Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Consnesus amyl vs butyl (the A List)

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by The Dreadful Flying Glove
on Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 07:41

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 07:41...

"a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group"

In among the heated arguments about the merits of amyl versus butyl, and the distaste for newer formulas, is there any chance of a consensus opinion? Or will this partisan attrition continue?

Seems to me: the two A list formulas both have merits depending on individual taste. Amyl has a different action to butyl...and so what?? red wine is different to white wine...but they are both wine. Usually if you try real hard you will find common ground with an "opponent" can we try? There is enough fighting in this tired old planet...can't poppers fans find some common ground? I am guessing not, but in the spirit of peace, I thought I'd give it a go...

Michael said on Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 13:57...

I prefer Amyl over butyl. Hands down, I don't think it's even close. I find butyl to be weak.

Amyl is not strong either, but at least it's smooth and has few negative side effects.

However, the best poppers I've ever used was US Pop Shop's ones. I don't even know what type of chemical it was, but nothing compares to what they used to sell before the owner got into trouble with the police by making explosives. The INTENSE horniness which it brought was through the roof, I can still remember the feeling and I used their poppers for years and I've never since found anything similar. It is a big shame that they shut down, their secret might now be lost to history.

And I have tried a lot of different poppers over the years.

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 14:22...

US Pop Shop's ones>> that's another difference: commercial vs artisan..'cus Pop Shop was small production I remember.

Michael said on Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 02:36...

@ Dreadful Glove: Yes it was a small production.

Canuck SB said on Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 06:25...

I like both,good butyl is not weak at all imo however quality during summer sucks i like Poppers that make me whore out!

Elvis said on Tue, 10 Aug 2021 at 11:30...

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase from uspopshop a couple of times before they folded. I remember one labeled as "Industrial " that was very good.

Toby said on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 03:17...

@ Elvis: Yes Industrial from US Pop Shop was nice. Do you agree with me that there is no other popper quite like it? Their formulas were....something special.

Elvis said on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 15:35...

Yes Toby. I was very disappointed when they closed down. I would still be a loyal customer to this day. That dude sure knew what he was doing. He must have been leading a very interesting life after reading what he was in to. Who knows though, maybe he will start the process back up someday.

Jacko said on Sun, 29 Aug 2021 at 04:02...

I home brew and enjoy both, but they do hit differently.

Personally, n-butyl gives me more of an intense 'head rush' while amyl gives me more of a relaxing 'body buzz'. My wife prefers n-butyl for oral sex (me on her) but for anal, either does the job just fine. Amyl maybe slightly better in this regard?

A mixture of the two is also nice, and is my current brew.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.