Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

poppers in checked luggage

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Ben U.
on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 03:39

Ben U. said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 03:39...

does anyone know if you can put poppers in checked luggage for international flights?

Hayle Stone said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 07:31...

If you fancy explaining what they are and how they work to some grumpy early morning security dude. Like "What are poppers?" ...."they are a liquid aroma and a leather cleaner, and video head cleaner stuff, oh they are also nail polish removing liquid. Oh, and I use them when I get my boyfriend to $%^& me." You get the same when you arrive I guess. No way, man. You can find poppers in most places if you look hard enough. For added drama make sure you choose a brand like Blue Boy. Life is too full of hassles already!

Anonymous said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 09:42...

>>"find poppers in most places if you look hard enough"

Sure. If you follow a rainbow then you might find a buried chest of Liquid Gold.

Popper said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 11:25...

Sure! Why not? Unless you're flying Cape Air from Provincetown, MA USA. there is a sign there specifically saying "NO POPPERS ON BOARD!" Not sure why but they must have had suitcases full.

Marshall said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 14:07...

The answer to Ben U's question is NO! Sarcasm (although rather amusing) is sometimes not always understood.

PJ said on Fri, 3 May 2013 at 23:08...

I took my old friend Cuthbert up the Cairngorms last week. Do you think we could find any poppers in Aviemore! No we could not. What a disgrace. It ruined our trip frankly. Stuff the scenery and all that natural beauty jazz...what we really wanted was a little amber bottle up the hooter. Oh, and it rained too :-(

equestrian mistress said on Sat, 4 May 2013 at 07:14...

lol seriously though you should never put poppers in airline luggage IMHO - that is just common sense.

How did Cuthbert like being taken up the Cairngorms, PJ? What a Carry On ;-)

antipasto said on Tue, 7 May 2013 at 05:47...

Ho ho ho! Shame that people can't just answer the OP's question sensibly rather than reverting to tired double entendres and "jokes"

YYZ said on Thu, 9 May 2013 at 16:02...

Actually, I take poppers everywhere i go...in my carry on!!! I put them in the ziploc bag along with the rest of my toiletries...I've been doing this for about 5 years now. I travel 6-8 times a year on flights to the US and Europe...never ever have a had a problem.

PuzzleMaster said on Tue, 21 May 2013 at 08:11...

So what! Bob Blackman used to sing Muletrain whilst banging his head with a metal tray - it doesn't mean that sensible folks should do the same.

Marshall said on Sat, 25 May 2013 at 08:44...

How you get from poppers to some long forgotten variety act is beyond me! You guys are nutz!

Karon said on Sun, 21 Jul 2013 at 13:25...

Keep my father-inlaw Bob Blackman out of your chat. If you don't mind.

Punkah Wallah said on Sat, 7 Sep 2013 at 15:49...

I always carry poppers with me as I need to constantly get laid. Even when I am on an aircraft I am looking to get one up the rear exhaust pipe. I also carry a live python wrapped around my neck and enjoy smoking my pipe.

Fran said on Sun, 8 Sep 2013 at 13:45...

do not ever take poppers to Spain...hassles galore! some dude in Ibiza got in deep doodoo a few years back

Snowbird said on Tue, 10 Sep 2013 at 08:42...

Poppers can be trouble if not understood by officials. What about Costa Rica? Does anyone have experience please.

LoveNPeace said on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 at 08:11...

Dear YYZ,

Thank you for your informative and illuminating posting. May I venture to ask which is your preferred brand of poppers? I wonder also if is it permitted to take poppers on a hovercraft? what about in a motorcycle side-car? When do other members of the poppers community believe that we will see the return of the "golden era" of poppers? Mystic crystal revelation and the mind's true liberation to all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X5HYynP5E

Hugs to all!

PJ said on Sun, 15 Sep 2013 at 13:56...

lol like way out man!

> I always carry poppers with me as I need to constantly get laid.

Yeah well maybe people are asking about taking them on trips...not about having their way with the cabin staff or other passengers.

67Mb said on Mon, 16 Sep 2013 at 06:43...

weird idea about Spain! i saw poppers there in a bar...v. expensive but openly sold?? i kinda agree about the snarky comments about taking in luggage, you can get hassled about toothpaste!!

