Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers Macul . . . . Poppers malop . . . destruction of central vision by use of poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Almost blinded by Poppers
on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 at 21:01

Almost blinded by Poppers said on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 at 21:01...

My story will follow in a number of posts. I hope it is enlightening. Isoprop poppers causes temporary (and possibly permanent) destruction of central vision. End of.

retro said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 04:59...

When are you going to post? I'm quite curious to hear this.

Anonymous said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 07:48...

Poppers macul malop maca what?? Maculopathy caused by isopropyl use. Quite well known about now and has been for some time, mainly due to idiots replacing it and banning isobutyl. Steer well clear, there are plenty of other nitrites out there, just not for sale here in the UK

Maninasuitcase said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 09:09...

Lot's of valuable info here on Poppers Maculopathy:

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

(Take note of junior eye doctors advice)

och aye the noo said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 17:08...

Just love the sense of drama! Coming soon...

Hadrian's Wall said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 19:09...

Nicky Nacky noo...

Anonymous said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 21:15...

I'm still waiting for these enlightening posts that are coming soon, or maybe it is just end of....

Edwina Doom said on Sun, 21 Aug 2016 at 07:39...

End of Times? Probably. Now that Nigel Mustache has defeated the EU Dragon then anything might happen! I say ditch the yogurt and muesli and go for the Full English. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think
Enjoy yourself, wash your undies in the sink
The years go by, seize life, be brave
Enjoy yourself, we're all heading for the grave

Almost Blinded by Poppers said on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 at 15:56...

Me
Middle aged, over weight but not massively, non diabetic, non drinker, non smoker, no under-lying medical conditions and not on any medication.

Almost Blinded by Poppers said on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 at 15:57...

Its just letting me post a few words at a time - above is the approx maximum. Is it 'cos of iPhone - this is clearly a lot less than the comment above it?

Trapped said on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 at 18:20...

Is isobutyl better than anything else on the market, when considering the loss of central vision?

Count Alucard said on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 at 17:31...

I'm a drinker, but booze didn't ruin my eyesight. 'Iso feckin propyl' did...

the man beyond said on Fri, 18 Aug 2017 at 04:34...

So THAT explains the 'eye of God' I keep seeing when doing poppers (the strong ones)!

test said on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 at 08:27...

test

test said on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 at 08:29...

it seems some threads have been killed
like 10213

i guess people will find this thread to continue their conversation

Brent said on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 at 17:59...

47yo - male - Australian.

I only ever used "amyl" (poppers) occasionally starting in the '80s - never a problem.

In the '90s I used it more often but still rarely. When I hit it, I hit it pretty hard. On one occasion, I went home with a guy I wasn't really into - he tried to get me to snort some amyl to get me into it, while I was lying down, and poured pretty much the whole bottle in my eyes! Well, that got me excited! Standing in the middle of the room, eyes wide open bellowing: "I can't see, I'm fucking blind, get me to a shower now!" I couldn't see a damn thing - totally blind, seriously - and the hit was extremely overwhelmingly intense! Panic on poppers! Rinsed eyes for about 30 minutes; my sight returned fully after about five minutes. Very red eyes for about 6 hours but nothing at all after a few days. No blind spots or similar at any time during this event, and no ongoing issues at all. I continued to use amyl occasionally.

In the early 2000s I used it a few times without incident. Then a few years later... another bottle at another time (and I hit it pretty hard) and each time I got "The Eye of Sauron" - a big green-yellow spot right in my central vision which peaked with the amyl, and faded as the amyl wore off. I just knew this was not good and not supposed to happen. I stopped using it suspecting central vision damage was in progress, although I couldn't find any information about it anywhere. The spot hung around a bit for a few days but then disappeared.

About five years ago I had double Lasik surgery. Several optometrists and an ophthalmologist/surgeon did very detailed examinations of both eyes and found nothing wrong (besides my long vision, of course). There was no detectable injury to my macular etc. My eyes are in perfect working order now - better than 6/6 (20/20) - they were 20/10 when I was a teenager.

