Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Why do poppers make me feel horny and connected? Vasodilation can't be the whole story right?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Ro
on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 05:32

Ro said on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 05:32...

I have always heard the effects of poppers explained as being vasodilation. It never made sense to me.

Eventually I was able to obtain nitroglycerin spray and tabs. As I'm sure most are aware, amyl was a predecessor of nitro in the treatment of some acute cardiac problems. It is also supposed to work by vasodilation. I found it had zero effects. Of course there are multiple considerations for that, most obvious being delivery method. (Since no one has ever managed to get poppers into any other form as far as I am aware.)

Whenever I have read about poppers the primary effect mentioned is of loosening smooth muscles. Usually the lower end of the GI tract is specified but occasionally the top as well.

The joy of poppers to me (and to my partners) is definitely a ~~~high~~~ feeling of being connected, desirous, hungry, giving.. sometimes the loosening of muscles is involved and sometimes it is not.

I am also not really clear on how vasodilation would help the relaxing of orificii? Poppers are most often associated with anal fisting. I cannot imagine how tight blood vessels are the limiting factor there. I find poppers make throat fucking much easier. Same question.

But there are all the psychological effects that are the most compelling. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Bonus: Why is huffing the only mechanism of delivery that works?

Madeplentypoppers said on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 16:52...

Vasodilation is caused by nitrites because NO relaxes smooth, involuntary muscle fiber. Blood vessels are lined with these muscles as are the muscles in your gut and rectum. So the NO effect is on involuntary muscles fibers. Yeah...hard to imagine we have muscles in our blood vessels. But that's how they contract and relax to regulate blood pressure and blood flow.

I don't like huffing, I prefer sniffing direct from bottle. Huffing can be more potent and block out some of the impurity effect, BUT I have found it to be far harder to control the dose. It's too easy to get too big of a dose and then the blood pressure caves.

Madeplentypoppers said on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 16:58...

The best poppers....Nbutyl and Namyl nitrite....cause more than just dilation of vessels and sphincter....they cause a numbing and relaxing of rectum, which makes penetration a breeze, and the relaxation causes the prostate to become front and center, which makes it an easy target for a probing thick dick. There's the mental effects too, wantonness, euphoria, but these effects vary in intensity....BUT the anal relaxation SHOULD always be strong provided the poppers are good and pure.

FACTS ONLY said on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 09:28...

> into any other form

Solid poppers in a tin exist.

Poppers do not induce any euphoric or psychological effect. They are a pure vasoldilator. A by-product of vasodilation might be the state you describe, but this will depend on your age, weight, cardiovascular heath, and numerous other factors. This is why poppers work differently on different people. Put simply: they will not create the same associated effect at age 24, as age 44. I do not believe there is much change in purity over the years.

Jacko said on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 10:32...

@Madeplentypoppers, just wondering, have you tried mixing the n- with the iso- forms of butyl and amyl? I’d imagine this would deliver a mix of rushy euphoria and relaxed, trippy, horny feelings all in one.

Do you know if there’s any risk of the esters reacting to form more complex (and less volatile) nitrites?

bedtimestory said on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 12:51...

I think for a lot of us its starts to be an association thing. I.E we associate taking poppers with being horny so therefore when we take them we get horny!

FACTS ONLY said on Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 11:10...

A excellent point, bedtimestory. The smell of vanilla triggers a mental association with sugar, and causes us to think we are eating something sweet. Vanilla is not sweet. In other cultures vanilla is not associated with cakes etc, and triggers an alternative savory response. The same is true of poppers - the smell is associated with pleasurable intimate relations for some, so we smell it, and react mentally. If you harness the actual aroma and ask for people's reaction - it will likely be either dirty laundry or floor cleaner, if they have not been used to the association in the past.

Jako said on Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 12:04... said on Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 13:04...

When you buy poppers from a sex shop (or a head shop) do you find it exciting? If you order online are your hands shaking with excitement when the postman hands you the package?
The brain gets use to this and endorphins are released, a feeling of euphoria is present.
I’m convinced its part of the addiction. Even if the poppers are crap like most of them are now the urge / addiction has been part satisfied.

NTBiman said on Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 03:37...

Oh c'mon you lot!
Sure the sphincter relaxation stuff is good.but it has an rffect on our brains as well, it disinhibits and makes us just wanna go for it......

Annie said on Thu, 8 Jun 2023 at 16:06...

Jacko said it all. Poppers rush sex crazed emotions to cock and head. Men therefore desire cock and the feeling of power when semen pumps into their mouth , face , and throat.

Annie said on Thu, 8 Jun 2023 at 16:14...

Any married , but orally unfulfilled men out there , look no further. Simply stand up , as I get on my knees. Push your crotch in my face without saying anything. You moan. You know , or at least , are hoping for something dirty to occur. The idea , of a good looking guy , staring I at you , intrigues you. Don't lie. The thought of your wife or girlfriend at home waiting turns you on. Then , something dirty enters your mind. You think , I don't want to waste my cum load , I want a freaky man to suck the erupting semen from my cock. Ahhh.....

Annie said on Thu, 8 Jun 2023 at 16:15...

Moral ? Eat cum.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.