Miss Mint Julep said on Sat, 21 Sep 2013 at 06:56...

Poppers are merely modern day smelling salts! if ever I feel like I am about to swoon, I reach into my man bag and grab some. Would a lady be prevented from doing that in her barouche? No!

Daddy50 said on Sun, 22 Sep 2013 at 10:04...

@ snowbird, they were sold in San Jose quite a lot. I think Ministerio de Salud told them to stop...what about Club Oh?

Silo Filler said on Sun, 27 Oct 2013 at 17:14...

Is is allowed to take poppers on a tractor? The reason I'm asking is that there's a new farm hand up at Walton Farm an he's built like a brick **** house. Oh plow the field and scatter the good seed on the land!

Goodnight John-Boy...gizz us a kiss.

Flying Tonight said on Fri, 8 Nov 2013 at 22:56...

I am taking my special lady on romantic balloon trip over Nottingham; chocolates, champagne, red roses - and as a surprise I am bringing a bottle of poppers to get her in the mood for some airborne action! I am concerned that as they are flammable there might be a risk of explosion. I want the earth to move, not to crash into it like a modern day Icarus. I am also taking her pet cat, Mister Darcy, with me in a wiccan picnic basket. Good idea or not?

Trolly Dolly said on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 at 20:24...

"British design firm Seymourpowell has designed Morph to offer passengers choice over the amount of space they pay for. The width of the seat can be adjusted, while an individual can also control the seat pan height and depth, to make sure they are comfortable"

Suggestion for the seat name: "lebensraum"? You swipe your card and spread into your neighbors territory? I would be good at design and that...so why am I still handing out tea and coffee to dickheads! Oh yeah....skool and stuff....still my hairs nice and shiny and I've got a nice ass....eh cheeky!

Keep the cat away from the balloon you! they can get a bit scratchy if they get alarmed.

Frequent flyer said on Mon, 23 Dec 2013 at 18:46...

In theory, poppers are no more dangerous than a bottle of perfume. So if you feel capable of explaining that in airport security, go ahead!

ApeNuts said on Sat, 4 Jan 2014 at 23:47...

"Actually, I take poppers everywhere i go...in my carry on!!!"

Mad! Don't do it....airport life is crazy enough without that drama. You fly into somewhere exotic and you could get in a real kerfuffle.

Anonymous said on Fri, 3 Oct 2014 at 00:51...

Absolutely not. There are signs at Provincetown airport that say "If you are carrying poppers you WILL BE ARRESTED." The locals turn a blind eye (except for the raid on three ptown shops in 2003 by Ptown Police and Truro police after they busted people at the airport- do a google search) however the airport is the feds, and they WILL arrest you if they find them.

SeaDog said on Sat, 4 Oct 2014 at 10:52...

Ahoy there! He speaks the truth lads!

Under Massachusetts law isobutyl nitrite is classified as a class D controlled substance. Conviction for possession of a class D controlled substance can result in a jail sentence of up to two years.

Uerea said on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 at 00:19...

Anyone know if bringing poppers on board or in a suitcase from Britain to Croatia is hassle-free, if not, permitted?

Rush said on Wed, 22 Apr 2015 at 12:41...

A Japanese friend has asked me to bring some with me from NZ. They've not been sold there for 10 years now. Does anyone have experience of taking poppers into Japan?

Evening Glory said on Sun, 24 May 2015 at 14:19...

Poppers have not been sold in Japan for 10 years. Yeah that might because they are like totally BANNED. Airline pilot called Masahiro Tsutsumi got in big stink about it last year.

"A Japanese friend"

Friend? Maybe not.

snarky said on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 at 05:05...

You could tell them you are a spy and in case of cyanide poisoning you carry your antidote

Concerned Passenger said on Thu, 16 Jul 2015 at 19:42...

The baggage compartment is not pressurized, hence poppers could leak. They are volatile, so if there were a spark near the fumes, it could lead to a fire in the baggage compartment and bring down the whole plane. This is totally not safe.

Chrisrock said on Tue, 11 Aug 2015 at 12:17...

Does anyone know if can take a 30ml popper in my checked luggage? I am traveling to South America. Am I going to have any problems if i take it?

