Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Heating your poppers?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Funster
on Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 22:31

Funster said on Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 22:31...

Especially curious what the actual chemistry guys hear think...

Currently using Jungle Juice Platinum. When the bottle starts to die out I've tried this a couple times and I have gotten good hits out of it. But I don't know what it's actually doing to the formula or how it's impacting my body.
So when the bottle is dying, I fill a mug with very hot water and submerge the closed bottle of poppers in it for about 30 seconds. Note, this can get too hot so be careful opening, it's almost like shaking a can of soda. But then I take a hit and it's stronger. While this can make things more intense is it any more or less dangerous than standard use?
Thoughts?

New said on Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 12:30...

Just why don't you open a new bottle?

Funster said on Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 17:08...

I have opened new bottles. LOL. Their potency varies bottle to bottle though.

The Professor said on Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 18:05...

Hearing increases the vapor pressure. There's not much space in the bottle to develop vapor, and the vapor pressure isn't very high (how much vapor it can squeeze into a small space).

Heat also destroys nitrite, depending on how hot, and open flame should be avoided.

Try the supply cup method instead. It applies much more space for vapor to build

james said on Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 20:27...

I've put a stall 30ml bottle (closed) in the microwave for 15- 20 seconds and it does seem to help them.

mike said on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 at 21:49...

I do hear some bottles, specially those that have lost their strenght (while waiting for a new order to come). Get one of those “cup heaters” they won’t make bottles explode (trust me it can happen) but nicely heat a bottle to the point of giving them a better kick in

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.