Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Old poppers feel more effective than fresh ones?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by partypopper
on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 18:29

partypopper said on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 18:29...

Used a bottle of Jungle Juice for about 4 months, and while the intensity seems to have lessened over time, the effect is still rather pleasant. Recently opened a fresh bottle — exactly the same brand and volume — but it just doesn't feel as nice as the old one.

In fact, I sometimes go back to the old bottle and it feels better even though the effects are less strong.

Is it normal for different bottles from the same company to feel differently? Certainly feels strange to me.

Roy said on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 19:28...

what is the difference? less smooth or something else..

YesSir said on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 21:39...

Yes, that has been my experience. There is no consistency. Quality varies widely from bottle to bottle. I've had bottles that lasted for weeks and others that were crap from the beginning.

Eastie69 said on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 at 13:19...

Thats my experience too, but it sounds to me like you have propyl JJ, it does seem to last longer than the pentyl formulas. Like amyl, pentyl seems to degrade fairly quickly with use. Kept capped it does much better, I like to pour off smaller bottles to use from a 30ml big bottle. I also keep the dregs of bottles when they start to go and smell like dirty socks, and that stuff can still pack a punch after months and months of storage...

partypoppers said on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 at 18:41...

Do you guys think I should just pour some of the newer bottle into the old one? Hmmmm…

lonely said on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 at 15:11...

You mean partpopper had propyl first and that is why it lasted?

Eastie69 said on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 at 15:17...

Its just been my experience that propyl stays fresh alot longer than amyl (and pentyl). And I find if I pour off 10ml or so at a time from a 30ml bottle, the big bottle stays fresher longer. I have read some people only like to buy 10ml bottles as they are always nice and fresh, but its cheaper to get the 30ml, and break it down.

partypopper said on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 at 18:14...

Isn’t the propyl type also the one that (allegedly) affects vision? Oh dear… I’ve become quite accustomed to wanking with poppers now =\

Dogtag said on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 at 20:55...

Nitrites degrade so unless you have a shit hot manufacturing set up then quality varies. It is true that some formulas are more "long lasting" but can also be something to do with the day/week your bottle was made.

B dude said on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 at 23:45...

Isopropyl totally can affect your vision. Popper maculopathy. Im 2 weeks into it. Central vision is gone from one night of huffing. Unbelievable !!! So scary. Might have improved a bit. Not confirmed yet. I was real blue. I been doing poppers 23 years. No problems. Totally unexpected. Not sure how or why it happened. But it did. I hope to recover. Im abstaining totally. Says takes several monthes. But no guarantee. Be careful people. If it hadn't happened to me I wouldn't believe it . Unreal !!! Was using rush brand .yellow/red bottle. Google popper maculopathy. Be informed

Vampira said on Thu, 7 Apr 2016 at 17:18...

In theory fresh poppers should be best...they degrade the minute they come into contact with oxygen. The issue described sounds like good batch vs bad batch. Isopropyl nitrite is bad news as the non-commercial poster above says BUT jungle juice poppers do not (or should not) contain that formula.

Anonymous said on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 at 01:11...

Is there any site to buy from in Canada?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.