Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Power Pellets (the steel ball)

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Jako
on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 at 17:06

Jako said on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 at 17:06...

Do power pellets heighten the effects of popper formulas.

The Professor said on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 at 17:18...

NO. they are intended to adsorb water, which kills poppers, and is picked up from atmospheric water vapor

PJ said on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 at 19:07...

They are not a "steel ball" but those things do exist as an "agitator" - go figure. UK Rave has that term on the label? The original was a desiccant I guess, that broke up into pieces as the poppers got older; they also used to appear as plastic balls that did not break up. The original PWD pellet was trademarked I think?

The Professor said on Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 17:34...

The original power pellet was a plastic substrate that dissolved in the poppers; useless.

At some point they switched to activated alumina (AA Looks white, and is light, like plastic, but is actually made from powdered aluminum).

Jako said on Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 19:00...

Very interesting, Prowler (UK) have reintroduced power pellets in their Thunderball poppers.

The Professor said on Tue, 7 Jun 2022 at 23:36...

It's a start, I guess, but ONE ball of AA isn't enough; the first time the bottle is opened, and atmospheric water vapor enters the bottle, the ball is overwhelmed.

Aliquoting from a parent container into an 'in use' container slows degradation from water and oxygen,.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.