Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Blue lips

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Falkirk1975
on Wed, 1 Jan 2014 at 09:42

Falkirk1975 said on Wed, 1 Jan 2014 at 09:42...

Used poppers off and on for many years
Noticed recently that lips and nails going blue almost immediately on sniffing
However when i use Jungle Juice that doesn't happen
Any ideas
Would be much appreciated

FunnyLookinRabbit said on Sat, 4 Jan 2014 at 15:23...

Blue lips and/fingernail bed is cyanosis, as sign that your oxygen saturation levels have dropped significantly. Cut out the poppers and perhaps consider a visit to your GP?

rdremming said on Tue, 28 Jan 2014 at 17:35...

Heard of Blue Boy poppers? It's common for we pig huffers to turn blue. Some brands are smoother than others, such as JJ Black Label (www.leather-cleaners.net). I don't turn blue from using them. Knock-offs, however, will do that to me quickly. So, if you're turning blue, get some good air (take a walk), drink a lot of water (poppers dehydrate you) and you'll be fine.

RockHead said on Mon, 10 Feb 2014 at 15:10...

Well the cyanosis isn't due to the oxygen levels dropping in your blood, it's actually due to a build up of methemoglobin. Poppers catalyze the enzyme that keeps methemoglobin levels in the blood low by turning it into hemoglobin (which is necessary for proper oxygen exchange with our cells). The build up of methemoglobin in our blood causes the paleness/blueness of skin and lips, etc. There isn't much you can do to avoid this if you're popping. It's not necessarily dangerous unless you have certain conditions, in fact if you were to measure your blood oxygen level you'd see that it's normal. However, too much methemoglobin in your blood can be a problem, so like anything just be careful and remember to let your body recover.

Lewis said on Sun, 11 May 2014 at 17:43...

I bought bears own strong aroma poppers cause I thought it would be good when coming off mkat then I did poppers ever 5-10 mins for 2 days and my body hurt loads and my lips went blue, is there any possibility that I could die?

B dude said on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 at 00:22...

Popper maculopathy. Happened to me. Google it.be informed. From one night of huffing. Central vision is GONE. Very scary. Its been 2 weeks. No change really takes several months to heal.. No guarantee though. Im abstaining completely. This is a game changer. Yes I was blue. Internet says its the isopropyl formula. Somehow the photo receptors in the back of eye, responsible for central vision get starved of oxygen and get damaged.. be careful be informed. Was using rush brand. Red/yellow bottle.

Madams said on Thu, 5 Feb 2015 at 21:36...

I didn't used to get blue lips/nails on the old stuff so is it just cheap ingredients?

pop lover said on Wed, 8 Apr 2015 at 09:46...

I love poppers but they make me go blue, give me a terrible cough and irritate my nose, eventually making it scabby.
Probably not worth it for af few seconds of pleasure

Jeff said on Sun, 3 May 2015 at 01:08...

I too have suffered central vision loss. Very scary indeed. Reading in bright light is very difficult. I'm sure I would fail a driving test vision test now.
B dude - how is your vision now?

Ban Rush said on Mon, 25 May 2015 at 13:03...

I've had the same thing. I've used poppers previously and never had a problem. I used "Rush" over 2 hours and my lips and hands turned blue. My eyesight hasn't been the same since with my central vision is blurred. Reading is difficult and I'm relying on my peripheral vision more.

It's been 3 days and it's no better. If anyone has had this same issue and is recovering can you tell me how long it's taken.

I've read lots about Rush doing this and won't be going near any of it again.

Jeff said on Wed, 27 May 2015 at 22:50...

It takes time, like MONTHS for it to get better but I'm sorry to say I haven't left it long enough before succumbing to the urge to do them again before my sight has had the chance to recover completely (if it ever will). I know it's stupid. It's not just Rush either. The old formula of poppers didn't have this effect.
Don't read too much online about it either, you'll just scare yourself. Just steer clear and give it a year. In my experience it takes less poppers to put my eyesight back to shit again after leaving it for 3/4 months. Best to steer clear altogether if you can.
Keep me updated if you can please. 8 weeks and counting and there is improvement.

Jeff said on Fri, 29 May 2015 at 11:15...

