i hope you get the idea.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.