Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

How to make Isobutylnitrite at home

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Anonymous
on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 01:14

Anonymous said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 01:14...

nzpoppers.com has posted a recipe on its website

Jako said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 07:00...

It sounds a really dangerous thing to attempt.
5 warnings about things that can go wrong, including certain death !!!

Basil said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 08:00...

A very dangerous notion. It is beyond my comprehension that anyone would even consider this.

Five-O said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 08:55...

Avoidable if one wears proper protection. And a walk-in freezer would be advantageous. But still... For beginners, the outcome is rather uncertain, if all components are not administered in minute detail.

"I still say it's risky."

Cheers

Basil said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 10:04...

And the potential hazard to others, Five-O? When you write:For beginners, the outcome is rather uncertain, you do mean that there is a good chance of serious injury, death, serious danger to the public? Anybody that is even thinking of this is a candidate for being sectioned, i.e possibly insane.

Five-O said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 11:19...

Well Basil, I was referring to the technical aspect.
But you're absolutely right! Given, one got it right - what would he do with the remaining waste product, where to dispose of it? These thoughts came to me, just when I hit the "Post!" button, ;-).
Yet, we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves: the ingredients don't sound like easy to come by anyways.
But the targeted result would still not be the desired "refined" product. As one can read, the whole process simply don't end at this stage.
All in all, I'd rather leave that to those who actually know what they're doing, thus buying product from them.

Five-O said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 12:48...

Addendum:

Looking at this manual, it raises more questions than it answers, f.ex.: "cool down to 0 degrees" WHAT? Celsius, Farenheit? Or Kelvin? (Nah, scratch the last one) Different chemicals behave differently under various temperatures (even I as a non-chemist know that)
Perhaps it's a good thing one can find such manuals (however dubious they may be) over the web, so everyone in his right mind, and not experienced in chemistry, would only by reading refrain from even trying. At least I like to think so.

Cheers

Jako said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 14:22...

The more I look at the instructions, the more I think of..............Chernobyl !!!

Five-O said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 14:30...

More like Kyshtym:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyshtym

Cheers

Sniffmysocks said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 21:11...

I believe the 0 degrees refers to celsius. I have made poppers using a similar recipe. As it turns out the proportions are not too critical. Basically you are converting the alcohol to its corresponding alkyl nitrite. The yield should be the same depending on how slow you add the alcohol/acid to the sodium nitrite. If you don't have the proportions right you just will end up with less poppers. But even if you make a complete hash of it you will get some some poppers for sure. Re those warnings. A bit dramatic but technically correct. Making outside should take care of the gas issue, don't suck your fingers should protect from sodium nitrite poisoning, and he is absolutely correct add the acid to the water (not the other way round)to prevent violent exothermic reaction. The rest is pretty straight forward. Getting the chemicals can be a bit of a problem. Some like sulphuric acid are on the methamphetamine watch list. NANO2 can be found on ebay and isobutanol from chem houses. As to leaving it to the so called proffesionals to provide for you. Do you really trust them not to put some really nasty stuff into their product to stabilize it and give it a bit more kick? At least if you make it yourself you know exactly what went into it...

sniffmysocks said on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 at 21:24...

Also your poppers by definition will be fresher than any bought product.!!!

Five-O said on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 at 12:41...

But it still goes a long way...

Anyways

Cheers

jockinprogress said on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 at 16:41...

I just came across this thread and wanted to add my point of view.
I have a chemistry background, and while reading everyone's responses, I was grew concerned, until I read the recipe.

The science is sound. While I require a review of organic chemistry, specifically how alcohols react with strong acids, it seems to be a fairly stable solution. The fact that you put it in the freezer might be due to its volatility: a liquid's tendency to become vapor at room temp, and therefore, flammable. For the record, ice freezes at 0 C, 32 F, and 272.15 K.

The mixing of the sodium nitrate into water is very stable. It is no different than mixing table salt and water. It serves only to dissolve the sodium nitrate so it can more readily react to the alcohol/acid solution. Placing it in the freezer ensures the two solutions are mixed together at the same temperature.

