Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

different strengths

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by popperman
on Mon, 24 Jun 2013 at 23:33

popperman said on Mon, 24 Jun 2013 at 23:33...

if poppers are made by mixing specific ingredients together then how are they not all the same 95% or so purity and same strength

ive seen in china where they sell stuff they say is 20% and 40% they wont give me an answer of what they are doing

anyway it doesnt make any sence to me since you have to add specific ingredients together - how do they not all end up the same strength.

Marshall said on Tue, 25 Jun 2013 at 12:03...

That is a good question! Where have you seen poppers with 20-40% strength? Sounds very unusual. Do you have a link please?

PJ said on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 at 10:30...

Poppers are made by a chemical process, I do not think that "mixing specific ingredients together" quite covers it! Aint' like Jamie Oliver mixing up a cake! I am no expert on this matter but I have heard that the skill of the chemist in the manufacturing process is important. I also heard (yey! rumors) that some formulas can be made from a by-product of another manufacturing procedure and they are a load of crap.

"to add specific ingredients together - how do they not all end up the same strength"

What about the quality and purity of those original ingredients though.

iPop said on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 at 19:24...

"I am no expert on this matter"

You should use that as a tag line. Perhaps someone can say how they are made...

Denzil Dexter said on Thu, 27 Jun 2013 at 06:33...

alcohol (not rubbing please) + NaNO2 sodium nitrite + acid. Sometimes butylated linseed oil as hygroscopic stabilizer (urgh!)

isobutyl alcohol is agitated - adding de-ionized water at 10% weight - bring to to 10°C - now add sodium nitrite - now SLOWLY hydrochloric acid is added stir for ten minutes then allow to stand stand for 30 - it will separate - add sodium bicarbonate + de-ionized H20 - stirs add calcium chloride. Those balls are alumina pellets I think.

Could be cool if Jamie Oliver had a show featuring poppers. Anyway you can't make it in a bathtub :-) so don't try.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.