Here is a copy of a report which (to me at least) gives some hope to recovery. Total abstinence from here on in. See the part about cumulative effects and long term use.

http://pierresandiegoca.tumblr.com/post/69913448669/eye-adverse-ophthalmic-reaction-in-poppers

frosti said on Mon, 10 Aug 2015 at 20:16...

hi.
I once used the London brand the whole night with my mate, and my vision gone really bad the next day. Thought I was just tired, but was the same when I woke up the day after.
It took about 1-2 weeks to fully recover. never using this brand again and be warned!

popperssss said on Tue, 22 Sep 2015 at 14:59...

Yeah ususally the blueness disappears after a couple of hours or so.
My sight has also been changed for the worse. It depends what type I use. If I use ones I bought online from abroad, my eyes are usually okay. If i use ones i got in the UK (because they use a different chemical) my sight is always bad.

Andthen said on Sun, 1 Nov 2015 at 07:58...

I use them once or twice a week but little sniffs through the night but starting to turn blue at the slight sniff puts me is it just the cheap uk ones cause the other day I had to put make up on and that was a quick sniff in the morning never went ou for about 4 hours any ideas apart from the obvious do the other ones still turn u blue I sure it never used to happen many thanks to this site and the comments does help

codeblue said on Thu, 11 Feb 2016 at 03:24...

ya poppers make my oxygen levels low 80 even into the mid 70 and heartrate up to 110 i have copd so prob shouldnt be doing it but its addicting if you have them on hand they def arent like they used to be

codeblue said on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 at 19:09...

ok i have somewhat of a remedy use a paper towell and dab some poppers on that instead of hitting the bottle this seemed to work for me you can feel the stickiness of the liquid if it gets on fingers which isnt good for your lungs maybe the towell kind of filters it letting you get the good aroma without the excess chemicals..let me know if that helps any

kinghotz said on Thu, 5 May 2016 at 17:36...

This article just shows how dangerous poppers MIGHT be:

"A 25-year-old gay Atlanta man and adult entertainer was found dead inside a Midtown hotel room on Sept. 4, just days after sharing with friends that he lost his job and was suffering from seizures.

Chestnut was found about 6:30 a.m. holding a bottle of Black Max poppers, according to the incident report. A cause of death has not been determined pending the results of toxicology results, according to the Fulton County Medical Examiner. But police are not treating Chestnut's death as a homicide."

Never ever mix nitrites with other stuff to keep you upright guyz! Be safe.

JunkMale said on Wed, 18 May 2016 at 21:07...

I noticed my lips, fingers and face turn blue when taking poppers over the past few days. I've only been doing it for a few months. I do tend to really over do it as I love the buzz. Afterwards I feel slightly dizzy and my chest hurts. I really can't stop. From the posts I can't tell if this is dangerous or not. Some say stop, cut down or to get some fresh air or drink water...any medical peeps care to offer a diagnosis? Cheers JM

Shadow said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 09:15...

I huffed for almost two hours following the poppers training online. Man,the pleasure was so hot and intense that I did not want it to end. It was the most pleasurable and highest moment ever that I experienced which led to series of cum explosion uncontrollably for almost 20 seconds. Sounds fun and exciting?

There was a price to pay. Totally exhausted and drained from the 2 hours of intense pleasure. Went to the bathroom and was shocked to see my face and fingers turn blue. It was cyanosis (a bluish discoloration of the skin resulting from poor circulation or inadequate oxygenation of the blood). It scared the shit hell out of me when I looked like smurf as a result of overusing poppers. At that moment, I poured the poppers into the sink, never to touch it again and stayed awake for a few hours to see if my condition improves, else ready to go to the hospital. Thank God my skin turned back to normal. I went to bed when I felt better and hoped I would be alive to see the sunlight the next morning.

Lesson learnt. No matter small or large amount, stay away from chemical fun.

P.S.: There were moments of temporary erectile dysfunction also. It wasn't great at all to have those moment when you can't perform in front of your hot date.

Piotr said on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 at 22:36...

Concerning the central vision problems:
I overdosed on poppers on a party one night, my lips turned blue, which scared other people, and after my sanity came back I realised I had lost central vision;
This is however a message of reassurance, it lasted about 2 weeks. Back to completely normal now, around half a year afterwards. But that's just my personal experience, I was scared to death throughout the 2 weeks, not to mention when I had the cyanosis, so I would say never mix poppers with other substances so that you are sane enough to read your body's warning signs and not overdose

nopoppers said on Sun, 8 Jan 2017 at 11:23...

