Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Best UK poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Poppers amateur
on Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 14:10

Poppers amateur said on Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 14:10...

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been using poppers for around two months now and I tend to buy in Private Shops, but I've noticed recently that they're usually only good for a couple of days or so once opened.

The Private Shop I visit has Liquid Gold, Rush, Rave and Reds, plus the bigger 'English' bottle.

Which are best for keeping their potency? Cheers!

Major Hardon said on Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 17:16...

Where is Jako! Good heavens Poppers amateur is just crying out for your sage advice. He even mentioned Liquid Gold...where are you Jako? Did you pack it all in and move on to pastures new. Forgive me, PAmateur but our long-time friend Mr Jako usually jumps on posts like yours. Those and ones to do with Brexit, so maybe he is upset about that.

Jako said on Sat, 2 Nov 2019 at 10:55...

Mr Hardon! If you insist I will give my advice here. All UK poppers are exactly the same, Iso propyl nitrite. It's very tightly regulated in the UK after the 2007 ban of iso butyl nitrite poppers forcing popper manufacturers to change to IPN. There is no way of prolonging the life of a popper it will always weaken. Perpols Liquid Gold is probably the best available, they've been in the business for at least 35 years.

Jako said on Sat, 2 Nov 2019 at 11:09...

http://www.liquidgoldaromas.co.uk/

Major Hardon said on Sun, 3 Nov 2019 at 07:44...

That's the spirit, Private J! We may have Nigel in No 10 by Christmas Day, so let's drink to that. You and I should have a pow-wow with him and Donald about this poppers business. In fact I propose appointing you the new "Poppers Czar" with effect 24/12 14:00 hours. I will arrange The Coach & Horses as a venue for our Poppers Summit. You need to get your thinking cap on about our battle plan, so get to it!

Jako said on Sun, 3 Nov 2019 at 09:53...

I'll be very much looking forward to that Major.
In fact, I'll be wearing my Union Jack knickers and Donald Cap for such a prestigious occasion.

Frilly said on Sun, 3 Nov 2019 at 14:34...

I don't think Nigel Farage and Donald Trump will be holding a "Poppers Summit" on Christmas Eve in a Soho pub. However, given the surreal nature of the politics? Maybe. Best not to get your hopes up :-)

Major Hardon said on Sun, 3 Nov 2019 at 20:46...

Sausage rolls and assorted festive snacks will be provided, so it will be a tempting treat. Mar-a-Lago or Greek Street? I say he'll do it. Afterwards we can retire to my Aunt's pad in Chalk Farm for a sing-song. The old girl will retire about 21:30 hours, so I can show you my ballet scars, and we could play a round of whist. I know she has a video of Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, so we can watch that if you like. After Eights will be served.

Mam said on Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 09:44...

The OP asked what was the best in UK poppers! Not for a Christmas fairy tale.

@potency

The key is how they are stored / have been stored / how fresh the poppers are to start with. All you can do is keep them away from heat and light. I think that storing them in a closed box, or zip bag, can actually accelerate the degrade. I do not know why. Some people keep them in the fridge, but that is a moist environment, so not sure about that idea.

Jako said on Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 10:42...

Mam, I agree!
Potency:
Nearly all poppers are in brown bottles, obviously because light weakens nitrites, regardless of which nitrite it is.
I do not believe refrigeration prolongs the life of a popper.
Once a popper bottle is exposed to air it will weaken gradually.

Jack said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 06:46...

I’m thinking of getting new UK poppers, do you have any recommendation for STRONG poppers? or if you have any other recommendations that is not on this list?

1. Potent Blue
2. Berlin XXX
3. Extreme Poppers

I’m currently using 2 of these, but I would like to try something stronger
1. Rush
2. Liquid Gold

Jako said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 10:58...

Jack:
All UK poppers are all the same strength, have been since 2007 when The EU POKED THEIR NOSES IN and changed the formula from iso butyl nitrite to iso propyl nitrite - It's very tightly regulated.
I've tried all those in your list, there all virtually the same regardless of the claims of 'extra strong' etc.

Read this Parliament Directive 2005/90/EC:

http://www.liquidgoldaromas.co.uk/

DIY Help said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 11:14...

I think we can all agree on one thing - you don't know what the f@#! you are talking about. They are made by different companies so they are all different, end of.

Try Bear's Own.

Jako said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 11:39...

Of course they are made by different companies. But the ingredient is exactly the same IPN.
Confusing the public with a vast array of labels and claims to be the 'strongest ever' works a treat.

DIY Help said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 13:15...

Bollocks. There are only 3 or 4 formulas that exist, strength is dependent on manufacturing conditions and raw ingredient quality. Give your arse a rest, try talking out of your mouth.

Jako said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 16:13...

Simmer down !!!

You are correct, only 3 or 4 formulas do exist, but the only legal one in The UK is IPN, and its all the same strength.

DIY Help said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 16:44...

NO! it is not all the same strength! So coffee and tea are all the same? It depends on 1. manufacturing gear 2. quality of raw materials 3. expertise of the technician. You ever heard of FILTRATION...wasting my time. You are the one confusing the public, like any gobshite who knows FA about poppers. Isopropyl Nitrite is NOT an ingredient...it is the end result of a process.

