Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Oxygen absorbers in poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Popperpig
on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 18:31

Popperpig said on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 18:31...

The other day I read about someone using silica gel to absorb the moisture in poppers, and I followed the advice. This got me thinking:

What if I used an oxygen absorber to keep my poppers even fresher?

I've got an oxygen-absorbing sachet with what I think is sodium chloride and iron. What do you guys think? Should I add it to my bottle?

PJ said on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 18:39...

The answer is absolutely not. Who knows what the reaction between the nitrite and the contents of the sachet will be. Well, maybe madeplenty knows, but if it is efficacious, as opposed to being potentially dangerous, it would be there already surely.

>oxygen-absorbing sachet with what I think is

Hmmm...but you do not know what is in the sachet. I bet it is made in China, so Hoo knows. Don't do it, be safe, Popperpig.

Madeplentypoppers said on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 16:43...

Molecular sieve 4 is the best way to absorb water. Has to be active though. It will feel hot in your hand with a little water. If not...you'll have to heat it up in oven.

Ntbiman said on Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 23:54...

Thanks madeplenty.
Any chance you could explain the chemistry of the molecular sieve andwhy it works better than silica gel?
I have wondered about using silica gel or an inert material to fill the space in the bottle so there is less air and water vapour available to degrade the alkyl nitrite.
Any comment?

Fresh said on Sat, 18 Jan 2020 at 15:30...

Why the hell you just don,t use your poppers instead of keeping it fresh? Use once or twice and throw away. Why shoud you use the bottle forever?
Yes there are chemicals with which you can preserve your alkylnitrite product but they are very poisonous. Or you must buy your alkyl nitrite product in ampoulles.

Theoosaone said on Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 02:39...

FYI, up in Canada, quality 10ml bottles cost upwards of $40CAD. So using them a couple times and discarding the rest isn't an option for the less privileged.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.