Hey guys,

I like most of the people here been overusing poppers! also like everyone here i would say it is stupid ! I also have eye problems in my left eye and been having blue lips and fingernails after using poppers! but now my main concern is my heart! been having increased heart beats even when I am laying down. Does anyone have more details on the damage to the heart!

Hardcore Huffer said on Thu, 2 Feb 2017 at 23:53...

I have been huffing poppers here in Australia for the best part of the last 20 years. Let me just say you get what you pay for. I have been enjoying long intense sessions of Jungle juice black label for the best part of that 20 years, I use a short straw and suck the fumes straight from the bottle into my mouth. I get blue lips but that fades very quickly and I have absolutely no vision problems. Maybe the occasional slight headache but that also fades very quickly. Any poppers is designed to raise your blood pressure and heart rate for a short while. Its original use was a medication for people with low blood pressure, rhythmic heart problems and for those prone to fainting.

Embay said on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 at 14:39...

Hi guys I think some people mentioned it before..but the blueness of nails/lips/face or even total body is an actual medical condition that can be dangerous. I work in a hospital and I've actually seen people brought in with a coma from this. Poppers can turn the normal hemoglobin in your blood into methemoglobin. Hemoglobin is responsible for oxygen carriage to the tissues, and when turned into methemoglobin this function is lost. The blueness people describe here is because the tissue lacks oxygen and becomes cyanotic. I would say in most cases it's not serious, but I just wanted to share this so that you are aware of what poppers can do, especially when used in combination with other stuff.

Mstrfil said on Sun, 23 Apr 2017 at 03:58...

You can treat the methemoglobinemia with vitamin c and riboflavin as well

Jimmy said on Fri, 12 May 2017 at 05:20...

This just happened to me for the first time ever and then I found this post.
been a heavy user for years, binge hard when I use and never have had blue lips and fingernails.
However, I used to always take 1000mg Vit-C before hand, and didn't this time. Also I didn't eat much all day.
I'm thinking, and this is just speculation, but the lack of materials in my blood and no Vit-C allowed the methemoglobin to build up.

Either that or there is some unexpected shit in my bottle.
I was using Original Tribal Juice.... not my usual, but thats what they sent me.

Jimmy said on Sat, 13 May 2017 at 07:18...

This is a follow up from the above post:
I got really fucked up using the same Tribal Juice brand 15mL poppers, but I ate well that day, and took vitamin C 20min before starting. I also had some beers. I went hard at it for about 2 hours.
Anyways, the result. Blue finger nails, blue lips and even a slightly blue face. Seems like food and Vit-C don't affect it, visually at least. And perhaps it is the brand and it contains some other chemical or a type of nitrite that causes this.
Physically I feel fine, I just look blue, but should go away after a few hours.
I have 3 more brands that I purchased and will be posting the results of these 'tests' here in the near future.
For context I am a scientist, an avid drug user, and poppers enthusiast, but health is important and identifying brands and or chemicals that cause problem this is also important.

Up to most new ideas said on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 at 07:50...

Found useing poppers very pervy & dirty feelings that made me very over excited, use daily now with no ill effects!

Up to most new ideas said on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 at 07:50...

Found useing poppers very pervy & dirty feelings that made me very over excited, use daily now with no ill effects!

Up to most new ideas said on Tue, 15 Aug 2017 at 06:04...

Can anyone help whilst huffing huge amounts in say a 8 hours session please? Any harm in doing this useing common sense?

Anamar said on Mon, 21 Aug 2017 at 02:25...

I used poppers after drinking wine and my lips turned dark blue and i see a yellow spot when i read sth, should i be worried? Will it go away?

Tommygun. said on Sun, 17 Sep 2017 at 06:32...

Had a session on poppers 1 eve round a gentalmans house, been drinking vodka,kept on sniffing ,got into the bedroom and fainted only for a split second but ended up on the floor.when I got up he told me I had gone blue,God only knows how I drove home that night my vision ad completely gone..very scary.

Turbodawg said on Sun, 24 Sep 2017 at 17:19...

