Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Rush Poppers Review

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Douglas
on Tue, 25 Sep 2012 at 04:01

Douglas said on Tue, 25 Sep 2012 at 04:01...

Hallo Gentlemen,
I have been a fan of Rush Poppers for quite a while; surely for about 10 years or so, but I forget the exact date I first tried. I have just returned from an overseas posting and, well, I was looking forward to certain things not available in my previous location. One of these was Rush along with a really good (yeah, you know what I mean) I was surprised that the old PWD bottle seems to have changed and it now says something weird on the label. What gives poppers fans? Has Rush got religion? Do you have a review for me and perhaps some idea of the best place to look for the original? I am also interested in trying some other kind of liquid incense (or whatever it's going to call itself) Are there any other good popper brands to look at.

Thank you kindly,

Douglas

Marshall-FL said on Tue, 2 Oct 2012 at 06:53...

Douglas, where did you get your Rush? I noticed before that sometimes there is no PWD on the bottle cap these-days. A buddy compared the two (as he had an old bottle of Rush in the cooler) Hey! There was really no difference, except the already opened was not as fresh. Go figure...is it because of the old Rush factory in Indiana closing down a year or so back..

Delvin said on Tue, 2 Oct 2012 at 13:16...

Dunno about that but the shops here sell a Rush with "UK FORMULA" written on it now. bottle looks longer than how I remember it

Roy of The Ravers said on Wed, 3 Oct 2012 at 08:54...

Is the UK Formula Rush the one with isopro- what ya call it? It seems to me that it looses strength very quickly after you open it. I am not sure that it is, but I have some local bottles with a variety of names and they all seem like this; quite harsh and loosing power by the minute.

Dagmar said on Sat, 6 Oct 2012 at 18:57...

It's called isopropyl nitrite. Rush use to be the de facto "liquid incense" I can remember it from years back. Isn't it isobutyl in it's original form?

Anonymous said on Mon, 8 Oct 2012 at 07:59...

Isobutyl Nitrite is the original, sure. Actually depends what you mean by original......'cus when it first showed up it would have been amyl nitrate

HiBoston (sling) said on Tue, 9 Oct 2012 at 02:11...

Not sure why you say that, but anyway it is amyl nitrite as opposed to amyl nitrate. It used to be sold by mail order ads in the press, there was once a guy who said Rush would be stocked in grocery stores! so how could it have been amyl??

Charles T said on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 at 12:04...

Oh my! The memories come flooding back! It was in fact sold in glass capsules, Rush that is. It certainly was amyl (personally I can't remember if it was amyl nitrate, but that is what people always called it) It was shipped in a box of six, or maybe more, and not as a bottle. Rush is a strange product, don't you think? It is very well known and popular, but are those rave reviews still true? Haven't tried poppers for years.

BearPA said on Wed, 17 Oct 2012 at 18:16...

Why is Rush strange? There are a whole bunch of weird brands..

Charles T said on Sat, 20 Oct 2012 at 09:57...

Nor rush poppers per se, rather liquid incense, leather cleaner and all that in general. Don't you think it is a curious phenomenon? I agree that some of the names are like something from Whacky Races :-)

David Bishop said on Tue, 23 Oct 2012 at 10:05...

Agree! The story behind poppers is a weird one as well. Something to do with Vietnam I think?

BullBear said on Sat, 27 Oct 2012 at 10:40...

That story about Vietnam it's something about gun oil? I heard that before. That would have been amyl in glass caps though. When Rush used ads in the early 1980s the graphics were full of military images...also cowpokes, bikers, nuclear explosions LOL. I had a few explosions with Rush!
The good old days, guyz?

Anonymous said on Tue, 6 Nov 2012 at 20:29...

the story about Vietnam? the story about the Wehrmacht using amyl....bar stoll bull I guess

Papa_Pop said on Wed, 7 Nov 2012 at 20:00...

