Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Best method for storing poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Pop n doc
on Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 09:32

Pop n doc said on Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 09:32...

Hey anybody I want to know the best way to store a sealed unopened bottle of popper liquid? Anybody?....

PJ said on Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 10:44...

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10193

Top tip at the bottom of thread from Hey after opening. Generally keep away from light sources and heat. So DARK and COOL is good :-)

Anonymous said on Fri, 6 Mar 2020 at 04:57...

ill keep mine in an old prescription bottle. I think it extends the shelf life

Vollmilch said on Fri, 6 Mar 2020 at 20:29...

Meaning you decant it and expose to oxygen! No so wise to be putting it in such a container IMHO.

poppersman said on Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 23:44...

i like poppers but

https://www.misterspace.cz/navi.php?qs=%3Ca+href%3D%27http%3A%2F%2Fwww.misterspace.cz%27%3Eskodlivy+odkaz%3C%2Fa%3E&search=

HomeBoy said on Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 21:48...

So guyz, freezing does that damage the popper or not? so some say it's OK, others say it ruins up the contents so they separate (like you see with fat layers from a pot roast the next day)

Bella said on Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 14:12...

How long does my poppers last before unscrewing the lid?
I know poppers should be consumed within a couple of weeks once opened, but how long and how should I store them unused?

Trance said on Sun, 22 Mar 2020 at 06:09...

Well first, you're going to want another bottle to put this liquid in. Once you open this sealed bottle, the plastic cap will wear and tear fast. Making the popper last a lot shorter as well...

Now something like this is ideal for a small carry around.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000561067241.htm

don't be allergic to any metal

Metal vial with metal cap? Keyring or on a neckless? Waterproof and airtight? Yes please!

And then I use a larger glass bottle for storage. Metal cap. Airtight. wrapped in black tape. If you want to take it a step further like me, get a vacuum sealer. They'll last a a very long time this way.

I store these in the fridge. When I want to use them, I let them sit till room temperature.

I can make 60ml last the whole year.

PJ said on Wed, 1 Apr 2020 at 10:43...

till room temperature.

So that is good advice! Thinking about it any volatile nitrite will be inactive / inert if cool....well, I mean room temp is optimum for use, chilled is best for storage.

ppvape said on Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 03:21...

I wonder whether nitrogen cans used to preserve wine would work on poppers. Use it the same way you seal an opened bottle of wine: put the straw in the bottle and give it a spray, then cap it immediately while pulling out the straw. Keeps the oxygen out of a bottle of wine, so why shouldn't it work with poppers? I think I'm going to try it out on my next bottle

Dr. Dick Loo Vour said on Thu, 14 May 2020 at 03:01...

Poppers don't last long enough to store. Just toss them and buy new ones every 7 to 10 days. I toss mine after 3 sessions of popperbating or sex which is every 8 days. I figure I spend about $500 on fresh poppers each year. I'd love to learn the chemistry to make my own but too busy with life and shit.

Anonymous said on Sun, 24 May 2020 at 18:40...

I agree with Dr Dick. Just sling 'em out. Same with food. I often buy a groaning fridge load of meat and veg - especially after watching cooking shows on TV - then I just call for takeaway. The old bag next door says this is why we have rats in our garden. So why don't the bin men come round at a reasonable time! Fucking 7.00am....no thanks.

>>>>too busy with life and shit.

Right on, Man! So much good stuff to watch on 'telly.

Dewayne said on Tue, 26 May 2020 at 15:33...

You can put your garbage out BEFORE the refuse collectors come! The previous evening, you dickwad!

Anonymous said on Thu, 28 May 2020 at 21:02...

u go around talking like that you will have an unhappy life, mate. you don't know me so mind your own business. Seriously you should watch it, show some respect. my property (my mum bought it off the council) so i can do what i want according to Magnus Carter. U can stuff your Euro regulations where the sun don't shine. Bog off back to Brussels.

Vollmilch said on Fri, 29 May 2020 at 19:24...

Do shut up.

@ ppvape: what happened? I have an idea that spraying nitrogen into a bottle of poppers might not be a good idea. Freezing is not good.

The bottle itself is brown, so of course Brown Bottle. That is like the poppers are wearing shades and to protect from light. Light will cause reactions and also heat up the contents. Bottles do not fair well in small enclosed spaces like under the stairs, or in anywhere that is damp. RULE: COOL, DRY, DARK. Difficult to find in most homes. If you leave poppers next to a radiator you will be disappointed.

straightChem said on Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 15:31...

On home made amyls, they tend to store them with a few pellets of epsom salts (bath salts) or glycerine (e-sigarete base) ,in order to strain the water and reduce decade. Glycerine also seems to be common in commersial bottles for the same reason.
Aslo a small amound of sodium bicarbonate (coocking soda) or sodium carbonate (washing soda) -less than a gram, will reduce oxidation and also prologe its life.
But water seems to play more part to his degradation than oxidation (from air)
Freeze is always helpful

Vollmilch said on Fri, 7 Aug 2020 at 21:54...

Why is freezing good? It has been said it was only ever suggested during a "poppers panic" when people where bulk buying. To me it sounds like a bad idea. Aside from the chemistry it will crack those caps (they have a tendency to crack anyway).

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.