Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Fungal infection from poppers?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Dutchdude
on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 at 17:03

Dutchdude said on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 at 17:03...

Did you guys ever had a fungal infection (yeast infection/candida/jock itch) on your penis after a few days of poppers use?

I had it a couple of days ago and I think it is caused by the poppers that weakened my immunity.

Could this be true? Anyone else had it too?

Anonymous said on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 at 17:50...

I had the same situation here but not sure if it was caused by the poppers......

Fan said on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 at 19:27...

there's a weird notion! Could this be true? Nope highly unlikely IMHO

Hi5 said on Thu, 27 Feb 2014 at 16:10...

Yuk!

Fred said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 00:57...

No, but I thought I had a fungal infection on the sides of my nose (not nostrils) and finally figured out that it was from poppers. I didn't think that it would leech through my nose to affect the outside, but something it did. Obviously, if it's doing that sort of damage on the outside, it's doing the same to the inside. This hasn't happened with all poppers but at least some that I've gotten ahold of.

Basil said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 17:41...

Some poppers apparently contain fragrances. You may have an allergy there, Fred. Intraocular pressure is well known but these two cases could be due to an additive used.

Basil said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 18:07...

Second thought for Dutchdue, sclerosing lymphangitis? is that perhaps what you see.

Dutchdude said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 12:00...

No according to my doctor it's a fungal infection. I had tiny tears in my foreskin and itchy red areas on my cock and balls. Got a cream to fight the infection which seems to be working now after a few days.

I was just wondering if more people had this after a poppers session. But I guess there's no relation between poppers and bacterial infections.

Truth said on Thu, 13 Mar 2014 at 00:56...

Okay guys...

I just want to clear some things up.

First of all, you can't get a fungal or bacterial infection from poppers because there is no fungus or bacteria IN poppers! It has nothing to do with fragrances either. Just use your brains for a moment.

Poppers contain chemicals. You are not supposed to inhale the poppers itself, just the fumes.

If you get the liquid on your skin (around your nostrils or lips) and you don't wipe it off COMPLETELY and IMMEDIATELY, then you will most likely get what is called a chemical burn. This can happen very easily in a dark room with a lot of hot naked action going on!

These burns can look like some sort of fungal or bacterial infection (I guess) or even herpes, but it's not. (However if you have herpes you better freakin' know about it and not blame it on some little brown bottle.)

When you are doing poppers (or any chemical) you need to be very careful!

Hold the bottle so that your finger is just over the edge, acting as a guide. This way, when you hold the bottle to your nose, once your finger tip touches your nose, you know that the bottle is close enough to get a good whiff but you won't touch the skin.

If the bottle edge touches the skin (even if it doesn't feel wet) it can give you a burn which will show up within 24 to 36 hours after doing it (but the burning feeling will start much sooner depending on the strength of the poppers.

to avoid this, when you are using poppers, if you don't have wet-wipes handy, and you get some on your skin, take your dick out of whoever's mouth it's in and wipe off the skin that the bottle touched! Fast!

Even if you just use your hand to wipe it off, that's better than nothing. Your hands won't get the same effect because the skin on the hands is not as sensitive.

Use some common sense. Your doctor will most likely say whatever the fuck he or she thinks is appropriate because if they say that it can't hurt you then they can be liable for bigger problems.

The only ways in which poppers can hurt you are in the way that they make your heart beat a lot faster (which can be dangerous for some people) or they can give you a headache if they are from an old bottle (one that has been opened for a long time.)

Yes they can also cause pressure behind the eyes too, but that comes from over-use and poor quality...

Again... there is no fungus or bacteria in poppers. If you have some rash on your dick that is because you have some other problem. In that case you shouldn't be fucking around with other people anyways. This has nothing to do with the poppers.

In some forums and websites it says that they can increase the likelihood of contracting an STD. This has nothing to do with the poppers themselves weakening your immune system. This is PURELY because they make you feel so damn hot sometimes that you may do some things that you might not do in a more "sober" frame of mind... yes, they are an intoxicant. So that is why you MUST be careful.

Stop living in ignorance and spreading fear. That fucks shit up for everyone. Do some research on your own. Don't just believe the first thing that you read. ESPECIALLY comments on websites (that includes this comment as well... do your own research.) And if that is too much for you. Then stop it altogether, go back to masturbating by yourself, and stop being an idiot.

You all have a brain... use it...

THEN you can use your cock ;-)

Happy (and SAFE) Fucking!!!

-Mr. Truth

diablo said on Sun, 30 Mar 2014 at 00:35...

for Dutchdude..........this used to happen to me also. But what it is
is that you are transferring the liquid from the bottle with your
fingertips to your groin. I use a cut off pen and sometimes
I will wrap the bottle with a small cloth. You are definetly using
isopropyl which will burn your skin.

Falacious Quack MD said on Wed, 8 Oct 2014 at 13:35...

To my mind you are suffering from galactophorous tachyphrasia. Drink plenty of water, inhale whale's breath, and walk backwards when passing a tabernacle. Be curt during seasonal changes and wear a paper hat in hot weather.

SteveO said on Sun, 7 Dec 2014 at 05:47...

Fungal infections are caused by a weakened immune system. Poppers weaken the immune system. The more you do the more it weakens it resulting in a fungal infection.