I thought that vets brought back the idea!! in those days poppers were sold openly in little glass snappers by Burroughs Wellcome. Wehrmacht is the German army in WW2...urghhh yeah right!

Chan said on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 at 11:22...

In Vietnam poppers is not allowed

Tommy said on Wed, 5 Dec 2012 at 13:32...

Rush Liquid Incense is isobutyl nitrite and that was the formula made in the States since amyl nitrite became restricted for sale -- that would be in the late 70s.

Dave Lee said on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 at 09:07...

Is it true that Rush PWD poppers got closed?

Randall said on Sun, 30 Dec 2012 at 16:01...

Sure is :-(

Hanky Code said on Tue, 1 Jan 2013 at 11:54...

How do you know? Oh yeah...you read it somewhere, right? therefore it must be true, right? Poppers gossip seems to be the new sport...never mind the facts! Joseph F. Miller, Joe Miller, of Great Lakes Products died. The business then was inherited by his twin and then was sold to a guy in Arizona. You can't buy Rush Liquid Incense, it is now some kind of nail polish remover (stateside anyway) I believe you can also find Hardware and Ram as well. I have now idea what the reviews for these poppers are like, but to say PWD is closed is wrong. Stuff happened... that's all! Gossip away guys!!!

Gene said on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 at 19:30...

Where do you know all this from exactly, Hanky Code? Perhaps you read it somewhere? Because I read exactly the same thing! It is still true that PWD got closed, so you are wrong and you are doing the same as those you accuse....why are you so heated about it? Weird.

Daniel Yu said on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 at 15:33...

Ever hear of PWD Gold Rush? it is a new popper

Anonymous said on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 at 12:45...

It was the name of a sales program for PWD, it is not Rush (the product)

Shaggy said on Fri, 11 Jan 2013 at 11:48...

Not really...I saw a picture of Gold Rush on some poppers shop. Is it the PWD Rush or what???

Ernesto said on Mon, 14 Jan 2013 at 22:00...

PWD Rush was sold before in Mexico, but now i don't see it?

Anonymous said on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 at 11:46...

"Poppers gossip seems to be the new sport"

Tell me about it! Don't know f@#$ all about anything to do with poppers? Curious and outraged about PWD, Rush and all that....NO PROBLEM. Fill your posts with speculation, innuendo and fiction. Feel better now? Got the admiration of your fellow poppers forum chat monkeys??? Captain Rush may have flown off to the Moon, but Captain Bull@#$% is alive and well and ready to tell a whole pile of tall tales to anyone with nothing better to do....get a life!!!

Luke Sty-Walker said on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 at 12:17...

Oh me oh my....what's to do? Where did you learn that Cpt. Rush has gone to the moon?

BuzBoy said on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 at 18:00...

So much anger about a little bottle...jeez

IMNVS14U said on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 at 12:47...

Oh No, I just read though all this forum and just found out my beloved "RUSH" of over 20 years is no more, I thought it was just me!
I have been switching back and fourth with "Jungle Juice Plus" thinking I was addicted to the Rush aroma potantcy, and found the breaks pleasant.
Fairwell Capt. Rush, it was a long and pleasant affair, I wish you a journey in the after life, PEACE...

BuzBoy said on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 at 13:57...

I am not sure it is, IMNVS14U! I would say that the whole thing is like The Da Vinci Code....a badly written novel! I got curious and took a look round the 'ol interweb. You can see in some forums BIG fights going on and loads of poppers people getting seriously angry. I just ordered Rush from three different places...when I get it I am gonna compare it all and give y'all some reviews. Why do folks get so crazy about this subject.....

Rockin' Robin said on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 at 12:04...

The answer to the last question is.....John Gabriels internet dickwad theory.

Hayle Stone said on Wed, 13 Feb 2013 at 18:59...

What is Rush "EU Special Formula",Marshall, any idea?

>poppers people getting seriously angry.

Nothing new there.

equestrian mistress said on Sun, 17 Feb 2013 at 15:00...