When the mixing and chemical reactions occur, ALL of the sodium nitrite will be used in the reaction. In chemistry we call this the limiting reagent. Again, I am not sure if the alcohol or acid reacts to the nitrite. Once the yellow part is collected, you only have alcohol, acid and water, and sodium, possibly sodium (2) sulfate (also stable). In fact, since you had some alcohol/acid that reacted with the sodium nitrite, plus the water from the nitrite salt, you have added more water to the solution, and have a lower concentration of alcohol/acid than when you started. In fact, I believe the most caustic/harmful compound will be the yellow product that you would actually use.

I have not done the stoichiometric conversions and or specific chemical reactions that occur to back this up, but I am fairly certain of my estimation. Nor have I actually conducted this 'experiment'. I don't recommend trying it without sufficient skill, and especially without protective equipment, to which I would also suggest using an organic/solvent respirator. Any brown gas is probably very bad given the reagents, it may be, hydrogen (2) sulfide, a very nasty gas that smells like eggs, but is fatal at 10ppm.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to share my thoughts. The best thing I can suggest is do your own research or ask a chemist. Cheers.

Five-O said on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 at 16:59...

Thanks for your insights, Jock.

Cheers

jockinprogress said on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 at 17:06...

I mistyped. All of the NITRITE will be used up in the reaction. Again, I am not sure of the proportions because I haven't worked out how many moles of each reagent is present, but I think excess hydrogen will bond with sulfur to make H2S gas (very dangerous), and the excess hydroxide OH- will bond with the sodium to form NaOH, a strong base that will neutralize at least some of the sulfuric acid and form water and sodium sulfite. End waste products could be, alcohol, somewhat less concentrated sulfuric acid, sodium sulfate, water and hydrogen sulfide gas dispersed into atmosphere) It can be discarded in the sink. If the recipe was designed carefully and consciously, so that the acid base reaction was complete, you may only have alcohol, water and sodium sulfate.
Again, I need to work the actual calculations for the given amount of reactants to confirm this.

Anonymous said on Wed, 2 Apr 2014 at 20:36...

@jockinprogress. Very nearly correct The alcohol is being converted to its Alkylnitrite. This is achieved by the nitrite in the Sodium Nitrite being inserted into the alcohol chain creating the alkyl nitrite. The only problem is if you cause the reaction to progress at too fast a rate by adding the acid/alcohol mix faster than the ice jacket removing the heat i:e keeping the reaction running at freezing point then Nitrogen dioxide (reddish/brown gas) is released.

Jako said on Thu, 3 Apr 2014 at 19:34...

Nice to see all you chem heads at work, but where can I buy it legally ???

Anonymous said on Thu, 3 Apr 2014 at 21:09...

Actually because the NO2 has such a distinctive color you can easily see it and avoid putting your head in its cloud. Piece of cake. @jako I suspect nzpoppers.com probably has it. (not legal though)

Five-O said on Fri, 4 Apr 2014 at 10:06...

So, anyone ever tried to order from nzpoppers.com? Would anyone try?
They seem to only accept bitcoin for payment, and it seems to me, that one can only buy bc's for certain amounts of credits, not just as much as one needs. Well, I'm not going to buy bc's for 400 bucks, only to purchase something for 50 or 60, particularly not if I don't know to what ends.
Still could be though, I didn't get something right at the bc hp.

Cheers

Anonymous said on Fri, 4 Apr 2014 at 15:10...

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10198

Anonymous said on Fri, 4 Apr 2014 at 22:39...

You can buy as much or as little bitcoins as you want. I bought $50 worth the other day. Try localbitcoins.com.

Zoey said on Wed, 21 Jan 2015 at 02:56...

Hello dear friend,
I am original rush poppers with Hologram supplier .
Rush poppers 10ML is $1.55/bottles for USA customers which ship by HKEMS.
I hope you can check my products .
Please contact me by email:406700424@qq.com
It will be my great honor to be your rush poppers supplier.
Thanks
Zoey

Smoj said on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 at 07:21...

I'm not sure how many people make their own Iso Buty but I'm curious about a couple of things.

I've made several batches, mainly to see if it's possible at home, which it is without two much trouble, but it has no real smell. Because it has no smell, you take a little sniff and you don't smell anything (though you can feel the affect immediately), so you take a huge sniff and your lips turn blue and you almost pass out. What do they add to give it a smell ?

