Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Amyl nitrate

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Blazed
on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 at 20:48

Blazed said on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 at 20:48...

Yeah, yeah I know! but I just listening to Suede...a track called Animal Nitrate... The title "perfectly summed up what it was like to be young and chemically imbalanced in the nation’s capital at the time" That would be early 1990s. As I say I know it is amyl nitrite, so what is the deal with amyl nitrate then?

PJ said on Mon, 18 Mar 2013 at 11:35...

Amyl nitrate is the word that everyone uses to describe amyl nitrite. So I guess it is basically slang, a street word if you like. In the 1980s before the arrival of the internet and the wonders of wiki :-) it was ALWAYS called amyl nitrate, or just plain amyl actually. Now that we have a world of key punchers sharing their "knowledge" we must conclude that the product is actually amyl nitrite. That does not devalue the term though, as it is 80s subculture vernacular. You can sometimes see folks get their knickers in a twist about it on forums. NO NO! its nitrite. To understand these folks take a good look at Simon Quinlank......enjoy :-)

Biffo de Bear said on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 at 08:48...

Ooo Ah! I didn't know that. I see that it (the nitrate one) is used in some kind of fuel process. OK, well I remember once that there was a brand called jungle drops and that was amyl nitrate. It isn't poppers or what?

PJ said on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 at 12:38...

Jungle Juice?

equestrian mistress said on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 at 13:57...

Jungle Juice is amyl nitrite (or it was) I still have an old empty botlle chucked up a corner in the storage room. It says Room Deodorizer and on the back AN. It is made in Canada.

Anonymous said on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 at 17:49...

Simon Quinlank....haha! that guy who plays him has a new show of his own :-) What would the "Duke of Hobby" have to say about poppers??

KeithBI said on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 at 16:36...

Jungle Juice is now called a leather cleaner and there is one called a "Nail Polish Remover"? Which is the one with amyl nitrate?

Torres said on Sat, 23 Mar 2013 at 08:14...

So where do you find amyl nitrate poppers for sale?

Batty said on Tue, 26 Mar 2013 at 17:06...

Get some real Jungle Juice as ya'all say - or Rochefort - from Europe.

Mango Mary said on Wed, 3 Apr 2013 at 15:18...

I have used real amyl nitrate for a long time and it is the very best. I noticed that they did change the label to amyl nitrite and then again it changed to something like iso ??? anyway, even though it was once a room deodorizer, then a leather cleaner and the other things change it seems to be the same to me. on a miss/sub forum I know they say that Jungle Juice has changed, but i guess it depends where you buy it. I think that amyl is not the STRONGEST in that wham!! boom!! way, but it lasts longer and intensifies play like a good poppers should

popperguy said on Fri, 26 Apr 2013 at 14:48...

if it has a weird mellow fruity bouquet like a load of tropical fruits then it is AMYL NITRITE. Anything calling itself nail polish remover is isobutyl

Jordan Patrick said on Wed, 8 May 2013 at 07:41...

isobutyl is much easier to manufacture than amyl and I think it is a lot cheaper to make as well! that is why real AN is like a needle in a haystack..really difficult to find. the other problem with it is that it degrades very quickly. the original poppers were not called Jungle Juice, they had completely different names....I can try to remember what they were called :-) but they are discontinued. Some JJ is now isopentyl nitrite which is a name dance product but it is the best one out there. Actually you used to be able to buy amyl in Johannesburg which was made locally, I do not know if it is still made though. I can ask my buddy in SA as I am sure the store still exists.

BootGod said on Sun, 26 May 2013 at 04:52...

>the original poppers were not called

You know I think that all those labels like Thrust and such came AFTER they started using isobutyl. Might be wrong, but my guess is that there were little or no labels back in the day. Those glass mesh pods of amyl are known as vitrellae - did they have a brand label? They certainly had a paper wrapper, so I guess they could.

Cougar said on Mon, 27 May 2013 at 18:44...

They were certainly selling amyl in the early 1980s as it was advertised in NYc as the original and better than the west coast.

ManBB said on Sat, 1 Jun 2013 at 06:22...

Here is an historic advert from 1983:

The real thing amyl nitrate

KOLLER NORTH AMERICA...Box of 12 crushable capsules. Safer and more effective than butyl

1 Box $20.95
4 Boxes $ 76.00
8 Boxes $ 144.00

and from the old days:

On one of the old tins it says "Glaseptic Ampoules No 50 Amyl Nitrite. Directions: Crush an ampoule by bending between the fingers so that the contents will be absorbed by the cloth cover. Apply to the nostrils and inhale. Do nor remove the cloth wrapping. Keep in a cool place"

Parke, Davis & Co Detroit. Michigan. USA.

HungXL said on Wed, 12 Jun 2013 at 21:06...

those are amyl snappers. Those little glass phials and the snap were all part of the experience. like the sound triggers the pleasure..cool. some stores in philly had them a few years back with a different chemical

Anonymous said on Fri, 21 Jun 2013 at 10:55...

Koller North America never sold any nitrate. Period. Never had any amyl but I heard it doesn't burn like the junk in the stores now??

Denzil Dexter said on Thu, 27 Jun 2013 at 06:37...