It says UK Special Formula Rush as well. Perhaps there are local varieties now..go figure. Is Bolt and all that the same dunno

The Lizardmen said on Tue, 5 Mar 2013 at 10:27...

So what about the Rush? the real one not the novice newcomers..

Danny said on Tue, 19 Mar 2013 at 16:37...

I also just saw PWD Gold Rush....doesn't look anything at all like the old red 'n yellow bottles! is it kosher??? I guess i could get a bottle and see....but I don't like being let down! Any idea plz..

Traisoon said on Fri, 5 Apr 2013 at 08:09...

(Sorry about my poor english) Hey guys, one of my poppers supplier from UK told me the white balls inside the poppers is just for marketing gimmick. I believe it's true coz I did compared it and there is no different. Anyway PWD-bottle doesn't exist anymore coz it close on summer 2010. The Rush, Rush Ultra Strong, Super Rush and the latest Rush Gold are made from another factory. The contents are not fake. Don't have to worry. We can find a few website from UK under skyline worldwide UK LTD selling this products. They are reliable. I just hope any company out there will start posting the proper guideline without the interference of marketing gimmicks. Love live poppers. Hehe.

Trudy O said on Fri, 17 May 2013 at 13:51...

Gentlemen- As an associate of PWD, please let me clarify a few things. While Mr. Joe Miller no longer owns PWD, RUSH or any other associated brands, please let me assure you that these brands are still around and as popular as ever. And while there were some changes to the company structure, the proprietary formulas remained the SAME and should be as you remember them or better (if you are buying legitimate product.) And while you used to purchase these products as aromas, head cleaner or leather cleaner; all PWD brands are now marketed as nail polish remover. SUPER RUSH, SUPER RUSH PLUS, GOLD RUSH and SUPER JUICE are all PWD private labels and should be the same high quality of other PWD products. I will address UK Formula and PWD in the EU in a separate post. I hope this helps clarify things. We appreciate your interest in PWD Brands! Wish you the best.

Pauly D said on Sun, 19 May 2013 at 10:37...

I will tell you this about Super Rush poppers. Don't buy them from rizeproducts.com! They're god-AWFUL. I'm going to give this a second attempt, so I just bought some off Endless Custom Parts. If these aren't good, then I'll never buy these online, period.

Marshall said on Fri, 24 May 2013 at 10:54...

Welcome and thank you very much for your comments, Trudy! I look forward to reading more of your informed comments.

Honest John said on Thu, 6 Jun 2013 at 00:37...

Trudy is not truthful. Take it from an insider. PWD no longer exists as an entity. Also, super rush is a blend of isobutyl and cyclobutyl. You will either like it or not, it is different than the rest.

Deon said on Fri, 7 Jun 2013 at 09:49...

Who is the manufacturer of Rush and Manscent Tall Poppers
Herbdynamics977@gmail.com

Colby said on Wed, 12 Jun 2013 at 10:16...

As far as I know Rush (made by PWD and now under licence from it's heir in AZ) and Manscent made by Locker Room in Canada are NOT made in China, Deon. As for Honest John, an funny epithet resonant of a Las Vegas used car lot, PWD as a brand exists. I notice that John uses the term entity which I suppose means the Harding Street enterprise, that's correct.

DagFly said on Fri, 14 Jun 2013 at 12:00...

Pac West Distributing - or PWD - were the filler, they put the liquid (isobutyl nitrite) into bottles and *distributed* it. Rush, Hardware and Ram were the property of a company called Great Lakes Products or GLP. GLP was owned by Joseph F. Miller. When Miller died the ownership passed to his twin brother and was then sold.

Poppers experts/ insiders often spread rumors for commercial reasons, or because they don't know and want to seem important. The total garbage that is written about this subject is amazing, I fail to see the interest. You guys should get out more.

Aanjay said on Sun, 8 Sep 2013 at 08:47...

Rush euro style and Rusk UK Strong formula have a different label. If it is the original then what does it say on the box plz

Bonbec said on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 at 09:09...