I've also noticed that if it's not stored in the fridge, after a few weeks it starts to generate an acidic, burnt smell which is unpleasant.
I'm guessing that the solution needs to be stabilised somehow. Any ideas ?

james one said on Sat, 30 Jan 2016 at 10:29...

pretty inane thing to do....suggest 101 in chemistry for starters....

bearperu said on Sat, 2 Apr 2016 at 23:00...

Hi Smoj, I had the same experience. I made a batch of Isopropy and Butyl Nitrite (I'm not sure if it was Isobutil or nButil, because it was the only one Butyl alchol that I found in my country). I have the same problem with lips turning blue, but the nitrite that I made was very weak, I don't know what I did bad, may be I separated the nitrite layer too early. What was your experience in Intensity?

You can add smell adding the same alcohol used for the reaction.

Wild World said on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 at 17:03...

pretty inane thing to do....

YES. One is utterly amazed at the stupidity of the great unwashed and what they get up to. Making poppers at home is about the most stupid thing possible. I will withdraw that remark when I see someone posting "Best Travel Destination To Catch Typhoid"

ballroomeaster said on Tue, 17 May 2016 at 22:53...

The reason people have even thought about making poppers themselves, (me included, and i know little of chemistry!) is because the global market, or certainly europe is flooded with non potent ones that give little buzz, and we're fed up with wasting money/time/effort trying to find that magic brand thats gives the sensation we want/miss and remember ! Why did the law have to interfere? people are always going to do things that are considered bad for them, but its their choice! Good luck Popper Cookers!

doumor99 said on Fri, 20 May 2016 at 01:26...

It is stabilized by washing with glycerine that will help with the curing smell. use about a teaspoon of glycerine per 25 to 30 ML of product shake well then extract the product off the top of the glycerine.

looking hard said on Thu, 21 Jul 2016 at 12:28...

It is a crazy thought, so where is the best but at this point.

sniffy said on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 at 19:50...

making this stuff is not that dangerous. Add the acid to ice, it will keep it from over heating. Also, it will give you a solution near 0 which is what you want so you don't need an ice bath. Extra water in the solution is not a problem. Also, HCl is much less fume-y, and off gasses less. As long as you are doing this outside, or in a vented hood, this is not dangerous. To the guy that made weak butyl.. most likely you got n-butanol. It does not mix with water well, and will separate/float immediately. Because of this, when you decant, your floating layer is weakly nitrite, and mostly still just alcohol. n-butanol is straight chain, and long enough to not be very miscible. For this to work well... you need the alcohol to be in solution, not floating.

Johann said on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 at 01:58...

The reason your lips turn blue is because the nitrite reacts with the iron in your hemoglobin. It oxidizes it from Ferrous(Fe+2) to Ferric(Fe+3) When that happens, the iron can no longer bond with oxygen. This syndrome is called methemoglobinemia. If you use a pulse-ox sensor, you will see the oxygen saturation degrade from the typical 96%+ to as low as 70%, depending on how much you have inhaled. It is dangerous to maintain this for very long, since your cells, especially brain cells need oxygen to live.

The reason for the refrigeration is that the reaction is extremely exothermic. There are several consequences to not controlling the temperature of the reaction, including inducing side reactions and losing the volatile product. The temperature regulates the reaction kinetics and thermodynamics. Removing heat as a product drives the reaction to completion thermodynamically. Controlling the temperature also lowers the energy distribution of the reactants and products, and therefore kinetically determines the reactions that can take place.

Regards

Poppermaker said on Wed, 5 Oct 2016 at 13:20...

yes..the main reason anyone wants to make poppers at home is because the world's supplier died in 2010 and nothing good has taken its place. I have tried the new PWD twice. Nothing great there and both 30ml IronHorse bottles were very different.....not consistent.

The biggest difficulty in making IBN at home is the sodium nitrite has to be USP quality. It has to be a guaranteed known purity. Otherwise, the reaction will have all manner of impurities in it....all of which cause bad effects. Also, even if the sodium nitrite is 100% pure, it will start to degrade quickly once exposed to air. So storage conditions become critical.

Poppermaker said on Wed, 5 Oct 2016 at 13:23...

