Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

freshness

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by PoppyJo
on Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 02:27

PoppyJo said on Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 02:27...

I'm not rich, see, so, I can't be buying bottles and using them once or twice and then throwing them away. I got, on this forum, the advice of transferring from a large bottle to a smaller one, and that is very good advice. I know what breaks them down is water and oxygen, so I figure, if I fill the little bottle all the way to the top, there will be hardly any air in there, and it ought to keep.

Now, the dilemma: once I crack that bottle open and use it, obviously when I reseal it, there is more air in there. And each time I use it, the amount in the bottle goes down and the amount of air increases. With the result that I am gong to throw it away after a couple of uses, anyway, because it sucks unless it is fresh. I wonder if I put some inert material in there to take up the extra space, if that might help. Anybody ever try that? Maybe BBs or something.

Also, what are those "power pellets?" I get the impression they are supposed to be a desiccant, to absorb water. Do they also absorb acid? And the main question, can they be reactivated? I did a really silly thing. I tried to reactivate a couple of them by putting them in a microwave, thinking that would evaporate the water they'd absorbed. I had wrapped them in a tissue. But I think a minute is way too long in the microwave, because the tissue started smoking, and the little white balls turned black. Threw those away. Bad idea.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Subcenterboss said on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 07:08...

If you need to use up the dregs of old poppers try placing
some drops into a small plastic bottle quarter filled with sparkling
water then inhale. The CO2 works wonders!
Remember to mark the bottle - DO NOT DRINK CONTENTS!

PoppyJo said on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 01:15...

Thanks, I may try that one day. Currently, I have justy received my package in the mail from poopers-aromas.eu, and, I still happen to have some Isobutyl in small bottles from a local purchase (U. S. A.)

So, I am mixing Isobutyl with Amyl, and going to see how that makes me feel.

I also have a bottle of some older Isobutyl and I got the idea to add a tiny pinch of baking soda, thinking it may neutralize some acid. Anyone else ever try this? It all gets so subjective, though, and hard to judge the differences. Oh well.

Tao said on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 01:23...

The sparkling water idea sounds interesting, think I will give it a try!

LeatherMaker said on Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 04:56...

@PoppyJo How did you mix experiment go? What proportions did you use?

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 05:06...

Hi PJ, you can buy "molecular seives" from ebay, they look a bit like brewer's yeast and are relatively inexpensive. If you pour some into a new bottle - a layer about 1/4" thick, they should keep your poppers fresh for longer. Also store your bottle/s in a dark place away from heat sources.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 05:08...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_sieve

Ntbiman said on Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 03:09...

Still waiting for someone to I vent the perfect system, a way to exclude air as the bottle empties....a valve, or a collapsing bottle (like a toothpaste tube) ... haven't got there yet.
In the meantime, filling the bottle with pellets...molecular sieves .after use to exclude sir seems like an idea, ball bearings have been suggested before...but you eouldn', want to siff them up and inhale them...
Do for now I buy in 30ml bottles for economy snd decant to 10 ml ones to use one st a time...and store them in the freezer.
Anyone know the appropriate size for a molecular sieve?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.