One item that helps reverse the blue lips and hemoglobin problem is NAC ACETYL CYSTEINE. You can buy at a vitamin store. There are even studies showing it helps the eyes.

Thesiaa said on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 at 16:59...

Rather than looking just at the brand of poppers people should be looking at the chemical content.
Many modern formulations use Isopropyl Nitrite. It is well documented that this is much more likely to cause vision problems. Look for Amyl, Pentyl or Isobutyl.
Isopropyl also causes cyanosis in me with very little use. I can use 5 times more Amyl with less problem.

Sloppy Joe said on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 at 10:26...

had been using the cheap spark brand from local retailer, seem little effect, a small hit that would fade extremely fast, decided to try using some 3m brand dust mask.....pour a bit into mask, and and quickly put on mask...with great effectiveness.... and hands free

I just purchased Jungle Juice Platinum ...Online, I wanted to see just how different the low grade and high grade brands are....

Amazing..

the low grade stuff, has yellow, sluge/slime that stains the dust masks, has only a minute or so of sweet bliss and it seems to have evaporated and all thats left is depleted chemical smell

high grade, it pours out into mask crystal clear, right away you can sense this is pure power, it absorbs into mask with out any staining, and is creating huge amounts of fume.... once your apply mask, the effect is extremely fast, and does not fade, euforia like nothing else
it takes you so fast....its unbelievable

400% more extreme than low grade stuff

once removed, the effects will continue, can take 5-10 minutes to come down

not a long time user, or everyday thing... getting off with out using poppers is still fun, pleasureable,

my experances I have noticed slight blue coloring in nails.lips.bloodshot eyes..no vision losses, and some congestion/cough, mild headache afterwards

loadloader said on Fri, 10 Nov 2017 at 11:37...

I am a long time poppers user (+20 jrs) and have since 3 years problems with poppers. After use black spots in sight and blue face, fingers and feet. This is really scary, I have to stop using them!

Timetostop said on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 00:34...

After a session on leather cleaner. I found my self sitting for 5 minutes to compose. I wondered why the petrol station lady said do i not have a heater in my car. And when my girlfriend pointed out my lips and fingers were blue. This was 2 hours after my experience. This is new. I dont have great circulation. I am an addict. I get worse and worse. One extreme after another. Composing my self afterwards is getting longer. Sometimes i over do it during sex and have to stop. Iv tried poppers in past when i was younger. Bought a bottle a couple year ago for a laugh online. A look down memory lane. Found the orgasm alone or with partner was amazing and the feeling during fore play heightened. Found a website which sells em all. Poppersrus. Bought so many iv probably tried around 50. Found poppers strength doesnt last long. Leather cleaner is stronger. Lasts longer. Better value for money. I have three bottles left. And need to tone down taking them. Once they gone thats it. Turning blue. My hearts beating so fast. Am i going to have a heart attack. Turning yellow. Looking like iv abused something. I do have a blur in middle of right eye. Nothing major but a blur which made an eye test difficult. I put it down to old age 36. But reading these posts. Maybe its poppers. My girlfriend can say thats enough. I cant just keep going and going. Searching for stuff round house to get a buzz off. Petrol. Furniture polish. Turps. Glue. I turned blue. I googled my symptoms. I added id done it with leather cleaner. I found this page. Be safe folks. Kick it out ya life. And dont drink it with a straw or at all.

LUFC said on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 20:50...

I have been doing poppers (buzz) for 1 hour today and my lips and fingernails was blue. This is 3 hours later and they are still slightly blue.
This has never happened to me before using poppers so not sure if it is just the brand or what?
I have drank some water and had a walk 2 hours ago but it's still blue.

Orpheusads said on Mon, 26 Mar 2018 at 11:25...

I’ve been using poppers for a few years on and off, and started using Berlin XXX - and my lips and fingertips went blue PLUS I had distorted vision.
https://www.thepoppershop.co.uk/berlin-xxx-aroma.html
Never use these. Very dangerous.

I’m fine now!

Blindness said on Fri, 18 May 2018 at 17:40...