Then... a few weeks ago I went to buy some "amyl" - been years since I tried it. I read up on it, and wouldn't you know it, since my last experience there has been an increase in reports of central vision problems with poppers. I looked around for something other than IPN. Took a few tentative sniffs and saw my old friend Sauron again (I heard he'd moved to New Zealand or something, so I was quite surprised to see him). That bottle went down the drain immediately. The spot faded quickly, lingering a little the next day (when I blinked, or moved from light into darkness) but was pretty much gone after 48 hours.

Now, I just don't know: Was the bottle I purchased IPN but sold as something else? Is it that the IPN of the mid 2000s which first introduced me to Sauron has left me with underlying damage which reappears with any type of poppers, as "Junior Eye doctor" [above] suggested? I just don't know. It's a real shame, as there is nothing quite like sucking dick with a lung full of amyl - more "swallowing" than "sucking".

Brent said on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 at 18:01...

Had to post the above comment on this thread - other/original thread was closed (but not not made clear in advance).

Motorhead Sherwood said on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 at 07:37...

May I suggest this thread as an alternative to the original thread:

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10054

As for your question, Bert: no one really knows...

Some claim that there always were vision problems, just not that many people noticed it that clearly. Best to stay away for all brands.

the man beyond said on Sun, 16 Jun 2019 at 03:47...

Brent - is the Eye of Sauron like the Eye of God I keep seeing?

Sand of Shame said on Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 20:20...

A couple of years ago I went a little hard with DS Iso butyl.
Besides the yellow spot, I then got the eye of sauron, which is still faintly there if I concentrate.
After going to eye doc, no visible damage to eye, but my vision flickers, especially in low light, so I know something happened.
Maybe just one of the unlucky ones...

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:43...

It is clearly stated by these companies that it is not for human consumption - If you know that there is a 50% chance that your vision could be affected by using poppers - would you really take the chance or the risk?. Unfortunately the reason why some of you find this site is when you are having issues after using these products - some people have no idea that their mental health / other physical issues are as a result of their popper usage. It's a solvent - and your abusing a solvent. It's called Solvent abuse / Chroming. Let's call it what it is - just because its been used by gay guys to make sex easier doesn't take away from what it actually does to you. Don't trust these companies who make these products as though they have a duty of care to you. They wouldn't even bother contacting you back if you damaged yourself as the result of using their product. Give them the finger that your not dumb enough to believe that they really think their products consist of Gay men who have an obsession with polishing their leather harnesses in night clubs, an ongoing nostalgic use of VCRs, and wanting their home to smell like a pungent volatile substance such as dirty socks

Stay Safe - Stay away from Poppers.

Dimarco said on Mon, 31 May 2021 at 23:55... said on Tue, 1 Jun 2021 at 07:37...

Hello. I'm sorry to message regarding this as it seems quite a common issue.

I'm aware of isopropyl causing issues with vision.
However is there any reports of eye issues with prntyl and amyl.?

I am a relatively new user and have been only using amyl and pentyl from (last few weeks a specific pently brand) i have started developing a pain behind my left eye and my vision is reduced in this eye. I have no known spots present?

So I'm not sure whether I'm worrying to much with the poppers use and this issue. Its has started to happen over the last month. I use the poppers a few times of week.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Or could it just be generally a separate issue with no relation to the poppers.

Amyl chemist said on Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 04:53...

Guys if you want an excellent hit which is both safe and extremely effective then never sniff directly from the bottle. Always take a piece of tissue and place about 0.5 mls on it by quickly inverting the bottle quickly to get some of the sheet of ( kitchen role or a few sheets of toilet role) and quickly place this in a large jam jar or Bolognese jar and close the lid. The vapour will build up and you will be able to enjoy a nice hit several times during sex without any danger of spilling liquid or getting some liquid up for nose (painful) you will also be able to regulate your dose whenever you want during your session. Make sure afterwards you throw the tissue away as it will only go yellow and be oxidised and nasty. Also you can know that you have a hit just waiting to be easily opened at your own convenience (have towel incase of lubed up fingers).
Incase of Side effects I found ammonia from smelling salts good for counteracting the cough as it neutralises the nitric acids in the lungs immediately. Have safe horny fun guys.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.