I have made upwards of a thousand small brews...and the sodium nitrite quality is the key to consistency. With varying degrees of purity, you get a myriad range of effects and inconsistencies, most of which are BAD!!!

Poppermaker said on Wed, 5 Oct 2016 at 14:18...

Also, what is with the myth of "amyl nitrate"!!! That was never used instead of amyl nitrite or even isobutyl nitrite. And the odor of nitrites, when fresh and pure, is pleasant. So...if it smells bad, it's loaded with impurities.

Justme said on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 at 23:28...

I didn't have any problems making it none at all. Real straight forward, just keep it cooled down. If it scares you JUST work with small portions

CJ said on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 at 15:40...

Where is this "recipe"? nzpoppers.com doesn't open anything...

CJ said on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 at 15:43...

Where is this "recipe"? nzpoppers.com doesn't open anything...

just me said on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 at 22:28...

The quantities aren't critical
Freeze sulfuric acid about 1/4 cup
slowly add isopropyl alco real slowly about half cup
add sodium nitrite about 1/2 table spoon
stir constantly don't use metal reacts with sulfuric acid
you will get a precipitate this is you amyl NITRITE its on top floating.
Use only glass items to make this all from kitchen
glass jars or glasses
once you seperate amyl from sulfuric dry it out with epsom salt the shit you use in your bath tub thats those tablets you find in the bottom of the factory bottles absorbs any water. like I said quantities arent critical.
If you are afraid just use smaller quantities

just me said on Mon, 16 Jan 2017 at 21:10...

Check this link for recipe

https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/isopropylnitrite.html

just me said on Sun, 29 Jan 2017 at 21:45...

or here

https://www.reddit.com/r/popperpigs/comments/3fysdf/archiving_making_your_own_poppers/

Just me said on Thu, 2 Feb 2017 at 19:07...

Heres a real good example of homemade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvjxUU0abtY

Poppy said on Sat, 13 May 2017 at 01:46...

My nitrate came as white ballike crystals and does not disolve.wonder if I got the right stuff.is sodium nitrate supposed to be white or yellow?

Poppy said on Sat, 13 May 2017 at 20:05...

Finally figured out my problem.nitrat dissoves just fine in water only. Then add the alcohol. I was mixing the alcohol and water and trying to dissolve. Won't work that way. Now to finalise my first real batch.

justme said on Thu, 15 Jun 2017 at 15:30...

Hey poppy thnx for posting
hope everything comes out fine let us know what your end results are
wish Id have known this years ago spent alot of dough on poppers when it is so easy and cheap to do it at home

Newbee said on Sun, 18 Jun 2017 at 17:51...

Made 3 batches now this week using formula and recipe on Reddit.com site. 3 successes so far. Watch the you tube video also. It gives your brain a reference to think of in the cooling and mixing stages. I would have never learned how to make isopropyl nitrite had the government left the laws alone (not sure why drinking alcohol is still legal when it kills sooooo many more than poppers) but I am kinda glad they did make it Ilegal to sell in Canada because now I get good quality at a fraction of the cost. If you miss good poppers....try this at home. Best advice is what was posted about having everything you need ready before you start. Wear gloves, eye protection and a breathing mask. I used one of the paper ones like they use in the hospital. Not expensive at a pharmacy. It had been a few years for me to have poppers but now that sadness is gone. Thank you fellow sniffers for the good advice and the federal govt for being such dickheads.

justme said on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 at 19:19...

Thanx newbee for sharing. everyone come bak and share your experiences

justme said on Sat, 26 Aug 2017 at 20:57...

Be careful Ijist made a batch that took me at least 15 min to recover from no shit it knock me to the ground

Necro said on Mon, 11 Sep 2017 at 23:38...

Is the Reddit formula good?

Necro said on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 at 21:07...

My mixture is not separating?

justme said on Thu, 14 Sep 2017 at 19:17...

hey necro post the link for reddit

Necro said on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 at 23:43...

What do you get if you use potassium nitrate?

AmChem said on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 at 23:13...

Necro - nothing. You need to use sodium or potassium nitrite.

