Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Price hike

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by RedRover
on Sat, 7 Sep 2013 at 17:59

RedRover said on Sat, 7 Sep 2013 at 17:59...

what is the reason poppers are selling at $15? in a store some dumbass told me it is because they sell out!

Perks said on Sun, 8 Sep 2013 at 22:05...

Maybe there is a shortage.Perhaps if you read the thread called shortage? just a thought....

The Rush Hour said on Sun, 8 Sep 2013 at 23:07...

Oh there is a shortage? : - )

The Rush Hour said on Mon, 9 Sep 2013 at 04:13...

Seems a lot online people are trying to milk this for all its worth. It's amazing just how dubious some of these online retailers are. The stuff they put on their sites are enough to make you go LOL!!!!

Alan said on Mon, 9 Sep 2013 at 16:08...

I heard its because certain chemicals were banned now and rush and jungle juice went out of business

Solomon said on Mon, 9 Sep 2013 at 17:31...

Where did you hear that, Alan?

Hayle Stone said on Tue, 10 Sep 2013 at 15:21...

Probably from this long haired dude at the local bar...I hear Martians have landed on Fire Island.

The Rush Hour said on Tue, 10 Sep 2013 at 16:31...

From this one guy who used to clean toilets on Harding Street in Indianapolis. Not making light of you Alan your just the messenger!

Boy Wonder said on Tue, 10 Sep 2013 at 19:39...

A long-haired man hanging out in the toilets....are you certain he was working there? Just askin....;-)

Why is it dubious to put prices up when there is more demand than supply? Makes the world go round mate :-)

The Rush Hour said on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 at 00:49...

The dubious part had nothing to do with prices but other things they do. Most people I guess just aren't that observant to what they are doing. I could spell it out for you but watch some of these sites to get your answer.

Now back to prices as I said in another post if you can find people to pay it eh! There's hardly a true shortage(yet and hard to say there will be really) and I am not convinced there isn't enough supply to get through this latest round of bullshit, just have to look around a bit. I mean if you want to pay $15-20 a bottle veruses $8-12 that is the buyers choice, so your right that is on the people buying. Not very bright but what ever right? And yes some of these site are truly milking the "shortage" for all it's worth. Hopefully in another 6-8 weeks it will be over anyways.

Solomon said on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 at 15:34...

>dubious part

That is a tease! I cannot see what you mean at all. Can you give us a hint at least?

The Rush Hour said on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 at 21:06...

Well just some of their marketing tactics and things they tell ya on their sites. I guess it's not just with these products I suppose but yeah. I am not going to get into a name and shame. Long as everyone is happy with where they shop at it's all good. Choices are always good and so is competition and some times bigger isn't always better.

Just remember only 1000 bottles left! Someone who cleaned toilets on harding street told me that!

Solomon said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 14:47...

The point about milking shortages is not only about free market dynamics. There were people called spivs (such a lovely word) who sell at very high prices when there are shortages. I am interested to see how the price hike is justified.

ozzy said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 19:12...

i was buying maximum impact they have zero!! you guyz are saying that soon there will be zero poppers? what is goiung on/

The Rush Hour said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 20:41...

Ozzy read the thread title Shortage? Pretty much wraps it up I think.

The Rush Hour said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 20:47...

Solomon I think you see the light now. As I say its many things I find dubious. Oh well as I stated I strongly suggest looking around before paying up to $23 for a bottle at some retailers. All the US sites are selling the exact same product for the most part. Why would you pay up to $10-15 more for the same product? BTW I heard were down to 998 bottles now!

The Rush Hour said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 21:03...

I just scoured around the net here's lots of retailers selling Rush for less than $10 and some as low as $7.xx so why would anyone play $15 or more??? Please explain I am very curious. Let's say you buy 10 bottles you paying $75 more just because you always bought there? Well if it's working for you who am I to say any different I guess.

Solomon said on Fri, 13 Sep 2013 at 13:07...

I have also been scouring, like our friend in the Harding Street latrine. With my cynical eyes though, not a brush :-) I have not spotted the $23 bottle. What I have seen is a lot of very wild and indiscreet talk by huffers (also to become angry or resentful, bluster) That is all quite incredible. The next thing that one notices is the rise of the bath tub groups. When the regulatory octopus starts to put it's tentacles around the throat of legitimate enterprise the black market thrives. So, we not only have the spiv but also the bootlegger. This is what happens with these ill considered actions. As THR has mentioned elsewhere poppers will not go away, so now is the time of profiteering for the unscrupulous. The shorter this time lasts, the better. There is one PWD or two? I strongly suspect this is another load of horse crap peddled by the huffers, but this has been suggested. The whole picture is confusing and messy and is crying out for informed clarity.

