Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Components of different poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Sean
on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 09:42

Sean said on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 09:42...

Been reading about the problems with eyesight from some poppers but I am not sure which brands are 'the safest' with regards to eye problems. Can anyone let me know which brands are made with the highest purity and don't contain isopropyl nitrate which I believe is the component causing eye problems ?

Mam said on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 18:43...

Isopropyl nitrite, not nitrate, Sean. But your question suggests that you think IPN causes eye disorders. It is unlikely; it seems now that it can exacerbate an existing condition. As regards brands: well, unfortunately they share common names, so one might contain IPN in one country, and in another it won't. Which brand do you have and where are you from?

Just another popper said on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 19:15...

if i touch Isopropyl, my eyes always go funny for about 3 days. I usual take amyl/Pentyl and don't have any issues with eyes unless its watered down with IPN. Isopropyl is total crap anyway so i hardly ever buy/use it. I use poppers on tissue paper and if the tissue paper feels cold (because of rapid evap) as sure as eggs-are-eggs - my eyes will go funny with centre vision.

Sean said on Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 07:21...

Hey Mam, thanks.
I use Amsterdam Special mostly & sometimes Rush. I’m in Australia.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 04:49...

Hi Sean, it is a well known FACT that isopropyl nitrite causes eye problems. It is widely documented in scholarly medical documents as well as it is discussed here. "Mam" is wrong in this regard. Isopropyl nitrite is the only alkyl nitrite that can be legally sold in the UK since the old (isobutyl) version was banned for (IMO) nefarious reasons. Please cross reference what I have said via Google and other posters here.
I live in the UK and will no longer touch isopropyl with a barge pole, I make and use my own (non isopropyl) ...and sorry but I don't supply.

Sean said on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 07:30...

Thanks for the comments, but my question is which brands contain the Isopropyl nitrite ?

Motorhead Sherwood said on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 08:45...

I believe RUSH contains isopropyl nitrite (nowadays).

Whatever brand you use: check the color of your fingers and face and your visual acuity directly after you're finished. Blue fingers? Trouble focusing or sensitive to light? Immediately stop and don't use the brand again. (And better still: quit completely.)

Jacko said on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 11:20...

Sean, I'm in NZ and we seem have the same unfortunate situation here as Aus and the UK. Almost all brands are isopropyl nitrite, though if you ask nicely to have a look at the range up close, some shops might still carry isobutyl or blended formulas occasionally. Pretty sure they're not supposed to, but no complaints from me.

Most retailers here sell a mix of knock-off and some legit products so there's also the question of whether it's actually what it says on the label.

Anonymous said on Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 21:18...

Rush is an American brand, it does NOT, and NEVER has, contained isopropyl nitrite!!

Madeplentypoppers said on Sun, 16 Feb 2020 at 16:31...

The best poppers contain n-butyl nitrite or n-amyl nitrite. Butyl nitrite or pentyl nitrite.

Anything with ISO in the name is not as stable, and doesn't give the same degree of pleasure without the same degree of side effects.

n or iso said on Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 19:18...

Mr madeplentypoppers almost everything you write about alkylnitrites is total bullshit. All alkylnitrites with low chain are unstable. They all work in the same way because nitrite is the active part. If you like n-alkylnitrites then you like, but is your personal opinion.

And because of my professional experience I think you are really called
nevermadenochemicals.

Motorhead Sherwood said on Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 11:06...

n or iso:

what is your professional experience and can you elaborate on the apparent negative side effects of some chemicals sold as poppers?

Kevin said on Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 17:35...

I just test drove Jungle Juice Ultra. I bought it from Power Poppers. I live in Las Vegas so it was an import from Canada by way of the UK.
The label says made in Canada.
I did about 10 sniffs total which is less than I’d normally do in a session.
However, today I am feeling non of the adverse effects that I have been getting from domestic poppers.
I’m looking forward to a nice long couple hour session with or without a partner.

Cockabsorber said on Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 23:17...

Kevin I used to live in Vegas but came back down to Phoenix this year. Might have had some fun with a long couple hour session with you.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.