Edinburgh said on Sun, 14 Dec 2014 at 04:09...

Mr Truth - It has been shown that Poppers use can lower your immunity so It can make you more vulnerable to STD infections, so your comment is slightly wrong...

mike said on Tue, 3 Feb 2015 at 12:30...

I read in a medical journal that poppers can cause blindness so ive stopped using it

World of Toads said on Sun, 15 Nov 2015 at 18:56...

We are the world's leading supplier of toad leather from our own toad farms. We offer the following items:

wallets
hats
handbags
codpieces
gloves
shoes
ear muffs

Please note all our products are handmade and can be dyed to suit your outfit. We currently have limited supply due to a mass escape during the summer, so first come, first served, sorry.

Thank you for your interest.

John "The Toad" Wiggins t/a World of Toads (Coventry)

Restless said on Thu, 8 Jun 2017 at 17:57...

Can poppers corrode your skin and wear away the nostril hole?

Captain said on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 21:43...

Poppers do effect the immune system temporarily - it can take a up to a week for normal immune function to return "after short exposure to moderate doses."1 . Studies in mice shows that exposure to isobutyl nitrite suppresses the immune system. This immune suppression allows for bacterial growth in the lungs and livers of infected mice.2

So it is feasible that after your poppers use, your bodies natural defences against fungal or bacterial infections were compromised temporally to the extent that opportunistic infections were able to take hold.

So- no, fungal infections and/or bacterial infections does not 'come from' poppers(as in there are no fungi or bacteria present in the chemical) but the immunosuppressive effects poppers have on the bodies natural defences may mean that your body is less capable of fighting off minor issues. Best advice then is to ensure that your fit healthy and have a normal functioning immune system. Dont take poppers too often and try to to boost your immune system with supplements

1-Amyl nitrite alters human in vitro immune function." Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicity 1991; 13(4):557-587.

2-"Poppers: more evidence of suppressed immunity."
AIDS Treat News. 1999 Aug 20;(No 325):8.

Taz said on Thu, 1 Feb 2018 at 16:52...

Alrighty....
Been using Poppers for over 20 years or so and in recent years I started to develop breathing issues to which my Doctors cannot figure what is the cause, I also had developed a rash on my feet mainly around the toes and it stung like hell...no matter what the doctor prescribed it never cleared it up, looked like athletes foot, also i was getting the chemical burn on my foreskin of all places it use to weep like a large blister......and I never had poppers anywhere near my dick....turns out it was in the blood stream!

So as a test I went of poppers for 2 months, the rash on my foot cleared up completely the burn on foreskin was gone in two weeks and the lesions "tears" on foreskin also gone, breathing was and still is an issue...

Went back on poppers and after two weeks rash on foot came back, keep in mind I go through 2-3 15ml bottles per week...

Went off poppers again all cleared up...and thats how it will stay as I my health comes before what is only a few minutes of a high .

First timer said on Thu, 22 Feb 2018 at 07:14...

First time use poppers.
My face skin now is allergies. But I'm unsure izit caused by poppers or not.

Anyone have an idea about it?

Ham said on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 at 12:58...

@ Taz: that is because you have bad circulation, which is exacerbated by poppers use. You should not use them. The signs you describe are classic symptoms...your doctor should have realized it is a circulatory issue. Do you smoke?? Check out a diet that can improve circulation too. Garlic is good for starters, fish oils etc.

Nay said on Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 07:43...

This has happened to me. Jock itch and other fungal infections can typically result from a weakened immune system and poppers does just that. I abstained for poppers for about a year, and once I started using them again, I got jock itch. I remember the same thing happened when I abstained for a couple of weeks while I was on holiday. Once I got back home and started using them again, I had another jock itch infection. There would be some sort of correlation I think.

Anonymous said on Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 20:37...

Sounds like crabs, dear. You should cut down on the rough trade. It could also be scabies from dirty bed linen in a short stay motel.

Robbie said on Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 20:58...

Use poppers occasionally and enjoy them but get headaches and next day chesty coughs and breathessness and dry eyes.Dont know much about different ones or ones with less side affects are there better ones than others

Ahf said on Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 20:41...

Yep, has happened to me and it took a while and Rx to clear up

Mindbuggled said on Sat, 19 Feb 2022 at 18:47...

For years I've trying to figure out what causes an irritation on the tip of my penis head. I thought there were stds and nothing
Never made the connection between poppers and this effect.
I think if you are getting head and your playmate uses poppers you get involuntary exposure to the chemicals.
I think after 10 year or more of being paranoid and hunted by this I understand is the poppers.
I LOVE the effects.... maybe I just can't have it when I am getting blown

Jimmy said on Tue, 28 Nov 2023 at 21:40...

Finally, people who have experienced the same.

So, I used different types of poppers on a night and suddenly I had this big blister on my penis. Thought it was an STD, but was nearly impossible. Then after using “blue boy” poppers again, a couple hours later the itch was so bad that it could only be the poppers. Stayed off it for two days, it cleared up and was gone. Then went on the poppers again (couldn’t help it) and there it was again. Penis started to swell even though poppers weren’t near it.

I figured out that I’ve build an intolerance against blue boy, but not to other poppers - it’s just the blue bottle that gives me this severe itch and swollen penis

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.