Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Getting the sack on TV

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by PJ
on Mon, 19 Aug 2013 at 19:29

PJ said on Mon, 19 Aug 2013 at 19:29...

What do you think it takes to get the sack from a TV show?

1. Dress up in a daft mask and saying shocking stuff on a video
2. Stage a $350 a head dinner and punch one of your guests "'at least five times in the face" (The Sun)

Tarquin said on Tue, 20 Aug 2013 at 10:20...

Is this about Clarissa? Miss Dickson-Wright has a frightful temper on her so I heard. Perhaps they had it coming...did they criticise her terrine? That Rosemary Schrager looks a bit feisty as well....wouldn't want to get into fisticuffs with her.

iPop said on Tue, 20 Aug 2013 at 13:34...

Tsch! "saying stuff" is one way of putting it! This is about Chris Fountain and Gregg Wallace. Chris got sacked from Coronation Street....one of your fave shows, PJ??

PJ said on Tue, 20 Aug 2013 at 15:32...

The only thing I watched recently was Caligula with Mary Beard. What is your point anyway, troll?

iPop said on Wed, 21 Aug 2013 at 14:04...

Fountain didn't just "say stuff"!!!!! as The Phantom he used hip hop to express sick thoughts about sticking needles in people, rape, and abuse of women. He got the sack....and what should he get.. a medal ??

Maureen said on Wed, 21 Aug 2013 at 16:38...

I agree with everything that has been said so far. Everyone has a special gift don't they! I am sure that hunky Tommy Duckworth has a huge endowment of talents waiting to be discovered.

Surely he meant no harm when he sang that naughty little song of his. The lyrics about plunging hypodermic needles in ones face and forcing himself on young ladies on their birthday? He is the Noel Coward of our generation! Will he be bringing out a charity CD for Christmas?

Luv to all!

PJ said on Thu, 22 Aug 2013 at 11:36...

What was Chris Fountain profession again? Actor wasn't it....he explains:

"The lyrics that appeared online were influenced by a style of hiphop that I was experimenting with at a private freestyle session and blurted out in a moment of madness."

What does he have to apologise about? He didn't give an interview to Hello and say that rape and stabbing people with needles were his pastimes. The Phantom (daft rather than sinister?) persona was not him speaking!

Contrast with Wallace. "I did what any bloke would do" Errr...no. Just a testosterone fueled ape with an inferiority complex.

equestrian mistress said on Thu, 22 Aug 2013 at 14:02...

Some geezer from the veggie stall with a big gob. Tommy should not have said that stuff though, PJ -- he was in a position of responsibility as regards his image. Corrie actors are role models for some :-(

Solomon said on Fri, 23 Aug 2013 at 08:06...

I like that guy Richard Corrigan; he should be on Masterchef and not Greg Wallace. Greg's chicken kiev based retro theme restaurants are not getting good reviews. Maybe that is why he gets girlfriends from twitter and punch journalists?

Maureen said on Sat, 24 Aug 2013 at 14:27...

"BBC bosses are reportedly furious about the fact that one of their biggest stars has behaved in such a manner"

I should say. A big name like him! He's the Diana Dors of vegetables. There was a geezer from down Deptford way, name of Ernie, he used to like getting liquored up and giving it a bit of that. One day he took a fancy to this barmaid called Lil. Anyway Lil had a husband and he was none too pleased. I can't remember what happened but I saw Ernie the other day in Tesco buying some sprouts. Just goes to show! Like that greek lad whose wings melted....here today and sprouts tomorrow. Luv you lots x

Tosser del Mar said on Sun, 25 Aug 2013 at 17:28...

I blame Simon Cowell.

equestrian mistress said on Mon, 26 Aug 2013 at 10:08...

Gregg Wallace is the "Diana Dors of vegetables"! What a load of old turnips!
It looks like he may get the boot....he'll be back down the market before you know it....

Maureen said on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 at 13:02...

Yes luv. I hope he can do me a good price on a savoy cabbage, I like a bit of cabbage with me gammon on a Thursday. As for D.Dors I suppose you don't understand the Romany way of talking being a country person. She was a common bit of stuff now weren't she? All fur coat and no knickers by the look of her! The old frizzy haired whatsit was what my boy calls a "drama queen" Going off into hissy fits and what have ya. Poncing about in a Rolls Royce pouting at everyone. Mind you she never flashed her tats like what Wallace sometimes does. If she had any she kept em to herself and that's only proper. Still she was right up herself. My friend Doris, Dolly we called her, saw up her once up West and said she gave her a right snooty look. Mind you Dolly was a lady who liked her meths and was none to familiar with the bathhouse. So now I hope you can see, luv. It's not your fault you weren't brought up to know the old way of speaking. I give lessons you know, good value too with tea and biscuits complimentary after the second lesson.