Tosser del Mar said on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 at 06:52...

According to some geezer who googled it there are two...one is naughty and the other one is nice. This geezer is a regular Sherlock! maybe he knows the toilet guy? " another load of horse crap" errrrrr yes.

>why would anyone play $15 or more??? Please explain I am very curious

'cus they got a panic email saying that it is last chance

The Rush Hour said on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 at 19:48...

Sorry the $23 was for 30 ML my bad!

The Rush Hour said on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 at 19:54...

OK now back to being dubious. I notice one of the "big sellers" let their inventory run real low, jack the price up, them mysteriously they come into a whole bunch of "new" product. Odd how that works isn't it?

The Rush Hour said on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 at 20:00...

My guess we would need another 6-8 weeks to be in any real danger of not finding a viable solution. Maybe even 12? I do "know" some people who cleaned toilets on Harding Street and they said initially would be about 3 months which would put us late October early November for a "new" product to be marketed as July 24th the word was released productioni was being halted.

Solomon said on Mon, 16 Sep 2013 at 09:30...

My question would be: where did this "new" product come from? You really think they were holding onto a reserve to see how the price hike went? It is like a poppers OPEC!

My curiosity has lead me to various hang outs online (leathery dungeon type places) and I have been twice offered (by PM) "real poppers" after striking up conversation. Garbage no doubt!

The Rush Hour said on Mon, 16 Sep 2013 at 22:19...

Could be it came from their very own store room. Letting it run down making it looking it look like they almost out when in fact they're not cause most people who ordered are going to go back and see. Plus I think most just dont pay attention that close. They could be buying out other shops but my guess is the first is more accurate.

Solomon said on Thu, 19 Sep 2013 at 23:23...

Looks like THR has hit the nail on the head!

The Rush Hour said on Fri, 20 Sep 2013 at 04:19...

Seen Rush Original as low as $6.75. I also seen sites now have RO as high at $17? WTF? Are people really that loyal to a site to pay $17 when you can find it for under $7-10? Wow I am amazed to say the least.

10 bottles @ $17 = $170
10 bottles @ $7 = $70

$100 difference!!!

Maybe I will take the time to do a price comparison of a few sites to show what a huge difference there really is if I get bored enough.

Solomon said on Sat, 21 Sep 2013 at 12:52...

If one receives an email from X saying that the Man in the Moon is about to start urinating on everyone's head...and offering the chance to buy one of only a few remaining umbrellas at X...the instinct will be to buy :-) To hell with the price eh? That is the thinking I suppose. When boredom does seize you lets see the comparison.

atxhung said on Sun, 22 Sep 2013 at 19:13...

The only shop that has poppers in Austin is almost out of their entire inventory, with what's left marked up 100-200%. They said it's due to enforcement of some law, and that likely a new formula would come out in the coming months, but what's out there now is it for the rush and similar labels. Just what the retailer said a couple days ago.

The Rush Hour said on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 at 23:52...

Yes that would be correct atxhung on the enforcement of a law and the retailers did this to themselves imo. Far as a new formular I have seen no reason for a formular change as the laws on the CPSC have not changed. I have heard this several times though from people who cleaned toilets on Harding Street. The Akyl Nitrite laws are all on the CPSC website. If the law has been changed or amended surely there would be infomation on such activities? If someone has infomation contrary feel free to share. Now new brands - labels could be another story as the current brands - labels are synonymous with with the banned use of the Akyl Nitrites.

https://www.cpsc.gov//PageFiles/111500/regsumbutylnitrite.pdf

Dan said on Thu, 3 Oct 2013 at 07:59...

Anyone check out world-aromas.com ?

Its the cheapest poppers on line BEST of all it offered free UK and world wide shipping regardless of how many you buy from them.

BUT are their poppers real and good ?

Marshall said on Sat, 5 Oct 2013 at 20:09...

Thank you, Dan <sigh> Back to the subject: any news on what's happening?

The Rush Hour said on Tue, 8 Oct 2013 at 05:52...

Not yet far as I know. Haven't talked to the Harding Street employee in a while. lol

Prices said on Wed, 5 Mar 2014 at 06:16...

Prices for big bottles going for $30-$40 bucks at local shop. I wouldn't mind if it was good stuff but it's usually crap.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.