Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Video on making IPN

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Anonymous
on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 12:58

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 12:58...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpMENDo8KRo

The link above shows exactly how to make IPN. They use about 4 parts 31.45% HCl to 3 parts IPA. They use 135 mls 31.5% HCl and 90 mls IPA.
They used about a 40% solution of sodium nitrite...or 4 parts SN and 6 parts water.

They did a final wash, after bicarb washes, with just distilled water.

They dried with mag sulfate.

One warning.....I did this using very cold temps....20F, where the ice bath began to just freeze over...and I got scant yield that was toxic...so be careful. The yield will speak volumes.

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 13:07...

Also, do NOT skip the cold water bicarb washes using stir bar. Better to do more than less. The IPN should stay well separated the whole time as it's insoluble in water. Cold water makes it less likely to cause the IPN to evaporate. The odor should be mild and the effects should all be good, with no perceived toxic effects such as visual spots, blacking out, fatigue or low blood pressure. If you have any of those effects, throw the product away.

JockStrap said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 15:28...

why would anyone want to make IPN? it is absolutely the worst formula around, and is very cheap compared to IBN. or the amyl family.

> throw the product away.

good advice. better is have nothing to do with it at all.

Now Octyl Nitrite....well, that's the thing, and of course that was what was in the "real poppers" enjoyed by those big hairy clones on The Castro. Oh yes...

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 16:49...

@JockStrap....to each his own, BUT the IPN I've been making based on similar ratios in the youtube video are VERY VERY good and rival old PWD from the early 2000s. Only downside is evaporation rate is high.

IPN is only bad when toxic impurities are present. Otherwise it's great fun and cheap and easy to make.

How do you know if toxic impurities are present? Easy....you take a whiff and go...yuck....I never had this awful effect before.....what is it?
Big clue....toxic impurity.

JockStrap said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 19:10...

PWD did not make IPN / their product was iso-butyl nitrite, which they bottled. I don't remember who the manufacturer was. Where did you get this theory about "toxic impurity" from? You made it up yourself, right? & you are the guy who was always saying before that Jo Miller brewed up amyl nitrite, yeah?

kens-anus said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 19:31...

Yes, that's him. Still thinking HIS nose can detect toxic impurities but nobody else can know the purity of their product without having it tested.

Short list of poisons that have either no aroma or smell nice:

Belladonna
Arsenic
White oleander
Coumarin
Thallium
Lewisite
MCHM
Sarin and other blood agents.

No human being can tolerate the extreme heart rate that IsoPropyl nitrite causes; the body uses the nitric oxide, blood pressure balancing act, sure, but that's at 10 to 15% at most.

Butyls are at about 70%, but people get up to 120%.

Of you think you can withstand the extra high heart rate at nearly 60 yrs old, every day, well, Ken has a surprise coming.

He was warned though, so it'll be his own fault

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:19...

I never said my IPN was "pure". I said it was absent the toxic impurities that previously made the same toxic shit the Professor was sending out.

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:21...

Yes...the Professor sent me 30 mls of toxic turbid cloudy white shit that smelled so bad I couldn't force myself to whiff it...and he claims everyone else he sent it to loved it.

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:22...

The IPN I'm making correctly now....is absolutely wonderful. And it's so cheap and easy to make. I can't wait for each session to begin. I'll be taking it out to the orgy scenes soon.

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:24...

Oh..and the Professor didn't even review the video? Wow...he must admit he's wrong with his ratios. Way too little acid there.

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:25...

The Professor uses a 1 to 1 molar ratio of IPA to HCl...and that will yield nothing but toxic SHIT!!!!

kens-anus said on Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 21:47...

the lies are deep with this one, and only get deeper.

those are NOT the ratio's I use; claiming so is a lie.

yes, i reviewed the video, and as i've said many times, just because i don't let you waste my time, doesn't mean i agree with you; that's another logic fallacy you can't help but imagine is a useful tool
another lie.

you lie about my product. you lie about my politics. you lie about chemistry. you lie about your motives.

your word is all you have guy, and you've squandered your credibility by lying countless times about just about everything that can be lied about.

now you're involved in junkie level desperation, desperate for the next high and not bothering to do it right anymore ('searching for quality.......always having to have the very best. Now scrounging for quantity.....never having time to do the test"

Yeah, that song's about cocaine, but the allegory is spot on

Anonymous said on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:25...

Putin, Trump and now the Professor ALL share one thing in common.....they will NEVER admit a mistake....when they've been wrong.

I, on the other hand, freely admit, I was wrong about a lot of my popper making theories. They were just theories. Degradation/oxidation of the sodium nitrite doesn't seem to play a major role in the reaction. But the amount of acid and the purity of the alcohol do matter. Also, I am almost 100% certain any weird or toxic effects are NOT due to the nitrite itself, but to impurities.

And contrary to prior beliefs, I believe isopropyl nitrite, the dominant popper in the UK, is good enough provided it doesn't possess toxic impurities that cause bad effects.

Anonymous said on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:35...

I can't honestly think of anything the Professor stated that steered me in the right direction regarding popper making. I just had to keep googling and trying different methods/ratios/reagents.

Regarding IPN, you definitely need a molar amount of HCl that well exceeds 1. And you definitely CANNOT use the super cold temps the Professor recommends. I tried that many times and always got scant yield. And you can drip the alcohol/acid from above. And if you do everything right.....using good alcohol and the proper amount of acid, you won't need loads of sieves to try to clean all manner of impurities, because you will likely have a high purity product after the wash/dry steps.

kens-anus said on Tue, 12 Apr 2022 at 17:53...

I will assume that most of the members who still read your rants this far have also done so previously.

IN which they see the same tired lies over and over, including the 'I can't think of anything prof did that i found useful' gem, in which 'of course, you spent so much time arguing against anything i've said for 12 yrs'

Previously debunked, with a list of all the things you've stolen from me, so nice try ace.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.