Amyl has no burning sensation, that is some other formula and there are a whole bunch of those. It would be cycohexyl mix that you mean, or isopropyl nitrite

DocMs said on Sun, 18 Aug 2013 at 13:40...

Jubilee is a film by Derek Jarman (late 70s) horrible arty mess, but it features a character called Amyl Nitrate (would have been funny as Amy L. but Jarman aint no barrel of laughs) Figures that the term is used to mean poppers even when it isn't..

Anonymous said on Sun, 1 Sep 2013 at 13:27...

What was commonly known as amyl nitrate actually amyl nitrite was
really a mix of isomers (with mostly iso-amyl) Those isomers are going to be in differing %s and that is quite normal as it is just a by -product of the process.

JJ said on Sat, 5 Oct 2013 at 03:48...

What is the strongest popper using isobutyl

Tisza said on Sun, 12 Jan 2014 at 14:56...

Where can i get some in the U.K?

planetmars said on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 00:52...

Could anyone tell me where can I find the REAL stuff (amyl)???
Gimme some websites or something...

Skeet said on Thu, 27 Mar 2014 at 11:21...

@Planetmars, thestreets.com or their lesser known partner site,thefriscohood.com

Randy said on Sat, 29 Mar 2014 at 13:04...

Cam the so called Upper poppers be purchased in Upper New York State. I am from across the border in Canada, and they have been banned here since mid last year.

Thanks

Tom in Boston said on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 at 15:37...

The post about amyl nitrite from 1983, park-Davis seems right,
I first bought, well my girlfriend did, in 1965. In the USA. At the drugstore, over the counter. A tin box of glassine bag covered ampules of amyly nitrate,. I don't remember the price then. Once opened we' put them in an empty Vick vapor nasal inhaler with a screw off cap that would keep them for awhile.
And you could get them by prescription. They were prescribed for angina pectoris and also to " prevent " erections after adult males had circumcision! Haha. I wonder how that worked?!
I think they became illegal so people started to make the chemical congeners, like butyl and isobutyl nitrites, but I may be wrong about the legality thing. I think maybe possession was ok but sales were illegal, hence calling them " video head cleaner" , carburetor cleaner etc evolved to side step legal consequences of sales.
Anyway, thought I'd add my two cents....... Tom

marco said on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 at 18:21...

I ordered 2 bottles of jungle Juice and never received them. After repeated emails to "Jennifer" no bottles came my way and the communication stopped. I would caution anyone ordering from this site.

mmike4422 said on Sat, 21 Mar 2015 at 04:25...

where can you purchase poppers? travelling north along I65

Anonymous said on Tue, 19 May 2015 at 01:25...

How long does it show up in your system for a drug test?

Brad said on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 at 20:13...

I take nitrostat for angina, (nitrates) does anybody knows if this is close to poppers?

Trevy said on Mon, 22 Jun 2015 at 11:25...

In canada and looking to order authentic
poppers

roger said on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 at 15:49...

how can I get poopers shipped to me within Canada or do I have to go outside the country to get them

Luke said on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 at 18:27...

You can buy the PIG BLACK original amyl nitrite poppers made in France since 80's . The poppers-aromas.eu sale them from Paris and dispatch worldwide

Alpha said on Tue, 29 Dec 2015 at 22:45...

You guys gay, straight up funny. So gay.

N70 said on Wed, 13 Jan 2016 at 15:36...

there is a difference between amyl nitrate and amy nitrite? is it like hermes belt with a different name? dont understand!

Horn said on Tue, 2 Feb 2016 at 18:37...

amyl nitrate is nothing to do with anything! it is like unicorn manure.. NITRITE people! it is amyl nitrite and always was...Sir Thomas Lauder Brunton administered nitrite to his patients (1870s)

Curious said on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 at 11:35...

I would love to get a bottle of these n have a great intense night with my loved one..I jus don't want to get scammed like I saw in other comments..so how do I kno if the sites a scam or not?
P.s please help

JOEY KNUCKLES said on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 at 00:45...

I JUST FOUND LIKE 30 BOXES OF PRESCRIPTION IPRATROPIUM BROMIDE in a put out from a gay guy here in the city who died of AIDS....I found a few bottles of morphine 100 hcl liquid and Dilantin and some other stuff and even an unused visa gift card for $500. Anyway, I have never had it or sold it before....how much does it sell for at clubs or gay bars or does it sell at all? How do I get rid of it? It's supposed to be the same as the poppers you are talking about but no headache.....

Terry Peeler said on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 16:42...

Do you sell ANY TYPE IF AMYL IN AMPOULES/ampoules?
If not no problem.
I am from North Carolina,USA

I read ampoules could be purchased via internet in France.
The guy writing said he got them from France but gave no contacts in his
Review on a inhalant website.

Please tell me if you know any where in France via internet that might sell

Ampoules? Anyone reading this please respond.

If allowed my name is Terry, in USA/North Carolina.
& if allowed my email address is

ncporscheguy@aol.com
PLEASE help me find.
Thank you,
Terry

RobbyL said on Thu, 22 Nov 2018 at 14:15...

Very weird post from Knuckles. Rather sad too/ you should not try to sell meds from the estate of a deceased guy who had emphysema. You should dispose of it or return it to the supplier. You should donate the gift card to charity. What is a put out? It means Knuckles has been going through trash cans i think? Wow. Not nice at all.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.