Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Reactions

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Billboy5769
on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 10:30

Billboy5769 said on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 10:30...

I have had a severe reaction to Jungle Juice extreme. Loved the rush but lungs didn't like it. I am being told that if I use Isopropyl Nitrate I shouldn't have such a severe reaction. Can anyone comment and identify a popper based on Isopropyl Nitrate?

Jay said on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 19:43...

I would personally avoid Isopropyl. I lost my central vision for about a week after a heavy session and it scared the life out of me.

I am not alone in this, see this old post.

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

Since I’ve switched to others I’ve had no issues.

Jako said on Tue, 19 Nov 2019 at 12:54...

Steer clear of iso propyl nitrite, a lot of people seem oblivious to the danger of vision loss it can cause. The old post above confirms the damage it does.

101st Chairborne said on Tue, 19 Nov 2019 at 18:20...

"In November 2014, it was observed maculopathy is a *rare* complication of isopropyl nitrite abuse" (Pahlitzsch M, Mai C, Joussen AM, Bergholz R (2016)

Jay talks about "a heavy session" (i.e serious abuse) and the experts call it rare.

The same experts confirm Jay's experience; "Complete Restitution of Macular Changes"

@Billboy5769 what reaction to Jungle Juice Extreme, what is the CAS no.?

Madeplentypoppers said on Tue, 19 Nov 2019 at 21:56...

Billboy.....pay real close attention to whatever poppers you are sucking dry. If there is anything remotely not pleasant about the odor, it has significant impurities in it. Think of acid or any bitter odor. A highly pure popper should smell sweet and clean. N-amyl nitrite has the least odor and should NEVER smell bitter or acidic.

Motorhead Sherwood said on Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 11:26...

A remark on 101st:

The complete quote is
"
Toxic maculopathy due to the consumption of poppers is an important differential diagnosis in acute visual loss without clinico-morphological correlate. Optical coherence tomography is the only reliable diagnostic tool in these cases. Complete recovery of visual function and macular morphology is rare, even after cessation of drug abuse. Oral lutein therapy may have a beneficial effect.
" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25398125)

Anyway, I agree with the rest: if it smells odd or you experience nasty side effects: QUIT

101st Chairborne said on Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 19:24...

That is the same document, Motorhead? Because I read it completely opposite: that following abuse / i.e serious over-use / of propyl then complete RESTITUTION is obtained by abstinence. The latest studies suggest that poppers maculopathy is 1. Rare and 2. it is temporary

I know that others have suggested it is rare, as isopropyl is merely acting as agent, that triggers an already existing condition. That seems to make sense. So can it be (and I have no horses in this race) that claiming isopropyl fucks up your eyesight is true for a limited few. A limited few who would be better staying away from poppers altogether, probably due to existing circulatory health problems. I am not saying you are scaremongering, but some balance is needed I think.

Motorhead Sherwood said on Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 09:11...

Hi 101

That is indeed the same article. Follow the link and read the "discussion" part. And it indeed suggests the opposite of your remark.

In my personal experience the negative visual effect indeed does wither away after months of abstaining, as you suggest. And that goes for most people as far as I can tell (see this thread http://poppersguide.com/forum/10763). I don't want to scaremonger either, but it is absolutely clear to me that for some people in some cases the eyes are seriously harmed and perhaps maybe permanently. If you turn completely blue (as I did when I was still sniffing) that is definitely a bad sign and I would encourage everybody to stop immediately if it occurs to them.

Lastly: you don't know what's in the bottle. The people who make and distibute it are not supervised by any authority, so who knows what goes in there?

Jako said on Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 10:45...

Motorhead

A very important article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4401234/Poppers-cause-irreversible-damage-eyes.html

Motorhead Sherwood said on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 09:22...

Thanks Jaco

Old news, i'm afraid. I still don't know the percentage of people who suffer *permanent* vision loss... But is seems to be relatively low, but not low enough to go unnoticed...

Are you the same Jaco as in that long thread? I completely stopped using that shite btw...

Motorhead Sherwood said on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 09:26...

i meant Jako with a "k" and that long thread is: http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

Jako said on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 12:51...

Yeah it's me from a few years ago.

Anonymous said on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 20:59...

yeah Daily Mail is world acknowledged source for fact checked, non-sensational, serious journalism. Very reliable and lots of discourse about Victoria Beckham and Katie Price's bank balance.

Check out:

Woman, 63, "becomes PREGNANT in the mouth" with baby squid after eating calamari" June 2012 etc.

It is groundbreaking insight and essential reading for all learned people who can read.

Jako said on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 07:40...

Not all Daily Mail reporting is stuff and nonsense smarty pants!

'Three patients had used poppers for 20 years or more, only noticing symptoms after switching to a new brand'
(Iso Propyl Nitrite)

Midair Collision said on Fri, 6 Dec 2019 at 22:51...

As for poppers: well if you are already unwell then drinking a bottle of vodka can screw you up for a while. Same is true of poppers (or these propyl poppers anyway) people with serious ailments should avoid. Problem is if you are not diagnosed. Should vodka bottles carry a warning : if you have damaged your liver with gin on the cornflakes.. don't drink this? Nanny state, eh? Then there is cigarettes, vaping, and leopards (many escape from zoos as they are well crafty) I was chased by one last week on the way home from the pub. The world is full of risk. Seems to me that if you go crazy with a poppers bottle then you can get a payback. Moderation, then you will be fine.

Adrian said on Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 09:47...

Amsterdam Original Gold. Not sure what is going on lately but i think they changed something in the composition - getting much more nose burns (and i don't think i was more careful before) even from a fresh opened bottle. But another thing that concerns me more - getting blue on my lips and limbs for a cople of hours later the session.
I know that isopropyl can cause those side effects - but wasn't happening before.

guy said on Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 17:10...

Jako I saw your responses in that other thread. DId you ever fully recover ? I got bit by this last night and I can barely see my laptop screen to work and I'm FREAKING out.

Will it get better? Halp

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 01:59...

Checkout the truthaboutpoppers.com

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.