MX-Trip said on Wed, 2 Sep 2015 at 08:42...

I am traveling to Jalisco Mexico from US. Do you guys think it will be a problem to put it with my Luggage toiletry? I am hesitant.

bambam said on Mon, 5 Oct 2015 at 23:49...

I just checked with my friend that works at a major US airline and his answer was "YES YOU CAN TAKE POPPERS IN A CHECKED BAG, WE DONT CARE FOR LIQUIDS IN BAGS", So there, you can.

Conchita said on Wed, 18 Nov 2015 at 18:31...

Hi Bambam,

Could you ask your friend if it is OK to take a dead dog (Alsatian cross - probably Whippet) in the bag? We want to bury our beloved Candykiss near Graceland, she used to love ""I Forgot To Remember To Forget" and also she liked avocado. Also our bags are not plaid, is that a problem?

Thanks for your helpful advice and that of your glamorous friend,

Love

Conchita

Doors To Manuel said on Tue, 1 Dec 2015 at 15:11...

Dead dogs are not allowed in checked in luggage. You should have Candykiss cremated first and then transported to Memphis. I doubt that Liberace's family will allow you to deposit Candykiss! I am going on a Carnival Cruise next year and would be happy give her a maritime send off (out of the port hole) with suitable words and song.

Ernie said on Tue, 8 Dec 2015 at 07:16...

My question is: where is Candykiss right now? I think it is disgusting to mock Conchita: NO YOU CANNOT TAKE DOG CADAVERS ON THE HIGH SEAS. Carnival allow "service dogs" :"Carnival Cruise Lines only permits service/working dogs onboard, a working/service dog is legally defined and is trained to meet the disability related need. We do not allow guests to sail with therapy/companion dogs or service dogs in training"

Bob Ruckus said on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 at 18:08...

You are a smart guy, Ernest. But not as smart as me. Nowhere in the Carnival Cruise Lines statement does it say the dog must be alive. If Candykiss was a "service dog" (addendum a) then it is plain sailing on that point. BUT I doubt they will allow it on health grounds, nor on the basis of common sense.

a. service dog is a type of assistance dog specifically trained to help people who have disabilities, such as visual impairment, hearing impairments, mental illnesses (such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)), seizure disorder, mobility impairment, and diabetes.

Given that Conchita used to feed the poor dog avocado then I respectfully suggest that she falls into one of these categories, ipso facto Candykiss was a "service dog" / is a "service dog" cadaver.

There may well be other regulations that prevent Candykiss boarding and being pushed through the porthole, that is obvious! So I advise that you check before bringing her to port and creating a scene.

One further point: Liberace's family do not have any say over what goes on at Graceland. I think he lived in Las Vegas.

Ruckus and Pettifog, Attorneys at Law

Andre said on Wed, 30 Dec 2015 at 18:33...

I have a copy of Liberace Cooks(1970) The recipe book includes his recipe for "Spinach Delicious":

10 ounce pack frozen spinach
2 tablespoons migraine
1/4 cup light cream
2 tablespoons horserash
1/2 teaspoon slut
Dash of pepper

You may wish to serve this dish to your guests. I do not understand why he is involved with your dog funeral (maybe because he liked dogs too?) Spinach gets caught in your teeth so don't forget the tooth picks!

vic said on Sat, 2 Jan 2016 at 16:26...

Liberace died in 1987, so he 'aint conducting no dog funerals in Memphis. I guess it is an impersonator or tribute act that has fallen on hard times.

Davidz2 said on Tue, 12 Jan 2016 at 05:00...

Flying to Spain in a couple of weeks. We often pack our Poppers in our toiletries next to the electric razor (like they might be an alcohol cleaner or aftershave), and have never been questioned. But would prefer to purchase them at our destinations of Madrid, Sitges, and Barcelona, if they are available. Any of you wiseguys have any wisdom to impart?

Fearsome said on Thu, 14 Jan 2016 at 14:04...

Better asking a question about Liberace's cheese board, David.

No naughty store will be selling them openly but you can always ask - as sometimes they have things out of sight :-) Same goes in the kind of bars that used to be listed as AYOR in Spartacus. You use the term "we" so I guess you will not be meeting any commercial friends - in Barcelona those type of gents nearly always have poppers. There are plenty of Spanish sites (or sites in Spanish) where you can buy poppers as well. I guess they might have a phone number?