Anonymous said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 17:21...

OK smarty pants. Just take a look at this:

http://www.liquidgoldaromas.co.uk

Its 70% Iso Propyl Nitrite - THE KEY INGREDIENT.

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 18:35...

You want to cross swords with me, DIY? I was on Ask The Family with Robert Robinson.

Coffee and tea are autonomous entities, thus your argument fails. You add water and milk to create a beverage, but they are COFFEE and TEA. The strength (a builders brew maybe) is dependent on how long you soak the beans / leaves.

D- for effort. Dummkopf!

Being too clever for your own good is alright, unless there is a Pollytecnick educated boffin on the other side. That's me.

As for the poppers, well one man's strong is another's weak. This isopropyl stuff tends to be so strong it can make me quite dizzy. Harsh and strong is how the stuff is, that's a fact.

Oh and being rude, like what you have been, is a sign of ill breeding. Your mama should have given you a good spanking when you did a tantrum.

Mam said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 22:23...

No crossing swords or other insults please! Express an opinion politely.

What is the other 30% in UK poppers?

Jeff said on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 23:11...

Interested to read of the recent Poppers Summit at the Coach.

But what's the new gaffer done about the terrible state of the toilets?

Jako said on Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 09:27...

Mam: What is the other 30% in UK poppers?

My guess it's water, they probably don't have to declare that.

Mam said on Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 20:38...

Probably a stabilizer, Jako. I must admit I always thought it was all iso-p. I had some the other week....so my opinion is that it was much stronger than propyl, very intense, and made me feel like there was a lot going on in that little bottle. Not a bad thing, just a difference. Iso-p lasts longer, does not degrade as fast, as propyl. Stale propyl is not much good for anything.

Jako said on Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 21:22...

Mam: Whatever that 30% is it would have to be declared on the label.
Water may be an exception.
Ive got a suspicion Iso Propyl Nitrite was watered down some years ago after all the people ending up at eye hospitals with central vision loss.

PJ said on Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 13:20...

I do not think you can water down poppers like that. It sounds like a cookery idea for when your vindaloo curry is too thick :-) It will be something that keeps it all nice and fresh for sure. Someone before said some poppers have linseed oil in them. Do not ask what that does...cus I haven't got a clue.

Jako said on Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 11:21...

When the EU poked their noses into poppers in 2007 exact contents had to be shown on the label. It use to be the vague 'alki nitrites' then iso butyl nitrite, then in 2007 iso propyl nitrite. Linseed oil or anything else would have to be declared.

Major Hardon said on Sun, 10 Nov 2019 at 20:21...

I invited Piers Morgan. I believe he will be made Chancellor of The Exchequer, so we will need his ear. I don't want any punch-ups, so if you have any issues with Piers you should keep them to yourself, Jako.

What about Anne Widdecombe?

a Christmas fairy tale....

Is that so. As it happens Jako & I are involved in a high level chinwag with the top brass vis-a vis poppers in the UK. Our delegation will present our credentials 24/12 14:00 hours. Sir Jako will be presented to the world media as the new Minister for Poppers. I will be his "special advisor".

Jako has agreed to forgo his usual Yuletide frolics to sort the whole poppers malarkey, EU, Brexit, Trump and whatnot. This crucial issue of our time needs to be solved once and for all. It will be like Regan and Gorbachov in Rekjavik.

With a free-trade zone on the table, we intend to propose giving Trumpet the BBC, in return we get a sweet deal on poppers made in the USA. I also want preferential terms for Hershey, those Reese peanut cups, and new Dunkin Donuts concessions. He gets Greggs and Richard Branson.

If this is all a bit out of your league. I suggest you return to baking cakes and reporting your neighbors for not using the recycling bin.

Jako said on Mon, 11 Nov 2019 at 10:38...

Major Bellend, I mean Hardon! Indeed a deal has to be struck with Uncle Sam. I believe the USA is the only country where good quality iso butyl nitrite is legal and above board. Unfortunately the Brussels dictatorship won't allow importation.

The Shadow of Norman's Dog said on Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 12:49...

Jeff, looks like they've painted over the graffiti in the men's toilet cubicle. Added a few beers on tap. Taken up some carpet. Added couple of different tables. And thank God got rid of the vegan food!!! Apart from that it's the same old pub as always.

Anonymous said on Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 17:10...

the Brussels dictatorship

yes...."them"...the unseen hand in all our misfortune and disappointment. I have been divorced three times....every time it was the EU that was responsible. Last week my cat disappeared...again I know it was the EU.

I first noticed my hair loss on the 7th February 1992. The very date The Maastricht Treaty was forced down our throats. Coincidence? I think not.

PS. Try learning about UK law & in particular: The Medicines Act. It might help you form a more fact based opinion.

Jako said on Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 19:56...

Look very carefully at what happened in 2007. The EU poked their noses into poppers. They decided after 40 years to change the formula. Yet in America IBN is legal and above board. Thank the Lord for Trump

Blanche said on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 13:35...

