Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Gay village?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by PJ
on Wed, 30 Oct 2013 at 07:29

PJ said on Wed, 30 Oct 2013 at 07:29...

This struck me as very bizarre:

"The developer of a gay village aimed at British over-50s in France says he’s surprised to have had more interest from French and American buyers so far "

An off-plan development that is being marketed at the gay/ lesbian community. I have no idea why but I find the idea deeply unsettling. Do you know what I mean? Assimilation is the goal and this seems to be the opposite direction.

Maureen said on Wed, 30 Oct 2013 at 14:25...

Old folks like having similar sorts around them when they retire. Sounds nice/ if they have room for my caravan I wouldn't mind dropping anchor there (its called Salleres-d'Aude)

Solomon said on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 at 12:39...

Nothing new under the sun. These places exist already stateside and they are not ghettos as you imply. Personally I would find living in such a twee environment unattractive, but hey different strokes for different folks. Key West, yeah! this kind of scene, no thanks.

Tosser del Mar said on Mon, 4 Nov 2013 at 10:59...

"on-site amenities including tennis courts, pools, a gymnasium, saunas, and entertainment and cultural programmes"

LOL....drag queens and videos of Stephen Fry? Well must be better than this spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8Dg4nW7lU

Solomon said on Tue, 5 Nov 2013 at 20:13...

Reminded me of the dated and politically incorrect gags of yesteryear. BUT I have just seen..."some acts of male homosexuality remain a criminal offence" on Manx Island. Oh! So it was a piece of cutting edge satire? Weird stuff...I recall that you can get hanged for saying "ship ahoy" in some nutty islands.

equestrian mistress said on Wed, 6 Nov 2013 at 17:36...

which one i wonder, didn't know this but Ireland was traditionally biased...

Solomon said on Thu, 7 Nov 2013 at 22:23...

I suppose it is an invitation to use the "tradesman's entrance" ...round the back if you please. How the hell can the mad men of Manx be allowed to do that in this day and age? The wiki article is not clear and cites no refs but I guess it is so. I recall seeing a documentary about boozers on that island and it was pretty ugly...like a sink estate.

iPop said on Fri, 8 Nov 2013 at 11:53...

Incorrect assumption, legal since 1992.

Maureen said on Fri, 8 Nov 2013 at 19:00...

One of the attractions of the Isle of Man - apart from extreme cases of wind - was The Museum of Witchcraft.

PJ said on Wed, 13 Nov 2013 at 15:31...

eh? you mean for kite flying or something I suppose!

Maureen said on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 at 12:41...

You can take it any way you choose, my luv. That is your right you know. Mr Danby, who used to rent a bedsit from Mrs Harris in Tooting Bec, now he was from the Isle of Man. Nasty bit of work...he left (summer 1967) without paying his dues and pinched her china poodle off the mantlepiece.

The emblem of the Isle of Man tells a tale, three legs. Now what has three legs?

Solomon said on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 at 09:27...

I wonder where this is going.....

equestrian mistress said on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 at 21:42...

Another rude joke on the boil I see!

Maureen said on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 at 19:03...

They made stools, the Manxian tribes that is. Legend has it that they inhabited misty damp valleys in what some people now call Wales. Because of their bad temperament (spitting, and accosting travelers with bawdy dances) the puritanical Welsh drove them out. They landed on what was described by a 7th century monk as "a cadaver that lyeth on ye sea in putrescence" now called Douglas. In those years they refused to sell their three legged stools to Welsh merchants and dealt only with the Irish. Some say that is why there are so many bar stool professors in Ireland today.

equestrian mistress said on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 at 09:36...

>what some people now call Wales

you call it Cymru I suppose...

Maureen said on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 at 17:54...

Deheubarth, Gwynedd, Morgannwg, and Powys. It depends on which bit you know, love.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.