For anyone wanting a synth, it's easy if you have the right chemicals and equipment, I'll post my procedure that I use to great success (literally just made about 15mL an hour ago). I recommend that you should at least know basic organic chemistry, and if you don't, read up on simple laboratory techniques since you will be working with dangerous chemicals. Read through this thoroughly before you start.

Chemicals:
Distilled water
An alcohol (isopropyl, amyl, isobutyl for the classic formulae, be highly cautious if experimenting with other types since their effects are far less known or documented)
96% sulphuric acid, drain cleaner works fine, can also use hydrochloric acid
Sodium or potassium nitrite
Washing or baking soda (sodium carbonate or bicarbonate)

Equipment:
Four glass containers, tall form (think champagne glass) will be easier to use.
At least two pipettes/droppers, plastic is fine
Something to measure small volumes of liquid
Scales/balance (0.01g or 0.1g divisions are best, but 1g won't give you any problems)

I can appreciate that most people here won't have access to scientific glassware. If you do or have the money to, invest in some beakers, a measuring cylinder, and a separatory funnel. They are designed for handling chemicals and reactions in a wide range of temperatures and are far less likely to break. Albeit, the conditions here are fairly gentle and kitchen glass will work but accuracy may be an issue.

Procedure:
1. Slowly add 10mL of sulphuric acid to 10mL water (do it this way around, trust me!). If using hydrochloric, skip this step.
2. Add 10mL of your alcohol (don't use methanol or ethanol, their nitrite esters are gaseous at room temperature) to the same mixture
3. In another container, dissolve 13 grams of sodium nitrite, or 15 grams potassium nitrite in 20-25mL of water.
4. Chill both solutions in the freezer for an hour, or until they are at 0C
5. Dropwise, using a pipette, add the sodium/potassium nitrite solution to the acid. You will observe vigorous bubbling and a small amount of red-brown gas (important! Do not breathe this in, it will smell a bit like bleach)
6. You will see a yellow layer forming on top - this is your alkyl nitrite. When all the sodium/potassium nitrite solution is added, decant off the top layer into a separate, clean container
7. Prepare a saturated solution of washing soda or baking soda, it will look milky
8. Add this to your alkyl nitrite and mix it thoroughly to neutralise any acids and remove impurities. Decant the top layer again.

Congratulations, you've just made your very own poppers. You shouldn't need much safety gear since it's a safe reaction at cold temperatures, just some gloves and a surgical mask. Plenty of ventilation (outside is best) is necessary too, but I make it in my bedroom and I'm still alive.

Sulphuric and hydrochloric acids take some time to cause damage, they will not dissolve your skin on immediate contact despite what Hollywood likes to portray. If you spill some on your skin, it is imperative that you do not panic, just wash it off under the tap for a couple of minutes. If you spill some elsewhere, neutralise with washing/baking soda until it stops bubbling and clean it up like any other spill. Sodium sulphate is fairly safe to handle and sodium chloride is just your average table salt.

DO NOT try to make this without chilling the mixtures and adding them slowly, the aforementioned red-brown gas (nitrogen dioxide, certainly not laughing gas!) will otherwise be produced in large quantities and is a potent poison. Breathing this in will not affect you right away past coughing, and you could end up having your lungs filled with fluid - poppers are most definitely not worth this fate!

Lizi said on Sat, 28 Oct 2017 at 13:18...

To Justme, Can you tell us what went wrong in your last batch?

Mitch said on Wed, 8 Nov 2017 at 08:53...

Made the mistake of using Pottasium Nitrate not Nitrite. I think that is where I went wrong because nothing happened when mixing the ingredients together. I'v since ordered Sodium Nitrite from the UK off Ebay because they will ship to Canada. I will try again when the order comes in November 27th 2017. I'll keep you posted with my results.
Cheers!
Mike

Diver said on Wed, 8 Nov 2017 at 13:57...

Collecting all the chemicals at the moment. Does the glycerine provide the sweet smell that some poppers have or should I not bother with a glycerine wash and just use bath salts?

AmChem said on Wed, 21 Feb 2018 at 11:57...

Why buy poppers when you can make 100% pure nitrites with no added ingredients, anyone can easily make 20-50 bottles worth for the cost of buying a single one meaning it’s basically poppers on tap. If you need more, it takes 1-2 hours and you don’t have to wait or pay for shipping!

