Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers in NYC

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by UWSfel8r
on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 at 13:44

UWSfel8r said on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 at 13:44...

Where is the best place to purchase decent poppers in New York City?

I was told by someone at The Leather Man on Christopher Street that due to a change in some law, poppers were now worse than ever, and I have to agree.

I'm in my early 50s, so I remember when you could purchase medical grade amyl nitrate snappers on the street. I know that's no longer possible, but is there anything out there that does the job without leaving you with a headache and regret?

Thanks.

Hogtie said on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 at 16:18...

snappers! wo! what were they like, sir???

UWSfel8r said on Wed, 19 Mar 2014 at 01:46...

They were amazing!

There was a guy in the late 70s and early 80s who used to have a TV tray table set up at the corner of Christopher Street and Weekhawken Street, a few feet from Badlands and a few yards from the old, elevated West Side Highway and he would shout out "amyl five, Locker Room two-for-five, free hits!" (He kept an open bottle of Locker Room on the tray for anyone who wanted a free hit.) And I'd buy a box of (10? 12?) amyl ampules and head on over to the Anvil.

How were they? A-fucking-mazing! The rushiest of rushes you can imagine, with no residual headache or anything else. It was medicine, after all. FDA approved! But back then, even Locker Room was pretty amazing.

Lars said on Wed, 19 Mar 2014 at 15:21...

Thanks for sharing. Would have loved to go with you the Anvil (i heard of it of course!)

Apacheboy said on Wed, 19 Mar 2014 at 20:04...

Check it out! it is a hotel now! if walls could talk lol I just kinda know that the guy with the TV table was really cute? yeah...don't break the dream man!

UWSfel8r said on Thu, 20 Mar 2014 at 00:15...

Most of the action took place in the basement. The ground level was a bar, dance floor and stage where there was a drag show.

The basement was notorious. The bartender would regularly shout to the crowd "Gentlemen watch your wallets in the backroom please."

Only out-of-towners had wallets. We city folk knew to carry enough just cash to get in, get drunk and take a cab home, plus ID in case the place got raided. There were no such things as ATMs then, so you needed to have the cash on hand.

NYCPartyGoer said on Thu, 20 Mar 2014 at 05:01...

Curious as to where to buy decent poppers in NYC as well.

Skeet said on Thu, 20 Mar 2014 at 11:24...

I found that brick and mortar shops tend to have more bunk products than just ordering online. Chances are the guy buying them for the shop doesn't know what he's looking for and just orders some "Rush" or "Jungle Juice",thinking the big common names mean quality. Just try and find a reputable online vendor if its an option for you.

Just sayin said on Thu, 20 Mar 2014 at 19:02...

Blue Store 8th Ave?

iaacs said on Wed, 26 Mar 2014 at 03:02...

The Unicorn in Chelsea, on 8th ave and 22. They also have a great back room where you can try out your new bottle of poppers...

popperpenis said on Thu, 8 May 2014 at 16:22...

Just check the bottles - don;t buy any that say 85% alcohol on them, and better yet, just buy online - I'm having luck at powerpoppers.com (and I don't work for them or anything) - the sex shops on 8th ave between 14th and 21st still have decent selections, just look at the bottles first.

Procrastination_Xtravaganza said on Mon, 19 May 2014 at 03:40...

Like most others said Chelsea is it. Rainbow across the street from the Blue store (8th ave and 21st St) has a much wider selection and better prices. You still have to read the labels, the (fake) Jungle Juice is just acid, literally hydrochloric acid (yuck.)

They have everything there try a couple of the isobutyls.

Anonymous said on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 at 14:24...

Where in bk 11206 near wood hull can I buy poppers

B said on Mon, 26 Jan 2015 at 18:41...

I bought poppers from the blue store in Chelsea.
My first experience with them. Fucking amazing I've never been so in love with my cock

Crushed said on Mon, 9 Feb 2015 at 06:59...

I've bought bottles from the Blue Store, Rainbow and they were shit. I might have been able to get a day from them, and afterwards, they were all useless. I'm guessing that all the other places in Chelsea on 8th between 14th and 23rd will be the same. A place on Christopher was also a bust. The worst was some online shop, USPOPSHOP.COM with their crushed pill idea to maintain freshness made the entire bottle cloudy. I wasn't too impressed with my purchase from powerpoppers.com, but they were better than the rest. Their Jungle Juice worked in relaxing muscles, but smelled poorly. None are as good as the ones I was getting in 2001-2003. I remember the brown bottles, blue bottles and Jungle Juices were much better then, and now I can't even get close to the same quality. :-(

Jacked said on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 at 21:57...

i just bought 2 large bottles of the plain brown type at leather man. Very expensive!! $65!! But good buzz.

Been Around said on Sun, 3 May 2015 at 19:08...

Try the English brands at London, downstairs on Christopher in the first block west of 7th Avenue. Best I have found. The Indian guy is a good guide to the most effective purchase.

NubianJock said on Thu, 7 Jan 2016 at 21:04...

