Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

amyl nitrite could have saved Poirot

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Miss Mint Julep
on Sat, 31 Aug 2013 at 16:10

Miss Mint Julep said on Sat, 31 Aug 2013 at 16:10...

Bet you didn't know this...in Curtain Poirot's Last Case (1975) he had put his "ampoules" of amyl out of reach and so couldn't administer> Funny by 1975 poppers were all the rave....

PJ said on Sun, 1 Sep 2013 at 08:59...

I shouldn't think that Agatha was suggesting Hercule was a disco bunny :-) She may have written the novel in 1975, but when was it set?

Solomon said on Tue, 3 Sep 2013 at 08:43...

Written: 1940s - she locked it away in a bank vault (true) The key was stolen by a mysterious oriental lady on a train and then Colonel Codswallop found it in his truss at a house party (fiction) Amyl nitrite was obviously still a medicine in WW2.

equestrian mistress said on Wed, 4 Sep 2013 at 10:42...

There will be a new Poirot out soon....the heirs of Agatha have given the green light for another author to write again...she says:

"Agatha Christie is the greatest crime writer of all time"

\i guess she will set it before he misplaced his poppers! Hooray! More David Suchet camping it up at tea time ;-) Oooh mon ami! ou est le nitrite d'amyl Hastings?

Solomon said on Fri, 13 Sep 2013 at 13:32...

I wonder if Christie saw her detective as camp.....I know what you mean though.

"Recent series of Marple may have gone for some embarrassingly ill-advised modernity by throwing in a few lesbians and suggesting that Miss Marple herself was once a bit of a goer"

lol

PJ said on Sun, 15 Sep 2013 at 12:09...

Don't watch it but I bet they were a couple of old blue stocking spinsters. Where is this quote from? Marple would be from the 1920 era? when she was in her prime??? Quite a wild time, plenty of Sappho types about as well. That remark "ill-advised modernity" is bullshot of course...of the time.

iPop said on Sat, 28 Sep 2013 at 08:23...

Missy Marple would be shocked when she finds what is going on in the village hall...or maybe not according to the expert's expert Prof PJ!

Trumpington Village Hall 2013: ‘relationship counselling’ session, on the menu are:

‘how to truly get a bottom’s attention with canes’
‘a place to explore, teach, share and learn about rope’.

"One elderly lady, wearing a skirt and canary-yellow blouse, summed up the mood of the older generation of Trumpington. ‘I do think it’s rather inappropriate,’ she sniffed.

lol

King of All Hobbies said on Sun, 6 Oct 2013 at 06:39...

Captain Mainwairing would be horrified! In the new blurb about it there is mention about NOT turning up dressed for the session lol Imagine sitting down for your tea in Honeysuckle Cottage and seeing the servants (slaves) being led across the village green by a lady in leather carrying a horse whip!
Tally ho!!

iPop said on Sat, 12 Oct 2013 at 10:55...

Esher Claygate, Oxshot, Weybridge and Cobham, are among the most popular places in the country for ‘dogging’

Saturday dinner table:

Divine coq au vin avec pommes puree! Deeelish! I'm full. I'm just taking the dog out for a walk, darling.

We don't have a dog...Oh yes I see, haha.. don't forget to take a prophylactic.

No need I'll just eye ball that couple in purple Ford Capri and fiddle with the old gear stick.

Maureen said on Sun, 13 Oct 2013 at 09:08...

I hope he wears gloves. Can get very chilly at night out on the moors fiddling with gear sticks.

PJ said on Wed, 16 Oct 2013 at 11:35...

Not so funny if you are really walking a dog....they leave things...yuk!!! Also if you are a handsome fella it can be quite intimidating...I imagine.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.