Just want to share that I am not a regular user. I bought the yellow bottle rush brand and used it on a off. Last week I have used a bit too much one afternoon just solo fun. The same day I started developing blurry vision. It’s been a week and my vision is very deteriorated. I can see clearly objects that are far, but anything close such as phone, laptop, reading it is so blurred I can’t reqd at all. I bought glasses in pharmacy otherwise I am unable to work. It’s all so embarrassing I really hope it goes away. To make it worse I also developed a feeling of numbness in my fingertips. I google it and it’s called paresthesia which can be very debilitating. Third day with it and still no signs of going away?

Did I damaged my health irreversibly?? I’m never touching this thing ever again!!

John said on Sat, 16 Jun 2018 at 11:30...

I think there should be government regulation on what formula the supplier are using.

There has been changes made to the formula recently popper simply completely turn me off now.

JoBlo said on Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 23:46...

Hi guys. I've been using poppers for about 15 years and a few years ago, my skin would end up really dry and would start peeling and this was mostly with Rush but then it would go away. Lately though, even though I haven't used Rush, I have noticed two large blue spots above my lips and under my nose. It's scary and pretty visible. First, I thought I was imagining it but when someone else pointed it out, I was alarmed and embarrassed! It basically looks like a burn but hasn't gone away in a couple of months. Reading through the posts above, I see other people complaining about other symptoms elsewhere on the body but no one seems to have had this issue. Anyone have any similar symptoms or have any suggestions on how to reverse the dark color that's now seemingly permanent and right above my lips and under my nostrils?

eye damage said on Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 23:32...

Cyclopentyl Nitrite is known to cause eye damage. its in the super rush

Riggs said on Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 22:54...

I had an extended session with Double Scorpion Gold and Scorpion Black. I used the sock method. I've used poppers over the years and have had transient Blue fingers. However, this last session was longer than I am about 3 hours of dildo-ing myself. The Blue tinge is not simply going away. I took my Blood Oxygen level... I have a blood-Ox monitor. I take it every day, several times a day because I am on ADHD drugs. It is always no lower than 95 and usually hovers around 98-100. it is holding steady now between 83-85. Man, that's low!!!! My eye-site is a bit fuzzy and my chest feels a bit heavy (breathing wise). I will NOT be doing this again. To be frank, I'm kind of freaked out. If I could stay home I'd be fine by the morning but I have to drive to pick up my dog in two hours. I hope I am a bit more normal by then cause right now... Heart rate is over 120 BPM. B/Ox is 84 and Blood Pressure 111/79... you might think that's great but when I am on adderall, it is 140/90. My normal reading when I wake up is 120/80 (within a few points). The sock method is too much. This is the first time I am having any concerns. Plus, I am sure that I bruised my prostate and hurt my asshole. On top of all this... I ejaculated a lot, many times but I had no orgasm and my dick was like a piece of rope. Time to take a long break.

Much safer Amyl Nitrite from FRANCE Only online said on Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 23:16...

Go to poppers-aromas.eu to get your Amyl (Brown large 24ml bottle with Black sticker and yellow Amyl text).

These are the real deal, none of this isopropyl shit that will have your eyesight fucked, cyanosis lips and finger nails and massive hangover headaches and tens of minutes of 'calm down' time.

Don't buy anything else. The risks are real with isopropyl, pentyl and hexyl nitrites. They can cause tachycardia and it can be fatal, along with the replacement of haemoglobin which results in the blood not being able to carry enough oxygen to organs.

Sudden death is a real issue with this nasty isopropyl Nitrite that is sold in the UK now. It is only legislation that has the manufacturers changing the formula. This has been going on for many years, more recently around 2007 where law makers outlawed isobutyl nitrite for retail sale and now manufacturers use isopropyl alcohol (tape head cleaner) to make isopropyl nitrite, a supposed analogue, because its cheap and the materials to make it are readily available. However, it is not a direct replacement, by any stretch of the imagination.

Stay away from Bears Own, English and all the other round bottles of shit you can buy over the counter at your local shop. They won't be anything like what you get with the Amyl brand I describe above and you could die from using that shit you can readily buy anywhere I the UK.

I have tested all these and risked my health so you don't have to.

Please don't damage your eyes, please don't get haemoglobin difficiancy related cyanosis, please don't tempt sudden death syndrome. Please never buy and use isopropyl nitrite in the UK.

Please please please buy from France online and only Amyl. You'll be glad you did.

Flush them said on Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 20:49...