Does anyone known of any places to buy good poppers in the Bronx, Westchester or Fairfield Counties?

shadowfag said on Wed, 9 Mar 2016 at 03:14...

Been ordering poppers online from UK for over 4 years now from worldaromas.com but now theyre shutting down the selling because its banned in UK now. So im so screwed and not in a good way. Anyone have any recommendations? thanks

samhainaz@yahoo.com

Victor said on Thu, 12 May 2016 at 23:03...

Poppers in theBronx
Like to swallow and get ducked. 347_2260146

John said on Sun, 15 May 2016 at 20:27...

Anyone know where to buy good poppers in queens nyc

brobottom said on Sun, 22 May 2016 at 17:33...

is there any sex shops by the east side that sells poppers? i went to a video store once in midtown east (somewhere below 60s) but i forgot where it was

Al said on Sun, 28 Aug 2016 at 14:29...

Has anyone bought from the Asian source that posted messages (signed Zoey)? $1.52 per bottle seems too good to be true.....

PHGuy said on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 at 12:25...

Last week, bought 4 bottles of "Rush" from my usual supplier, the sex shop on 8th, just north of 42nd. All bottles were BAD. Tried 2 more from their competition on 8th at 38th.. those were BAD too. Out of desperation, I tried the sex store up on 8th around 47th, thosecwere BAD too. In all cases, after removing the wrapper, I found the caps to be rather loose. What the hell is going on here? For years I've never had a problem buying from these stores! I just found a pre-opened bottle that had been stashed away for over a year, and it was WAY better than any of the 8 bottles that I purchased in the last week!! I generally try to stay close to home, in Midtown, but I'm going to take a chance and venture down to Chelsea and try my luck there. Does anyone know of any place in Manhattan that sells GENUINE Rush™?????

Cool said on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 at 21:43...

Hi PHGuy but did you use them? what did u do instead? I want to buy in some of the stores on 8 av but don't want to buy just any brand, the most heard is Rush, just the one you mentioned, but I want to buy something, doesn't matter if it is not so potent, but with no side effects, someone help me?

rick2hot said on Fri, 28 Apr 2017 at 20:26...

Anyone know where you can can get or even underground Real Amyl Nitrite Ampules (snappers) street name. without a prescription in NYC.

inwooddaddy said on Sun, 13 Aug 2017 at 21:00...

Rick2Hot
If you find out about Real Amyl Nitrite
WITH or WITHOUT Rx
Let us know
at aol

Thisdudehere said on Mon, 18 Sep 2017 at 02:59...

Anyone know of a place in bay ridge to buy?

Jay said on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 at 01:37...

In bay ridge find them on the bodegas on 86th and 4th

Uess said on Sat, 6 Jan 2018 at 03:27...

Anyone buy in the UES or midtown east?
Any particular brands in general that have been found effective in NYC?

Jon said on Fri, 2 Mar 2018 at 08:26...

In NY next week. Need to get really good quality amyl staying near Columbus Circle any Ideas on where I could purchase?

Openmouth said on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 11:57...

Any place in Rockland besides the ABS in Spring Valley?

Joe said on Thu, 5 Jul 2018 at 00:07...

Most smoke shops i.e. The ones that carry hookahs, vape products and so forth carry poppers in the city. The adult bookstore on e 54th between 2nd and 3rd closed. In midtown as mentioned the smoke shops usually have a decent selection usually $10-15 for 10ml and $15-$25 for 30ml. The Pleasure Chest at 60th and 2nd Ave has a small selection displayed discreetly by the registers; need to request they be brought out from the back. Of note seem to like the consistency of Amsterdam lately. Slower to come on but a nice mellow rush esp when wife pegs me. Tried Pig Sweat, strong but burns around the nose. Basic Rush seems hit or miss. Not an avid user just occisionally when wife is calling the shots.

kevin said on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 at 11:56...

is pentyl invading the US

Bill said on Fri, 12 Jun 2020 at 22:37...

The best available are online at briarwalk.com.

kairoth69z said on Fri, 7 Aug 2020 at 11:01...

Bill how fast is Briarwalk's shipping?

Snow said on Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 12:35...

Has anyone ordered this in the UK?

Ron said on Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 23:54...

Where can I buy good poppers with great rush and best quality ? It would be good if you could suggest from nearby Jersey City or New York? Anyone has tried any better brands?

Vitto G said on Thu, 2 Sep 2021 at 22:11...

I've been using poppers2nyc , its US based.
Tried JJ Platinum and RUSH Black Poppers so far, they were both the real deal...

Pink Guy said on Sun, 8 May 2022 at 05:40...

Hey PHGuy I had the same issue buying them from random store before too but I hope you didn't throw them out. I gave them a second try. Gave the a good shake warmed the bottle up a little under some warm water and managed to get some good use out of them. I read somewhere they work better when they are a little warm rather than cold. I just bought the letterman home brew. I opened it first times didn't get any affect. Second time shook the bottle gave it a little warming up and it hit well. I could see why people like that one. Haven't used it in action yet but dam I'm glad I gave it the test runs first.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.