I bought some poppers here in France (a lot of guys are saying that is where the goos stuff is) It was OK but the rush label was paper not a plastic seal. I have always ordered from Uk before. Any suggestions?

Patrick said on Sat, 5 Oct 2013 at 10:34...

Hello Guys i bought à bottle of rush from pdw in Holland @ the kamasutra erotic lifestyle day.
And this one is very good Same bottle from captain rush.

Borris said on Sat, 9 Nov 2013 at 15:59...

Just to help some of you in Europe,
If you find a PWD product with something else that isobutyl inside, that's a fake. If you find a lockerroom product with isopropyl, that's a fake. If you see a 24ml square bottle with jungle juice, amsterdam, blue boy, manscent with isopropyl inside, they are fakes.

Most of the information websites about poppers are owned by fakers.
If you want to check what you buy, here is the official lockerroom page:
www.junglejuiceplus.com.

Check what you use
take care

Zebra said on Mon, 2 Dec 2013 at 02:57...

Is there anywhere a person can purchase the old type of Rush formula from the 80's. Thats the good stuff. Seems like what is out the now is very very week. The stuff I have is PWD, but seems like the last 3 to 4 years the stuff has been of poor quality and seems to get weaker and weaker.

If there is some place to purchase the good stuff let me know. I want to feel the rush, warm sensation and the intense "o" once again!!!

Kim said on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 at 20:57...

I wonder if that is not just nostalgia, Zebra? Where are you buying from anyway..thnx

rudy said on Fri, 20 Dec 2013 at 06:37...

Cant i order captainrush?

sex said on Fri, 7 Mar 2014 at 14:02...

fake poppers uit china koming

colby said on Tue, 17 Jun 2014 at 21:06...

guys remember that poppers are sold as "incense" "VCR" cleaners "nail polish/remover" "wood polish" etc

you most likely will not find the original formula, that formula usually contained amyl nitrate, a substance that has now been banned because it causes cancer supposedly, so they develop another version and then that gets banned and so on. they unfortunately have and will get weaker, the FDA doesn't like any "mind altering" drugs other then alcohol

luk111 said on Sun, 10 Aug 2014 at 14:37...

be carreful with this fucking thiefes. thej recived my money and didnt send me poppers for 22 days and no answers for my urging.

B dude said on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 at 05:42...

Watch out for popper maculopathy. From the rush brand out now. Its real and scary. If you turn blue at all with this brand stop now. My central vision is gone. Overnight. Internet says could heal after several monthes. Been 2 weeks now. No change really. Maybe a bit. Not sure. Im taking some vitamins for retina health and eating tons of kale. Experts aren't sure why this has been emerging since 2010. Possibly a change to isopropyl nitrate from isobuteral. Imagine where ever you look, in the center... it disappears. Its damage to the photo receptors in the back of the eye . responsible for central vision and light. I been doing poppers for 23 years with no problems. One bad night and now this. Its unreal. Read up on it. Its happening alot. Im completely stopping poppers to allow the area to heal. Experts say complete abstinence is the only chance to heal.
Total bummer.

B dude said on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 at 05:47...

If you use rush brand. The red/yellow bottle and are having problems with your vision, particularly your central vision. Reading small letters or light sensitivity in regards to your central vision, stop immediately.

Ray said on Sun, 12 Oct 2014 at 23:14...

Hey everyone. Pac-west is no longer for the fact during the last raid owner Joseph Miller commited suicide. Shortly inherited by his brother. Rush is now considered to be illegal in some states. Other brands are now cyclopentyl nitrate, no longer an iso. Both are battery head cleaners and both used in nail polish remover. New brands such as voltage, power platinum, spark, and others are still being sold. This all coming from 8 years of expierence selling and ordering these products. Please be safe guys.

peer said on Sat, 18 Oct 2014 at 13:58...