PJ said on Thu, 29 Aug 2013 at 18:51...

Wallace's mater (aka Ma Wallace) has stepped in now:

“I’m sorry that it has given a lot of jealous and judgmental people a reason to pillory him."

“Are we meant to believe that a totally blameless man was attacked for no reason, but refuses to involve the police? Something whiffs here.”

Source:Mirror

Lovely.

Marshall said on Sat, 31 Aug 2013 at 15:51...

Diana Dors always makes me think of Divine :-)

Real Rush said on Fri, 6 Sep 2013 at 10:33...

This is a poppers forum or what? WTF is this about?

Bonbec said on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 at 09:13...

Boring rubbish about UK telly! and it looks to me like one or 2 of you have been on the drink!

Maureen said on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 at 16:59...

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, luv. There used to be an old lady of my acquaintance who drank gin from a tea pot. The tricks they get up to! As I told Mrs Harris, who can vouch for it all, I said to her the wicked ways of the drunkard are the path to Hell.

King of All Hobbies said on Thu, 10 Oct 2013 at 07:23...

What is class? that nebulous and fleeting nymph, class is like a butterfly, as soft and gentle as a sigh, the multi coloured moods are like its stain wings.

How do we define it? Perhaps we should should start by showing that which it is not, i.e it's direct opposite.

PuzzleMaster said on Sat, 26 Oct 2013 at 15:40...

Debbie McGee has got class written all over her. Paul Daniels is up to his old tricks. Whining about the fact that he isn't in the limelight anymore.

"how innovative we were when we made the Paul Daniels Magic Shows, extending boundaries and always pushing ourselves" puffs the old wind bag.

"I could write reams on the presentations, the direction, and so on, but I am afraid that I would be accused of bitterness, jealousy, and the like." Surely not? After all the great Paul Daniels is renowned for his balanced and erudite opinions about most subjects whether it be genetics, the homeless, or other performers.

"To those who have asked what I am up to this year, I really have not decided what to do"

I wonder if anyone has any ideas what Paul might do in future? Here's a puzzle from Wizbit:

Two words, first word begins with a F and rhymes with luck - second word beings with a O and rhymes with cough

F_ _ _ O _ _

PuzzleMaster said on Sat, 26 Oct 2013 at 15:45...

PS. Just like Damian in the Omen (the anti-Christ) good taste/ class/ breeding must have an opposite personification:

my money is on Scary Spice (Mel B) or Chris Eubank maybe?

Maureen said on Sun, 27 Oct 2013 at 15:06...

Paul Daniels used to own Mother Shipton's Cave and The Petrifying Well you know. I have never visited the attraction, but this is a remark from TripAdvisor: "There was no where to shelt when it started to rain and no tea room dispite it being sign posted, so people are sent in circles looking for it"

The lady has been bewitched, speaking in tongues "shelt" "dispite" (both medieval incantations to summon Jezzulartus) the ritual is performed by walking round in circles! Jezzulartus is a spirit that manifests itself as a talking beard and will predict lottery numbers, but will also spoil possets and cause Heather to bloom.

PJ said on Mon, 28 Oct 2013 at 12:31...

Ho ho..does Jezzulartus have any tips for football?

Maureen said on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 at 21:52...

There was a talking parrot in Norwich that gave tips for race goers. The beard spirits should be listened to but not questioned, they utter numbers.

Trots said on Thu, 7 Nov 2013 at 15:12...

Can't abide The Hairy Bikers....crap accents, crap aunty style cooking, and so fooking full of themselves. Paul Daniels has had his share of misery in life, don't like him? and????? he is a serious grafter...he works like crazy. What this bollox about talking beards is about...dunno and don't care.

Maureen said on Fri, 8 Nov 2013 at 18:48...

Never you mind, dear. Trots is something you suffer from? Stay away from Glaswegian fry ups is my advice.

Vegan said on Sun, 29 Apr 2018 at 14:36...

Masterchef is dire! That Aussie guy is full of hot air - see recent beef redang scandal. Wallace is a former veggie guy from some market with an interest in pies and puds. It is all about promoting the brand "Masterchef" - using the tabloid themes of personal drama and fake tension. Very little to do with food - you learn nothing. Very down market now, used to be good with Lloyd Grossman.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.