Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

The End of Sin City

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by PJ
on Wed, 27 Mar 2013 at 08:33

PJ said on Wed, 27 Mar 2013 at 08:33...

My eye was caught by an extraordinary piece of online bilge entitled "The day the sky fell in on Sin City: Exhibition captures the moment entire families were burnt alive in Pompeii... but it also reveals how utterly depraved the Romans were" The article appears in the sleazy "mail Online" home of immigration hysteria and perhaps the ideological home of those "BNP in Blazer" types. I am rather alarmed by the article, do feel free to read it and let me know your reaction (if you please) I am curious as to what others think....EM??

iPop said on Wed, 27 Mar 2013 at 12:44...

What is your problem! Upset about that goat or what now....drama queen!

PJ said on Sun, 31 Mar 2013 at 11:50...

No, iPop. My concern was not the goat statue, rather the "piano legs" prose from The Mail in 2013.

Anonymous said on Wed, 3 Apr 2013 at 15:02...

Sin City - or rather cesspit of the universe seems to be Derby! Jeez...how many times they have to play that clip of the sleazy lump of "human" garbage on TV! Did the depraved Romans torch their own kids to get a bigger villa from the council? I suppose not.

PJ said on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 at 08:50...

An absurd and unsavory non sequitur! That case is more complex than you suggest of course. It has nothing to do with Derby or Pompeii! Mentally ill, mentally and morally inadequate, or evil (take your choice) people live everywhere! Or does Derby give tax breaks to maniacs and arsonists? I suppose not. The Daily Maul in all it's glory would like us to think:

"Michael Philpott is a perfect parable for our age: his story shows the pervasiveness of evil born of welfare dependency. The trial spoke volumes about the sheer nastiness of the individuals involved. But it also lifted the lid on the bleak and often grotesque world of the welfare benefit scroungers"

I suppose that this hideous creep is a "perfect parable for our age" but not in the way the Maul suggests. Do you think that this person (and his family) were in any way helped by the media's prurient interest in his grubby lifestyle? When Kyle and all those other documentary makers turned up what were they doing? Exposing the domineering and profiteering patriarch to shame and approbation? or where they giving attention to a dangerous attention seeking man? People like this should come to the attention of authority. They should not be in the amphitheater of human degradation that is the modern media.

equestrian mistress said on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 at 13:09...

Yikes! PJ in the pulpit! The tabloids are having a field day for sure...what a piece of work! Makes you feel sick..

Anonymous said on Fri, 19 Apr 2013 at 07:24...

>An absurd and unsavory non sequitur!

Bruce Forsyth says he won't be retiring from Strictly Come Dancing...err Margaret Thatcher's funeral was a fitting tribute to a great lady....err...NON SEQUITUR NEWS SERVICE

King of All Hobbies said on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 at 12:26...

Call that a Non Sequitor! Gimme a break! You Jung uns don't know you are born! Tell me this - why does that nan in the Oakland Furniture ads always demand new furniture for every season? She gets upset about wobbly tables at Christmas and now (for Spring) she is getting distressed about an Ikea style unit being assembled in the lounge ! She also got difficult about the very same thing at Easter too. What a demanding old cow! That family must be broke as those tables and whatnot are not exactly cheap. She always looks in high spirits when they do buy an oak piece of furniture! Does this have anything to do with Pompeii? No it does not!

Toxic Tina said on Fri, 26 Apr 2013 at 11:18...

lol don't do this to nan this....Christmas, Easter, spring, summer, Hannukah!!! There's another one where that geezer and his missus knock over some pots and jump on an oak bed in the showroom. that family sure loves wood

dcoyne said on Sat, 27 Apr 2013 at 13:52...

hey! what are you guys talking about!!! WTf has this to do with poppers???

King of All Hobbies said on Wed, 1 May 2013 at 15:41...

Yr post is a Non Sequitor, dcoyne, so you win a bottle of weak lemon drink. Tina's is NOT! You have been warned, Tina! Two strikes are you are OUT! <nota bene: those who try to suggest that my comment can be regarded as SEQUITOR and therefore subject to penalty are mistaken. If I had made note of dcoyne's poppers comment in my reply that would be a different matter. I hope that you all understand and obey>

KOAH

Anonymous said on Tue, 7 May 2013 at 07:52...

I also enjoy hobbies. Mine is bird song...I produce a bi-annual newsletter. If you can guess the title I will send you a copy.

Golden Guts said on Thu, 23 May 2013 at 12:12...

I have no idea. However, I simply do not like flying in Business Class, you meet such awful people there these days. In days of yore one can speak with one's fellow passengers and be assured that they were pukka chaps. These days it is quite horrid! Noveau riche trash, vile little persons who run internet dot whatsits, and worse. Only last week I saw a fellow in a cashmere sweater order port before his luncheon! Is it Tweety Bird? I don't like the look of that fellow in those new Go Compare adverts.

Toxic Tina said on Fri, 24 May 2013 at 13:18...

Which one? Adverts make me angry too!

BTW: I am not playing this dumb sequitor game - it is a way for a well known troll to create diversions and fights. Talking of which who the hell is moderating here? There are loads of posts that are turning nasty over in Jungle Juice. I guess it is kinda funny when folks throw a wobbly about a itsy bitsy bottle BUT some of it is pretty vile.

Maureen said on Sat, 28 Sep 2013 at 20:45...

because the lady loves milk tray!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.