I am rush popper factory`s seller ,if you all need popper ,could purchase by below link

-> http://shop.luvlove.net

Any question feel free to contact me
Best regard!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hongying Co.,Ltd.
Mr Peer Zhu General Manager
Email:greensu9760_cn@hotmail.com
WhatsApp:+86 13914026756

Tommyg said on Sun, 19 Oct 2014 at 03:35...

what about power poppers selling what looks like good stuff?

Skeet said on Wed, 22 Oct 2014 at 23:03...

@Tommyg; never order from powerpoppers or buypoppers.

This "peer" person's site looks a little sketchy. There are new PWD products out with a hologram on the cap. These are real,legit PWD products. Poppersexpress.com and 4poppers.com sell them.

Go to NeverFakeIt.com to learn more.

ShotaconSissy said on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 at 05:00...

Can anyone verify that the Jungle Juice with the holographic Geniune seal is the real deal? So many fakes and people shilling for websites its impossible to find anything decent...

King said on Sun, 18 Jan 2015 at 08:31...

what does the new Rush popper contain? cycohexyl or isobutyl VERY CONFUSING!!

buckeye said on Sun, 8 Mar 2015 at 21:40...

You can buy rush poppers in vending machines in Ohio. If they are the new formula I do not know as never had them before....guyz??

Lisafunn said on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 at 20:04...

Does anyone know if pwd rush poppers come with a reflective sticker on cap reading PWD and "don't fake it" in the back ground with smaller letter? I just got some but this stuff burns my nose and gave me a headache !

Lisafunn said on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 at 06:45...

Man, this rush popper I talked about earlier burn when huffin left my throat like scratchy .... Like burnt! Rush sucks not as strong and don't last long.and gave me a headache . Seller told me that's how new bottles are being made with stickers .... Owell!

sksadana said on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 at 14:04...

what's Rush Never fake it and how can use this product ??

brittas said on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 at 20:11...

Since 2007 eu law has outlawed isobutyl. All the poppers sold now are isopropyl....ie crap. Thats my take on the matter.

99 said on Sat, 4 Apr 2015 at 14:38...

What is Rush ZERO, guyz claim it has a bigger ball (??) and is a mix of formula??

Mambo Italiano said on Tue, 12 May 2015 at 08:36...

So many flavors of Rush poppers now! Here is a few I can think of

Rush (UK Formula)
Rush Gold
Rush Black
Rush (EU Formula)
Rush Original
Rush Nail Polish Remover

Rush Zero as you say. There are probably loads more. Seems to me that Rush is like a fucking pack of cards...which is the Joker and which is the King!!

B dude said on Wed, 29 Jul 2015 at 04:40...

Trudy O. .......The store i buy poppers from has lots of different kinds. All are $10 EACH including original Rush. However they have a Rush that has pwd on the cap and captain Rush on bottle. These are $20 each. My question is this. Is the $20 bottle isobutyl? And all the others isopropyl ?? Not sure if you would know this. But im trying to find isobutyl. The isopropyl is damaging my eyes. Wondering why its $20. Asking since you are an associate . Cant do isopropyl anymore.
Thank you.

Ronalt Drump said on Fri, 11 Mar 2016 at 17:27...

REDS IS THE BEST............ BUT BETTER IS REDS ULTRA STRENGTH :-)

Ivana Stump said on Sat, 19 Mar 2016 at 18:39...

Reds is a UK brand (or was) and therefore must be isopropyl nitrite, right? There is no comparison with Rush which is an isobutyl nitrite popper.

Also Ronalt, what you expecting tonight....the frozen cucumber for starters ;-)

stampon said on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 at 11:48...

You can add to that Rush Radikal and Super Rush. What the hell happened to good ol poppers for crying out loud. It used to be Liquid Incense, now what is it? clock cleaner or something like that. Oh and rush now comes in a tin like boot polish and as a herbal spray even....WTF

Priyanada said on Fri, 28 Oct 2016 at 15:41...

I like your product so I need to prices and what's
The minimum order so please contact or e mail
Thank you

Confused said on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 at 19:47...

what is this used for? I found it in hubbys room and want to know why you guys use it.