Just some thoughts not related to dog cadavers or 1970s recipes for spinach!

I personally would not take them on any flight. I can imagine there is potential for a nasty scandal in places like Dubai, Spain not sure. They are not permitted in Spain, I assume you know that.

Poppers in Gran Canaria said on Sun, 21 Feb 2016 at 14:13...

I am not carrying a checked bag to Gran Canaria so I want to take some poppers with me. Can I put them in a different type of bottle and put them in my regulated zip lock bag? They will be in my carry on with the rest of my tolietries.

Poppers in Feurteventura said on Wed, 16 Mar 2016 at 07:03...

Has anyone taken them here or knows of somewhere there is can buy them?

Sister Gywn said on Sun, 10 Apr 2016 at 17:21...

Hey, so I am a Transgender Druid (so get over it) I have no idea if poppers are allowed in bags or not and I doubt poppers are sold in duty free. What I do know is that there is no wheelchair access for Transgender Druids at Porthcawl International Airport. There is also no stone circle for meditation, nor any shops selling crystals or medicinal tea!

Dick Head said on Sun, 29 May 2016 at 14:49...

I am looking for tips on how to get into those airport lounges that one sees (I hear they have free drinks, bowls of nuts, and things of that kind.) You also get to mix with a better class of person. The riff-raff one sees in the economy cabin these-days! I have tried the "do you know who I am" line; it doesn't work! sadly the boarding pass has economy written on it and my name is not Rothschild von Gucci III as I suggested once.

Thanks!

Dick

Poppers in Ibiza said on Fri, 1 Jul 2016 at 21:44...

Has anyone ever taken poppers in a checked-in bag to Ibiza? If so whats the risk of getting caught?
If not has anyone every sourced any poppers in Ibiza? I've been looking for years but can never find any!
Thanks....

valen said on Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 22:09...

Hi There! I think...that i will skim the label of the poppers-bottel, and put next to my toiletries. The brown bottle looks probably as a medicine-bottle. Somebody some experience on it, I fly to postsoviet-area, there are any rules about poppers?

obscure2015 said on Thu, 5 Jan 2017 at 10:52...

I usually take the packaging off the bottle and put it in with my vaping supplies if I ever get asked what it is. I say its a weak solvent I use to clean the electrical contacts of gunk from my ecig works every time ive even demonstrated it and it works well. though I wouldn't usually waste it like that. I keep it in hold luggage though not carry on

muscled said on Wed, 1 Mar 2017 at 08:47...

does any one know if i can take small bottle of poppers to Bangkok in my suite case ?

muscled said on Wed, 1 Mar 2017 at 08:55...

does any one know if i can take small bottle of poppers to Bangkok in my suite case ?

bottomsUP said on Mon, 19 Jun 2017 at 15:11...

I am transiting thru Middle East and I would like to know if it is safe to carry poppers inside my checked luggage. Would appreciate any reply or info about this.

Baracco said on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 at 13:28...

I am carrying poppers in my hand luggage and I never had problem at all. I,ve been doing it for almost 6 years now. I even put some 3 bottles on my checked in baggage and had n problem at all.

Earschplittenloudenboomer said on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 at 16:56...

I've taken herbal remedies in a labelless bottle shaped like a poppers bottle without any questions being asked. However, poppers are flammable liquids, and flammable liquids are prohibited. I was recently marched into a side-room at Innsbruck airport as I was wearing a support belt for a stomach injury, so I am not going to chance taking poppers through Manchester security next week.

Gary said on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 at 03:05...

I'm going to Singapore and is that safe bring poppers in the luggage??

jac said on Sun, 12 Nov 2017 at 17:26...

yes.. can we bring it into Singapore? anyone tried?

SG said on Mon, 11 Dec 2017 at 22:45...

I personally traveled several times to and from SG with poppers in my hand luggage without even thinking I was doing something that could be illegal without any trouble.

Kismy said on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 at 15:58...

"without even thinking"

Something you do a lot I guess.

People with functioning brain : *DO NOT CARRY POPPERS ON FLIGHTS*

Aom said on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 at 08:22...

