Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Hair Follicle Drug Test - Blood Pressure Meds

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by RacerBen
on Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 13:53

RacerBen said on Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 13:53...

I have to take random hair follicle drug tests for my job. Will poppers show up in the results? Also, can I use poppers if I take blood pressure medicine?

Midair Collision said on Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 21:44...

I should not think so. In fact I would say 100% no.

>blood pressure medicine

You shouldn't use poppers with that.

Ro said on Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 18:49...

I think it's stunningly unlikely. Very short half life and a drug that almost no one knows or cares about.

But if you want to be sure you would have to get information from the lab about what they are testing for specifically. There are many different ways of performing such tests. I think anyone who is undergoing any test has the right to esquire about such a thing.

Can you ask for a copy of your previous results? Usually the results will show all the things they tested for. You need to know what you are looking for because the terms are not always obvious. For example in a urine drug screen, the result for "cotinine" is actually reflective of nicotine intake/expose, because that's what nicotine breaks down into. So you might have to do some googling to make sure you know what every line item is.

I am sorry you have to undergo such an invasive and unethical procedure just to learn a living. It's wrong. :-(

Ro said on Wed, 12 Feb 2020 at 05:11...

Sorry there was a second part of that question I missed:

"Also, can I use poppers if I take blood pressure medicine?"

I'm sure lots of people do. Asking the prescriber would be best. Bring her/him some info about how they work, history as treatment for angina etc. Say you are not looking for a yes/no answer (cause I can tell you right now, the answer will be "no";-) rather to understand what the risks are, which will require use of the brain.

Who cares said on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 16:43...

As a paramedic I can share that any nitrate will lower your blood pressure by dilating veins. So you should use with caution.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.