Poppermaker said on Tue, 10 Jan 2017 at 23:34...

So much misinformation about poppers. Joe Miller and PWD died in 2010. I had only started buying poppers in 2009. When he died, good poppers died. I have yet to buy anything since 2010 that was noteworthy and consistent. Poppers, ester nitrites, have to be made with quality reagents at optimum temperatures. The various alcohols have slightly differing effects that when blended can afford greater pleasure. Without quality reagents mixed at optimum temps, the quality of the esters will be highly inconsistent and some will be downright nasty.

DreamingOfPoppers said on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 at 15:52...

Hello my dear friends... a newbie here. I need advice! I so want to try poppers while doing "you know what," but they are forbidden in my country because of the substance Isopropyl nitrite. However, recently a local online store is selling Rush because they say its new formula - made by a company in Canada - contains Isoamyl nitrite which they claim is 99,8% purer than the European formulas that contain Isopropyl nitrite, or Isobutyl nitrite. They also cover the story about how PWD went out of business and that different companies are doing their own Rush. Still, I wonder: who is making it as close as possible to the original formula? Anyway, both Isopropyl and Isobutyl are forbidden in my country, but Isoamyl is not. I want to buy it so badly so I can finally try it, but given that the bottle looks different from most bottles I see online in overseas stores, I'm a bit insecure about going forward. To be honest I'm insecure because I never tried any type of poppers and I won't be able to tell if it's really good, or a watered down version of things that real popperheads use, or something just too chemical that will make me sick instead of "happy." They say that the Canadian manufacturing company is called The Original LRM Brands, a division of Lockerroom Marketing Ltd, located in Delta, Canada. I found some links for said company online and they seem legit. What advice would you give me? I know we are talking chemicals and not organic produce - lol - but is Isoamyl really purer than Isopropyl? Would Isoamyl give me the same rush as the other substances? Please school me, guys!

stussy said on Mon, 8 May 2017 at 12:52...

Can Rush the original be detected in a blood test the next day?

phil said on Sat, 20 Jan 2018 at 11:03...

Look out for loads more varieties...there is even a "Winter" Rush now! Bottle has little snow flakes on it.

Hogtie said on Tue, 27 Feb 2018 at 09:05...

Check this out! a giant bottle of Rush

http://tmlarts.com/john-waters/

Piece of art by John Waters from 2009. Not sure what to make of the big brown stain!

gv11 said on Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 11:52...

I do not think that there is any test which looks for the use of poppers, Rush or anything else, stussy. How could there be? The poppers effect can be caused by anything - lower of blood pressure causing the temporary relation of muscle tissue. Maybe I am wrong but I do not see it, and anyway why would anyone be so concerned about poppers! Unless for some antique style moral reason.

Francy pants said on Thu, 22 Mar 2018 at 22:35...

Dreaming of poppers stay away from isopropyl and isoamyl and isopentyl. If you check the guides you will eventually find a link to real poppers. When I say real I mean formula wise( Isobutyl or n-butyl or amyl). Every thing else is cough inducing eye blurring garbage. It took me months of reading through these guides to find one, and no I'm not telling you.

Nosey P said on Fri, 4 May 2018 at 07:33...

That is very kind of you, Francy pants. Your attitude is admirable indeed - the spirit of now. Look after Numero Uno and screw the rest. I wonder is Rush still the best popper out there or are there lots of changes now? To be honest I find it all very confusing. If I find anything out I will be sure to keep it to myself.

AUTHENTIC POPPERS said on Sun, 27 Feb 2022 at 10:38...

History is long . Have been selling for 22 years. PAC WEST and SUPERMAN logo is just a trademark. Trent is trying to drive the competition out of business with an inferior product. He is a snake. Only patented formula has black lid .. sells as nail polish remover from I.C.E. Bensalem PA. My long tI'm customers tried PAC WEST and returned all the bottles.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.