A lot of posts on here talk about long sessions. I just had a relatively short session. Maybe 45mins, with only taking 5/6 huffs.

Felt super woozy after and had slight hearing impairment. My ears were ringing (this was not after a night out, or around any loud noises) and noticed my lips a dark purple/blue and my fingernails too. It subsided after about an hour, after drinking a couple of glasses of water and eating a big meal.

The poppers were the leather cleaner brand, bought in the UK. I’ve always enjoyed poppers, but recently it seems like the post wooziness has gotten much worse, I’ve also suffered erection problems - it generally doesn’t get super hard anymore (comparing it to the guy I was just with - he was rock solid).

After reading all the posts on here about vision loss, i’ve poured them all down the sink. It’s not worth it. I will be taking a break from porn, and dating apps too, as these are the triggers for me.

Take care guys. You’re long term health, and vision is far more important than a chemical fuelled orgasm.

SDL said on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 20:10...

I seldom use poppers either to masturbate or have sex. Today, after a 4th sniff on Amsterdam alone, i felt really sick, my heart was pounding very fast. I turned completely blue: toes, fingers, penis, nose, eyes. GAME OVER! I dumped it in the drain wont ever sniff again.

Gus said on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 16:39...

I just had a short solo session with poppers (Ultimate) and when I went to the bathroom I realized my lips were purple/blue. It never happened to me before as long as I’m aware and I’ve been using this same brand for almost 2 years now. It’s important to note that I have had longer sessions than this one and I was completely fine.

It’s been like an hour and my lips are slightly better, but still a little dark. Also when I finished the session I experienced some hearing impairment.

I’m drinking a lot of water, just had some vitamin C and also drinking some orange juice to see if it helps getting back to normal quickly. I’m going for a walk shortly.

I’ll come back with updates!

Gus said on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 22:53...

Hey, just a quick update: I actually got better before I went out for a walk. I’m taking a break from poppers. It was really scary.

bunny said on Sat, 12 Sep 2020 at 11:59...

ah who cares. a good old lungful of hardcore xxx-strength before taking a nice winkydink up my bippityboppityboo. Cant beat it. Go on ;-)

sinthia said on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 03:13...

i started doing poppers seriously a year ago. i haven't had a mirror until recently, and just noticed my lips were blue. huffing liquid gold (isopropyl nitrite) that i bought in bulk. when i first started i would get mad visuals while watching hypno porn and get really confused, was amazing. but i built a tollerance quite quickly. i still get something, which means i keep going back to dead bottles when i know they're only good for the first huff. i have a persistent cough anyway, but i realised after a few months that the poppers were irritating and making my cough much worse. still hit them though, so be warned, they're addictive. bought some import "dutch recipe" which apparently doesn't have the isopropyl (which is probably the thing getting me high, although i don't know) and i didn't get the dizzy euphoria i crave, but i hadn't had a decent break since my last hit . only tried it once. went back to a fresh bottle of liquid gold and got the hit. but it wasn't the hit i used to get. diminishing returns. stay safe x (also add me up on hypnotube if you're into that - 'sinthia' x

Scottishguy said on Sat, 14 Nov 2020 at 09:38...

Question,

I have been doing poppers when master baiting and exploring , however I’m starting to get these really bad headaches , dizziness!
It’s like pressurised , I’m not doing poppers everyday , but this has been a longitudinal and it don’t seem to be going away !?

Popper newb said on Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 09:08...

When I was younger at a party I tried poppers and enjoyed them. So recently I got a couple of bottles to try, rush and some glow stuff. I 3d printed a screw top inhalator as sniffing the bottle wasn't giving me much of a hit.
With the inhalator it's intense! And it loosened me up really well.
However I went a bit too far squatting on my dildos and as others have said I turned a bit blue. Looked like a zombie!

No issues with eyesight but had a monster headache and really dry throat.

I really enjoyed the high tho and will be more careful next session!

Islander said on Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 05:04...

I notice when it's colder in winter months my fingers tend to go numb when I'm using poppers for a few minutes. Need to run them under hot water to warm them up and then they're fine again.

The finger numbness now seems to happen even when I'm not using poppers when it's cold outside though. I have to wear gloves or my fingers go numb if the temp drops below even 5 degrees celsius. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm not sure if this numbness is as a direct result of the poppers or an underlying condition but looking it up it seems to be similar to Raynaud's disease. Not sure if I'm glad that this side effect of poppers is mentioned here or not, but the alternative being Raynaud's could mean pending multiple sclerosis...