PopChef2 said on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 at 01:01...

Here's a link to Alkyl nitrite preparation

https://www.reddit.com/r/popperpigs/comments/776x0s/alkyl_nitrite_preparation/?utm_source=reddit-android

Tillamook said on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 08:07...

Hi volks!
I got all chemicals and want to try first time.
For now just got few security questions.... In some recipes they don't use water....they dissolve the sodium nitrite directly in Isopropanol and add the H2SO4 drop wise.
Can it be dangerous cooking without water? Because the solution will be too concentrate and react harmful?
Another thing: Can it be that some other intermediates appear during cooking like as nitroglycerine? Maybe latest when washing the final product with glycerine?

Failure said on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 18:55...

I tried the recipe above twice and it didn’t work. Their is no yellow layer on top. After the brown smoke clears there is only foaming white substance. I followed exactly the instructions. Just made an expensive mess.

Tillamook said on Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 14:11...

Me again! didn't get the sodium nitrite...where to get it? can nitrited salt be used as for food processing?

Tillamook said on Mon, 15 Oct 2018 at 07:40...

Ok worked....but harvest was poor :/

I solved a table spoon into 25ml clean water.
Then added 25ml propanole and 25ml sulfuric acid 38%

Does anybody has a better recipe?

Amchem said on Sat, 3 Nov 2018 at 10:57...

Failure: did you keep an eye on the temperature? Must be performed very slowly and kept below 30C so that your product doesn’t evaporate off! I have no answers if your temperature was fine, other than sub-par reagents.

Linea said on Fri, 13 Sep 2019 at 13:15...

Step 5 in AmChems post didn't work for me, however if I add the acid/alcohol mix to Nitrite solution it does work.
After decanting I washed in sodium bicarb and then in vegetable glycerine. End product burnt with nice flame (blue base, yellow top) but lacks head punch.
Used n-butly alcohol, HCl (36%), NaNO2.
Hope to do better next try. Any thoughts

Kenny1md said on Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 10:27...

Can someone please right a list of the Chemicals I need pls

Trev said on Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 14:00...

So I tried to make this myself and had an odd reaction. The yellow fluid precipitated underneath the white. I strained off the white liquid and washed the yellow with a baking soda solution then harvested it. Put it into a small bottle to cure the suggested 6 hours a d when I went to check it, the yellow fluid had become clear and the scent was quickly fading.
Any idea what might have gone wrong?

lizzy yum said on Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 20:52...

can you use a bottle of store bought poppers and separate out nitrates with sulfuric acid to get a stronger liquid modifying just me's method

quote:
just me said on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 at 22:28...

The quantities aren't critical
Freeze sulfuric acid about 1/4 cup
slowly add isopropyl alco real slowly about half cup
add sodium nitrite about 1/2 table spoon
stir constantly don't use metal reacts with sulfuric acid
you will get a precipitate this is you amyl NITRITE its on top floating.
Use only glass items to make this all from kitchen
glass jars or glasses
once you seperate amyl from sulfuric dry it out with epsom salt the shit you use in your bath tub thats those tablets you find in the bottom of the factory bottles absorbs any water. like I said quantities arent critical.
If you are afraid just use smaller quantities

lizzy yum said on Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 22:00...

i was thinking to separate nitrate solution from one (store bought poppers #1) then add concentrated nitrate solution from #1 to a second bottle of store bought (poppers #2)

Trev said on Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 06:54...

Did it again. The last time I made my own potassium nitrate and reduced it to nitrite for the reaction, but I didn't chill it before mixing with the acid. Chilled it this time but didn't get a large yield like I hoped. Maybe 7-10mL. It has the smell of poppers, but it doesn't hit right away.
Signs of success with the mixing:
Alcohol residue forming along the sides of the container just above the liquid. The liquid itself becomes smoky in color and a clear to yellow layer forms over the surface.
I definitely recommend sticking to a clear container for the mixing so you can see that it's reacting.

lizzy yum said on Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 13:17...

lizzy yum said on Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 20:52...

can you use a bottle of store bought poppers and separate out nitrates with sulfuric acid to get a stronger liquid modifying just me's method

edit: i dont know if this worked (above quote) ended up adding sulfuric acid and isopropyl alcohol trying to separate, seems to have made store bought poppers 10x as strong.

lizzy yum said on Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 13:25...

makes me wonder if you can add a a drop or two of sulfuric acid and isopropyl alcohol to a bottle of store bought poppers to make them stronger?

