Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

my bottles keep going stale for no reason

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by uinstitches
on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 01:05

uinstitches said on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 01:05...

I'm absolutely sick of wasting money on poppers that go stale 2 days after opening. I used to buy from aussiediscreet.com.au and they used to be sooo good, I used to feel proud & lucky my first ever bottle came from them, as researching it beforehand, this community really makes it seem hard to find a good bottle. Nothing is regulated. Labels don't matter, it's very hit or miss. Now, out of nowhere, my bottles keep going stale for no reason, from the exact same supplier. They make me physically sick and exhausted. Smell is revolting. I hate being on of *those* customers. I email customer service and they're always stumped. Anyway. I've also ordered from Mannhaus, pbyp, naughtyboy. It'd be so awesome if there were backyard chemists selling homemade amyl, I'd pay any $$$ as long as it's pure, fresh and long-lasting. So....if you've made it this far, is there anyone out there making their own amyl? Hit me up 😉

Altriak said on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 02:11...

I'm going to piggy back on this thread and think it would be awesome if someone with some knowledge of sourcing quality products could come out of the woodworks. We need some competition in this arena. Perhaps there are some people who know how to make them but not how to go about selling them?

I know how to do the latter, but not the former.

Sadako said on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 09:44...

I sign up too. I would give my left kidney for some quality poppera. The current situation in Europe is mildly put a disaster.

DIY Help said on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 23:39...

"Smell is revolting"

Oxidized. Normal reaction with any volatile nitrite when in contact with ambient air. Caps / seal are loose on that batch. Nothing strange going on, it happens.

& nothing to do with any "current situation" in Aus, Euro-land, or the U.S.A. More likely you have "poppers tolerance" meaning you are like a clapped out old VW Beetle now, as opposed to a BMW in your youth. Get real.

Happy2 said on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 09:52...

@DIY Help

Nope there is no "poppers tolerance" the pop´s are only pretty shitty at this time, particular in europe!

DIY Help said on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 17:00...

As someone wrote recently:

Poppers "are biological active in tissues. Sometimes it is for some people hard to understand that alkyl nitrites are working only in your physical body"

What part of that don't you understand?

Chemicals do not change - isobutyl is still isobutyl, pentyl is still pentyl. But what changes is YOU.

I suspect you are late middle aged . Keep chasing those unicorns. Maybe one day, under a rainbow, you will find that spirit of lost youth. Like a person who lost his taste buds, you claim all food is tasteless thesedays. Crazy.

Becauseitis! said on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 20:26...

https://academic.oup.com/toxsci/article/59/1/5/1658774

very good text on how NO ( which is the active part « delivered » by any alkyl nitrite) works in the body.

To summaryze, delivering its intended use « vasodilation », cannot be separated from also performing strong alterations on human corpse biologic processes.

Young people will be less prone to hangover-like feeling as results of chemically wounded lungs, altered hemoglobin and squeezed dopamin.. Than older people...

In term of product quality, a lot of factors are to take into account, one being chinese suppliers being able to provide the bulk alkyls ( mostly in isomers of the n- molecule) in very cheap big cans which then are bottled on the continent or country or sale.

The other is again chinese suppliers able to provide any brand you want « like » scealed 10 ml or 30 ml bottles with exactly the lookalike print and carton box of any knew brand, again with very cheap prices.

These products are mass produced so either bulk or bottles do stay for some time at the factory warehouse, then to a wholesale, then travels by boat and after being locally processed, are again doing some time warehousing, logistics... Before reaching your nose.

Until locally reacted and quickly bottled (might not be a lot of brands left doing the chemistery on local grounds) the products will already have spent a lot of its shelf life stored or travelling until it delivers its last remaining potency when opening the cap then stale.

Also, most are using cheap iso-alkyls which are not as good in delivering no as the n-alkyls are.

From the last 15 years, the local suppliers of bulk alkyl nitrites either where gradually replaced by increasing chinese ultra cheaper sources and/or local bulk manufacturers stopped making the product because not worth doing it in regard to again chinese suppliers...

So : Cheaply made alkyls nitrites, iso instead of n- , lot of travel and storage = Low quality product almost anywhere whith very few exceptions i think you guys have left in US ( DS ? Any other ?). And even with DS sounds like they use isomers, probably because they could not afford using n-Alccols in the production and still be profitable.

That sucks, i know...

I am waiting to see a report of the australian pharmacy-grade amyls and would also like to see if someone did manage to obtain and test a small quantity of n- formulas alkyls from any chinese suppliers on alibaba.

Maybe obtaining even a small quantity of cheap chinese made n- alkyls direct from the factory might be better (including the travel time) than using cheap chinese iso -alkyl.

Another problem : Actually not a good time to order and even worse sniffing something sent from China :-(

my 2 cents...

DIY Help said on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 16:16...

Cool post, Becauseitis!.

You confirm what I know about the effect of poppers relating to age.