For anyone that is going to bring in poppers across customs into Singapore.. DON'T DO IT.

Jade said on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 at 10:57...

Can you travel from the US to Jamaica with poppers anyone know

Thanks

Anonymous said on Fri, 27 Jul 2018 at 10:05...

I tried to google but couldn't come up with anything.. but would someone from Jamaica let us know ?

OldBitters said on Sat, 1 Dec 2018 at 13:32...

Jamaica is not know for it's tolerance of gay lifestyle. Noel Coward lived there for a while (so maybe that is the reason). Maybe he harassed the local music scene with his rendition of Mad Dogs and Englishmen?

You would certainly have to be mad to take poppers into Jamaica. The answer to Jade's question is NO!

ppg said on Sat, 16 Feb 2019 at 22:28...

It's not always easy to find sales outlets, so yes, I often take them, but ONLY in the tiny liquids bags in my carry-on.
You might want to check the legality in the country you are visiting. Some sex shop vendors in Mexico now claim it is illegal, which is not true. But it does mean it's hard to find them, even if you do speak Spanish.

chocho said on Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 00:10...

Hi, where can i get rush Popper in Barcelona ? I need it today

Shaneyboy said on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 at 17:24...

Can you bring popers Into Malaysia. Meaning kota kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia. My wife keeps going on about it since I told her about it 😁😀😁

Dean said on Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 17:11...

Can anyone advise on the Dominican Republic?

Anonymous said on Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 20:40...

Shaneyboy; yes, you can! if you like spending time at the airport and possibly some free local accommodation for a while courtesy of the Malaysian authorities. Who knows if poppers are legal in Malaysia - and who cares - because they have a zero tolerance policy on anything they think is morally corrupt.

Sitges said on Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 17:55...

Hi! does annyone know where to find poppers in Sitges?

Thanks

Oh my! said on Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 20:12...

Baracco said on:

I am carrying poppers in my hand luggage and I never had problem at all.

Congratulations! That means what exactly? That nobody found them. Why did you share this stupid piece of advice?

If you take poppers on a flight you are a total fool and should be on a no fly list. Nitrites expand you moron! What happens if that happens in a pressurized cabin?! Very stupid and selfish queens...can't get them in Mexico or wherever blah blah...THEN GO WITHOUT and enjoy as nature intended. Wow this makes me mad :-(

John said on Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 19:45...

I always take few bottles of popper in my checked baggage
It was always okay.

Tyler said on Fri, 4 Oct 2019 at 02:33...

Has anyone ever bring poppers to France ?

nofgiven said on Sun, 6 Oct 2019 at 18:44...

I wonder if you can bring poppers to hong kong in a carry-on. Anyone?

Oh my! said on Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 22:14...

@ John: that's nice for you. Maybe it will not be next time.....still who cares, eh? As long as you can do what you fancy. You people are selfish, irresponsible, and deserve to be detained under The Mental Health Act. DO NOT take poppers on aircraft, grow up and act responsibly. What the hell are you thinking!

Dwi said on Sat, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:07...

Hello everyone I’m about to fly from Orlando to Ohio and I have a small bottle of jungle juice poppers, That I plan on taking back to Ohio however I’m scared because I don’t know if it’s allowed, can anybody help me or give me some advice, should I take them or not ? I was thinking about putting them on the check in bag . Thanks for the help

katongboy said on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 10:51...

I brought poppers in my checked luggage (but never in my carry on) to Singapore several times. Always fine. No problem at all.

In Malaysia, there seems to be a local website selling poppers. One might google it in Malaysia.

Madridtraveller said on Wed, 7 Apr 2021 at 03:21...

Anyone find a store or bar in Madrid you can buy poppers are they sold under a different product there?

Usa said on Sun, 30 Oct 2022 at 01:19...

Can i bring poppers on check in bag from
Usa in 2022?

Gando said on Fri, 6 Jan 2023 at 05:47...

Will I get in trouble if they find the bottle of poppers?

Poppers Dubai NEW Number 587-781-0100 said on Sun, 14 Jan 2024 at 00:43...

Hey Guys, POPPERS DUBAI has changed their phone number! Heads up:

To order, message them on the new phone number. Old number 323-1813 is expired.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.