Intermediate said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 13:12...

Had a 45 session with Amsterdam platinum yesterday. 6 deep huffs and held my breathe. I had gaps in between. When I went to take a shower my lips and tongue was blue. Definitely going to pay close attention to the ingredients. I have a few unopened bottles from other brands. This was the first time I noticed that I turned blue after a session

ER said on Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 00:49...

Same experience. Been a regular user for years. Now blue lips after only a few huffs. Time to take a break I think.

Biscuit said on Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 15:55...

From all the comments on this thread I am picking up that it is the isobutyl poppers that are the culprit here. Is my understanding correct that the Amyl ones are safer?

Doctor said on Fri, 19 Mar 2021 at 19:10...

As a doctor , I realised the dangers of huffing after i noticed visual changes which initially i thought was due to tirednes but it continued for weeks even now i feel bluriness with bright lights like watching tele. I never had difficulty reading subtitles but now its an effort. It happened after a brand i used for first time caled English. I used different brands afterwards n noticed acute problems with eyesight and blueness / cyanosis of lips n nails. I’d advice to give up completely, they can be really dangerous. I have quit

Simon sez said on Sun, 30 May 2021 at 12:02...

I used to use poppers when I had taken lsd for a turbo charged buzz then invented a poppers bong where u get a small plastic milk bottle empty it out and dump a bottle of poppers into it then sniff away however the buzz was amazing made my legs turn to jelly listening to queen I got rushed to a and e on 2 occasions so has made me weary of repeating even normal poppers out of a bottle

JD said on Tue, 24 May 2022 at 03:55...

Got my first bottle, never used them in a longer dildo session until tonight. Took two toys in the bath with me and was doing some depth training for about 2 hours. I noticed mid-session that I:
1. Couldn't see myself very well in the mirror across the room, and
2. My face/lip color didn't look great

Now, about 2 hours later, my vision is normal, but my lips & gums are still a bit more purple than they normally are. My poppers are Jungle Juice, and they list isopropyl as the dispersing agent (95%).

Definitely going to be wary of this going forward

LovesickJ said on Tue, 14 Nov 2023 at 06:05...

Just had a solid 2 hour session trying to get some depth play using Rush right after orgasm and huffing my ears started ringing my vision became very dull felt like I was shell shocked lips are currently blue that’s how I found this page. Please be wary, moving forward I’ll step away from poppers and just ether stop depth play or just find a newer safer way to play.

Padraig said on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 at 23:24...

I engaged in a long solo session recently with my new prostate massager. I admit I was hitting poppers pretty hard. I achieved a powerful hands-free orgasm but the price was I felt light-headed for the next couple of hours. When I cleaned up and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I was shocked that I was pale and my lips and gums were purple. My finger tips were also slightly purplish. Also I had taken on this peculiar facial bloated appearance.I totally freaked. My vision was slightly blurry in the center but that also cleared up after a couple of hours. Fortunately, after 3 hours it totally went away. I drank a whole bunch of water and went for a walk which I think helped. I think my relationship with poppers has come to an end. I was using Jungle Juice black label.

Makepai said on Thu, 1 Feb 2024 at 14:01...

I have used it a few times and I have good feelings. At the same time, I've taken Cialis, which doesn't really go well with poor people. The last time my lips turned blue and I freaked out. Now I'm wondering if that Cialis causes blueing more easily or is it only dangerous together with poppers because it can lower the blood pressure too low.

Ringo said on Sat, 24 Feb 2024 at 01:34...

Been using poppers for years 20 + and have just started to get blue lips for the past couple of weeks before that I was getting a burning sensation of the lips normally after the bottle was half full...this was happening for a couple of months before the blue lips. Other than that no other problems

PopRo said on Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 07:34...

Thank you all for your input. Realizing that eye problems are from the Pops and not from staying in front of the computer was life changing for me. I started to have these problems and went to two different doctors. Both said that I read good, but I still had problems in lightning places.

I am glad that I saw lots of people here quitting for good. Or at least quitting the exaggerated huffing.

I have quit poppers and will not return.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.