Where does this information about sub-standard Chinese raw materials come from? If it is hearsay, or dumb online gossip, then it is not valid. Because you seem to be talking about confidential corporate information. I am just saying: you know there was a sudden decision on the part of established manufacturers to start cost-cutting at some point? How?

The point about transit is valid. It is inherent to any volatile nitrite. Fresh is best.

My belief is that there may be *some* mass produced Chinese raw materials used. But the reason for the endless nostalgia chatter is aging.

"local bulk manufacturers stopped making the product because not worth doing it"

Really? Well I know from other sources that this is not the case with the largest manufacturer.

Butyl is banned isn't it? I mean Hassing created iso-butyl years back. It pre-dates J.Miller.

Can you clarify: you are saying that manufacturers have turned into bottling plants, or they are using a lower quality base.

Hope you post again, I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Madeplentypoppers said on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 21:42...

I can attest to the notion that the ISO versions of poppers are not as good as the normal ones. N-butyl and n-amyl nitrite are better than the isomers. I bought 100 mls of isopentyl nitrite from Tokyo Chemical and it sucks...smells like sour vinegar. Potent....but not pleasant effects. Nothing that makes you want to keep inhaling it.

@DIY Help said on Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 19:33...

You are a blithering idiot with no clue of chemical formulas and their ingredients (durability etc etc) the only thing you can do is speculating! So be quiet i you could not deliver anything useful!

uinstitches said on Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 20:00...

@DIY Help you have a huge chip on your shoulder my friend.

I'm 23. And it's not a poppers tolerance at all, wtf? They are 100% oxidized, like you said.....which you then follow up with blaming me on having a tolerance....

Poppers can literally be made in someone's backyard (hello "DIY Help" lmfao), isobutyl/amyl can be tainted with anything, so "chemicals are chemicals, they don't change, you do" is an incredibly arrogant and unfair comment. It's nice you think you've learnt something but it doesn't apply here at all, sorry. Your bitterness is quite unwarranted. Not everyone in this thread is as old as you are.

@Becauseitis! Best comment in this thread, very informative, exactly what I wanted to know, thank you.

uinstitches said on Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 20:14...

@Becauseitis! Wait wait wait, are you serious? Nitrous oxide is the active part delivered to the body by alkyl nitrite? I've been considering buying NO as even if it's a completely different substance used more as a party gimmick to laugh, etc I'd never considered it sexual, or to enhance sex in any way. But if I could skip straight to the good stuff, nitrous is soooo much better value for money and there's almost zero chance of the severe quality issues that plague the popper world.

Mam said on Sun, 1 Mar 2020 at 10:20...

Keep it civil!

Because it's! said on Sun, 1 Mar 2020 at 10:34...

@uinstitches: nope, my bad it wrote nitrous when I meant nitric.
I indeed related to NO as nitric oxide and not nitrous oxide which is N2O and a totally different (but also fun) substance.
The different alcools used for alkyls nitrites are vectors for transporting the active NO and each type have different molecular structures and bondings to the NO which affects how much NO you get in the same "quantity" of product and how fast it is released in the body. Picture that as dump trucks charged with NO, depending on the size of the tipper and how fast it can tip it on delivering site. You may also picture how the truck has been made in the factory and the care taken to source pure steels from the best steelmakers, care to polish each part and care to protect paints with varnish and use foam and rubber on moving parts in increasing mileage. Taking care is expensive and stabilization of nitrites is a part (or was) a signature or IP for appreciated brands. But you may also sell a very cheap truck that "do the job" increase margins because overseas made price is insane, and flood the market with it. When broken buy brand new and no remorse s because everybody will do the same, so customers won't see a major difference between trucks when using them. Add fancy paints and change a little bit of materials so the truck feels a little bit different et voila ! Maybe Aussies might be the luckiest lads on the planet if a well stabilized amyl nitrite is sourced and quality controlled on their side and really intended to be consumed by humans. Please remember that this substance is not harmless for your body so be kind with it !
My 2 cents

Rosa Klebb said on Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 16:08...

It'd be so awesome...it would be awesome

then again it might turn out to be weaksauce :-(

I would also say: things do not happen for "no reason" anymore. Thanks to The Enlightenment we have a thing called science, which can explain stuff. Like when a giant motherfucker wave comes along - it is no longer thought to be because we did not slaughter enough goats etc; but can be explained using science. If you apply a simple theory to your poppers problem you will probably arrive at an answer. I believe the alkyl nitrite family expand under certain climatic conditions? I understand that it was rather hot in Australia recently.

Mein zwei pfennig.

Yooza said on Fri, 8 May 2020 at 12:32...

So who can make it at home?

popperchef said on Mon, 18 May 2020 at 16:03...

its not hard, sodium nitrite, amyl alcohol, hydrochloric acid are all easily purchased online. A little basic chemistry and you can make a bottle of poppers for 50 cents.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.