Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

How long do they stay good for

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Maxcum
on Thu, 6 Feb 2014 at 13:11

Maxcum said on Thu, 6 Feb 2014 at 13:11...

How long do poppers stay "fresh" for?

The Rush Hour said on Fri, 7 Feb 2014 at 01:00...

Opened or unopened?

Unopened 2-3 years however I have to wonder if it's not longer cause long as air isn't making contact with the product to break it down, although some will tell you they rotate their stock every ten days to keep it fresh(although we don't know how long their supplier had it in stock, so something to take into acct. Although that is just marketing talk. I am using some Rush I ordered last May-June and its still got the punch.

Opened just depends how much you keep reopening it so kinda hard to say. Despite what some say the Rush I have lasts till its gone really.

Head said on Sun, 9 Feb 2014 at 10:41...

depends on A/ which formula and B/ where it is stored (both before and after purchase) Post above is correct - how much you keep reopening - even after opened 1st time if you seal it good it will have a shelf life.

whistleblower said on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 at 21:07...

The shelf life of poppers, until it can no longer be regarded as "fresh" is nearer to weeks, rather than months. "Fresh", it is a lot safer to use, rarely causes a headache, etc., etc.
Forget the crap about it being ok until opened, or that it is a "stable" substance, this is blatantly untrue. Fairly fresh bottles can be opened and resealed a couple of times, as long as stored properly in between. Moisture, mostly from your own breath, can cause rapid deterioration, so take care not to breathe into the bottle.
Once more that about a couple of months old, (at best with a strong following wind), they seem good at first, but deteriorate within 5 or 10 minutes of opening.
Even older than that, they will take the paint off your doors and even make enemies of any local skunks.
Unfortunately, the attempt to ban them in 2016, seems to have driven most of the legitimate suppliers out and "cowboys" bought up the remaining supplies, with a view to setting up in a black market, which prevailed for a while? Most of them have crawled back into the woodwork, realising that the scam was redundant, but unfortunately, some have gone over to trying to appear legitimate. They have been offloading the old supplies on who they consider to be "Mugs" using the fact that refunds are only given on "unopened" bottles? Nobody is going to be getting really fresh supplies, until all the old stocks have been offloaded and in the meantime, the fresh supplies are getting older on the back of shelves, until it is their turn to be sold. Catch 22?
I believe that there is a movement being set up to demand that "sell by" dates, or at least bottling dates are shown on all bottles, but we wont know if this is in effect until we hear the sound of horses galloping into the sunset?

Fresh is Best said on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 at 11:28...

It depends on the bottle seal actually. Nitrites will oxidize if they come into contact with the air. If you leave poppers in sunlight they will start to expand and that will likely break the seal. Never heard the idea about moisture but that figures.

Benjy said on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 10:45...

I made the mistake of ordering a full five trays last year, thinking I was saving a big of cash, and I'm sure they've lost potency since the first few weeks. I'm definitely going to order in smaller quantities in future.

Ali said on Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 18:16...

I need one

Diggy said on Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 03:46...

Poppers will remain functional for unlimited time but totally dependent upon minimal exposure to external contaminants like Co2 oxygen etc. Those external gases will reduce the quality but I've had a bottle of RUSH that I've had sitting in my closet for over 3 years and though it seems to work fine but the overall quality of the product doesn't seem to be quite as good as when it was fresh and unopened. Best bet is to buy the small 10 oz versus the 30 oz unless you have another bottle that you can split the amount but remember that the opened product will loose potency quicker than the factory sealed bottles.

D said on Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 04:24...

How long does Amsterdam last for

Nova said on Sat, 21 Aug 2021 at 21:24...

Do poppers give you a hard on and enhance your orgasmj

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.