Cumco said on Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 23:39...

Hi Just Me, could you share the youtube video again, (Heres a real good example of homemade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvjxUU0abtY), since the video is removed, I would really appreciate it...

copper popper said on Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 01:34...

the supplies i bought on amazon were laced with invisible ink, beware!

Rinesh Ignatius said on Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 05:42...

Where can we get poppers in nz

96% said on Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 02:55...

I've seen 96% isopentyl nitrite advertised from a effectively a industrial chemist. would this be suitable for use? whats the other 4%?

Trev said on Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 08:22...

Copper popper, if you're looking for reagents, you should avoid Amazon. The most you can probably get from them is the isopropyl. You can get muriatic acid at Lowe's quite cheaply, as well as potassium nitrate if you're making the nitrite yourself. If you're not synthesizing your own nitrite, you can get sodium nitrite pretty cheaply using chemical production firms or even ebay.

BEE said on Thu, 13 Aug 2020 at 07:50...

I have heaps of bottles of JJ Gold that have lost their kick due to age and heating them slightly for a better hit. what evaporates in the bottles that i might be able to re add

chipmanly said on Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 05:06...

my jungle juice is thick anything I can do to make it not thick

barclay said on Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 18:03...

Folks, in order not to confuse those reading the thread and wanting to do some chemistry of their own, please take care to be accurate with the ingredients.
As has been pointed out nitrAtes are not the same as nitrItes. Having one fewer oxygen atoms fundamentally changes the bonding within the molecule and hence its properties. As Trev says you can make your own nitrite from nitrate, but notwithstandijng that, if you want to use the recipes on this page and elsewhere you need the nitrite, not the nitrate.
OK - period of pedantry over :-)
Happy Cooking!

piggy yum said on Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 01:43...

trev thanks its me (copper and lizzy) you saved me with muriatic acid, i bought nitrates on amazon, omg huge bottle! anywhere i can get alcohol? do you know substitute?

Anonymous said on Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 01:48...

i got alot of popper xxx vids here https://xhamster.com/users/lizzyyum/videos
please let me know if u like? 1+ years of popper piggy yum, i am a chick btw
also 500 vids, i am top 3 amateur right now!

piggy yum said on Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 01:48...

i got alot of popper xxx vids here https://xhamster.com/users/lizzyyum/videos
please let me know if u like? 1+ years of popper piggy yum, i am a chick btw
also 500 vids, i am top 3 amateur right now!

piggy yum said on Sun, 16 May 2021 at 19:39...

TRICKS I LEARNED TO MAKE POPPERS STRONGER:
piggy yum: cool i like sex and poppers
piggy yum: i learned how to make em on popper guide

friend X:mmmmmmm fuck yes I would love to learn how to make them.......great
friend X: Love poppers makes me go wild sex

piggy yum: i am piggy yum on popper guide
piggy yum: i quit them, used them all day for a year and almost put a hole in my nose, was sniffing two 8oz bottles with i inch opening in cap, each nostril
piggy yum: try bigger bottle, try adding hand sanitizer to refresh just a lil bit, and some brewers yeast evaporates water

friend X: Ok i will have a look at that popper guide link

piggy yum: you can put them in your ass too, and bigger hits suck in through mouth not nose

friend X: will try bigger bottle then and some hand sanitizer ......what does sanitizer achieve?
friend X: Have not tried through mouth....how do you do that? is it just putting breath through the mouth then?

piggy yum: bigger bottle bigger opening lid very strong pour up to 8 store bought bottles in one 8oz bottle, big opening lid

friend X: And do just open the lid as normal to breath through the mouth then instead of nose?

piggy yum: breath through mouth close lips a little hole breathe, mouth or nose

piggy yum: hand sanitizer makes old bottle very strong, get hand sanitizer with 70-100 percent alcohol no additives, a few drops
piggy yum: can put in arse also
piggy yum: dont put too much in arse like 4 drops
piggy yum: brewers yeast very little is used like pellets inside evaporates water and makes stronger

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.