Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Blurred vision from Pentyl poppers - how long will it last

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Pvcmike
on Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 20:56

Pvcmike said on Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 20:56...

My bf and I had a session on Thursday followed by another session on Saturday. On Sunday he woke up unable to see clearly. The poppers he used were Pentyl where as I was using amyl.

I have found lots of issues saying isopropyl poppers cause eye issues but not much mentioning Pentyl. Does anyone know if there is a difference in eye issues between the two?

Also does anyone have any idea how long this typically lasts. I have found several forum posts on here and it seems to be 4 months to get back to some normality.

We have an appointment tomorrow with the opticians.

JoshVR said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 00:38...

Hey man, I can only imagine how scared you would be. It's only when things like this happen that you say why the hell would I ever sniff the contents of a bottle.

Check out the website - thedangersofpoppers.com

if you really know what's in your bottle, thats great, however you don't. Even if you know what is in your bottle, you have no idea of the purity, strength or any other factor involved with making chemicals.

Hopefully time will be a healer for you, I would love if you can submit your story to our site though.

Anonymous said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 00:45...

I just made isopropyl nitrite and tested it. It smelled sweet and very aromatic, but as usual it caused my vision to seem whacky for awhile after just a 5 minute session. As long as I didn't move my head, it wasn't very noticeable. My pentyl nitrite poppers never do this. So...question is...what's in the bottle? Is it really pentyl?

Anonymous said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 06:23...

Pentyl=amyl. Read up

Jimmy10 said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 06:57...

Pvcmike: could you please post a photo of the pentyl bottle?

Jimmy said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 09:44...

Tons of information here:

https://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

(According to Junior Eye Doctor all nitrites cause vision loss)

Pvcmike said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 10:20...

@Jimmy10 Here's a pic of the bottle https://ibb.co/yhGt6sk

I don't think the bottle contains Pentyl nitrate. I don't think it's amyl either as it doesn't have any of the same affect on me as my other amyl products that I import from France. It was sold by a reputable sex shop locally and wasn't cheap.

@Jimmy, I read that post. It had a lot of good info. Most people were saying on average 4 months to recover from this but not many people following up. Most comments were from 2015 so I was surprised not to find more up to date info.

We are on day 5 now with not much improvement in the blurred vision.

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 11:18...

> It was sold by a reputable sex shop locally

Chinese "mix" - so likely contains propyl, hexyl. Thus, my friend, you have probably purchased a Chinese copycat. Pentyl nitrite is fine, Propyl is not for some folks, due to the molecular structure. Hexyl is the total pits! so you have a double whammy there. IBN & Pentyl are the traditional nitrites, so make sure you go with those.

The other thing: Propyl & Hexyl are newbies, actually created by scaremongering arsewipes like "Poppers Stoppers" UK or that weird dude in the USA, who had a one-man tent show in California. Propyl started in the UK, Hexyl in the USA. So the irony is this: these Frankenstein formulas were born because of anti-poppers zealots. The science on amyl / pentyl & IBN was conclusive, see for example Dr. Bruce Voeller' studies. Or clear statements from reputable sources (not web-gossip) e.g. " "As stated in our report, we have concluded that occasional inhalation of isobutyl nitrite for its 'inebrient' effect in a recreational context is unlikely to pose a health hazard..."

Jimmy said on Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 11:49...

Try The 'Amsler Grid' to check your eyesight, it's easy found on the internet.

Rico said on Sat, 12 Mar 2022 at 04:22...

@ Dreadful Flying Glove: Thank you very much for providing these informative comments.
For the past six years, I have been using predominately iso-amyl and pentyl nitrite (LRM Jungle Juice Black Label and Gold Label) popper products ordered from France, but I use them very infrequently and in moderation. These products have not caused any noticeable problems with my eyes.
I also take a wide variety of antioxidant products to support my immune system and to negate the toxic effects of the poppers.
In regard to IBN poppers, I ordered some IBN poppers from Artisanal cleaners.com to sample their products, and those poppers caused me to see blue spots in front of my eyes. So obviously, I have not ordered any additional IBN products from this company.

Intelligent_Nerd said on Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 18:34...

I have used poppers from August to December 2020. In September I noticed blurry vision and grey spot. I ceased with poppers in december 2020. It is now march 2022, and the vision problems are still there, not so bad as in the beginning but still noticeble. Also reduced evening/night vision and visual noise. I also noticed tinnitus which is still there.

Jimmy said on Wed, 16 Mar 2022 at 12:32...

Intelligent Nerd: Was it iso propyl nitrite poppers?

Intelligent_Nerd said on Fri, 18 Mar 2022 at 17:09...

@Jimmy
no. Amyl. As far as I studied the medical literature the damage is the nitrous oxide which kills the cones and rods in the retina. So it is just a matter of peak concentration during the poppers rush. Cones and rods cannot be replaced once destroyed.

Jimmy said on Sat, 19 Mar 2022 at 19:29...

Intelligent_Nerd: Thanks an expert on eye problems explained that to me once years ago about cones and rods.
Unfortunately i continued huffing IPN and half blinded myself.

Mongrel said on Mon, 21 Mar 2022 at 16:28...

I don't have any experience with this directly, as I've never experienced serious vision changes (spots or dots maybe, but nothing more than that) nor have I heard anyone I know have vision issues from poppers.

I do recall reading some study (back from when I started using poppers and was trying to research potential side effects, so might be outdated now) that had some people experience vision loss from popper use, although if I remember correctly literally all of them (if not all, at least the vast majority) had their vision eventually return to normal simply by ceasing popper use for a while (I don't remember how long, weeks or months I think?). I seem to recall everyone in that study was old (50+) and were taking a specific drug for HIV, so the side effects may have been related to that drug interacting with poppers. I believe the sample size for the study was also extremely small (like, certainly less than 100 people, I think it was only like 10-20), so it was hardly conclusive.

I'd advise you to talk to your doctor about it, or maybe an ophthalmologist. They probably know more.

Hope this helps!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.