Praise The Lord! At least there are some limeys who respect our President. I don't know about poppers, I am here because of my lodger who posts as BigBob Nopants. I want to know what he is up to.

@ Nopants if you are reading this:

I know you hang out here, my son showed me from the house WhyFi that you use and don't pay a cent for.. Pastor Franklin knows too, and so do the folks at the library, who told me you got a book out about knot making.

Anonymous said on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 19:13...

can't stand butyl myself makes me cough up my guts. So the EU banned butyl poppers? No they didn't/ you can buy them in Europe anyway. What actually happened was amyl was banned in the UK, then they reverted to iso-butyl (via PWD) PWD Rush at that time had a big deal going with one of the major sex toy related distributors. UK legislators applied the "EU ban" via that Act, and you got iso-propyl (which is not as bad as you make out) I used to own a store that sold Rush PWD products so I got the inside track.

If you want to blame anyone you can blame the anti-popper lobby who made a big fuss back then. You say the EU decided to change the formula? That is just not true.

Oh and my cat came back...so it wasn't "them" after-all....or was it......

Jako said on Sat, 16 Nov 2019 at 09:46...

Yes I suspected the connection with PWD, I believe they had a secret formula?

Anonymous said on Sat, 16 Nov 2019 at 22:11...

not sure about that ;-) but the old ads used to say something about special filtration purity for one popper called Hardware. Those guys had some amazing graphics on their flyers and posters. Seems OTT that Brexit aggro has now spilled over into poppers. i suppose u are a leaver? looks like you will have your way as i can't imagine many people voting for old Corbyn.

thinking about those flyers and stuff...wonder if i still have them...maybe a collectors item on ebay? never thought of that...could do with a few quid 4 Xmas.

Jako said on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 13:24...

I've no doubt UK popper suppliers were importing Joe's secret formula and re labeling it under Liquid Gold, Reds, Rave etc etc.

The Dreadful Flying Glove said on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 12:40...

If you cat was abducted by the European Union contact The Daily Mail. They specialize in stories like this. Carol Malone might be another you could try, or Nick Ferrari.

Anonymous said on Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 06:35...

The cat disappeared again...while i was watching the big debate with Boz and Corb. Might be nout to do with the EU poppers conspiracy...but they would want me to think that, yeah? So it is either that old cow down the road feeding him superior food, or it's Jean -Claude. My money is on JC and his dastardly Euro-henchmen.

PopperBear said on Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 12:42...

Do you know if the EUPopShop is still in business?

PopperBear said on Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 14:47...

They are based out of London..the only way to contact them is thru email. They have good poppers and I have been using them since uspopshop closed. I have tried in the usual manor of contacting them thru email but have had no response..

PopperBear said on Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 19:42...

I did receive a delayed response from them and all is well..

Anonymous said on Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 20:38...

I heard USPopShop was shut down, something to do with explosives.

Blanche said on Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 07:21...

Now, all it is this: he said to a friend of his from Nebraska that he was getting a new Rimming Stool delivered for when he visits. I do not know what that is, and I was going to ask the local pastor, but my son said don't do that and best quit snooping, Mama! Well! I told him to be more respectful and to mind his manners. But he wouldn't say what this stool is for....he just laughed, grabbed his crotch, and spat on the porch!

We have plenty of stools out in the garage, mind I don't like him poking about in there among my late husband's belongings. He offered me 5 dollars for an old gas mask. Maybe these poppers are smelly, like paint, and he doesn't want to get fumed when cleaning his leather trousers. There sure are some mysterious poppers-based doings going on in the basement, lots of chains and ropes and three big pots of Crisco.

Anonymous said on Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 23:28...

UK poppers are made here. Nope, nobody was "re-labeling" PWD, it would not make economic sense anyway. There are plenty of people employed in the British poppers industry; one of the arguments that was made during the recent "ban" fiasco. Funny the "ban" failed in the UK and Australia, i think you can soon buy amyl on the high street in Oz.

Jimmy Feral said on Wed, 27 Nov 2019 at 22:50...

You should get a pitch at Hyde Park Corner, mate. You've got more rabbit than Sainsburys! The French and Germans and all those Euro popsters sell amyl and rush, so why should the Brussels boys screw with our UK poppers. Don't make any sense! I bought some at a garage before and worked for what I was doing....rogering the old lady. Best one is called Rush Formula.

Anonymous said on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 15:01...

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. Why don't you get off your chest?

Jimmy Feral said on Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 09:08...

Get it of your chest! Funny mate. If you are ever in my neck of the woods then come round of a morning! My wife can wake the dead with her coughing fits...haha..I tell ya, you never heard anyone expectorate like she does. After her first ciggie it's like a bloody pneumatic drill. She says it's the bacon fat that does it. I just hope she never "gobs up" on my bacon bap. Cheers!

Crispin said on Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 11:31...

Well, now BoJo's in, not long before he's made one of those fabulous trade deals with his friend Mr Trump (on particularly generous terms, I'm sure!), and we'll all be huffing 70s-style poppers till we're blue in the face!

Better that than Mr Corbyn and the kind of return to the 1970s he'd have given us! I have grown quite used to the rubbish not piling up in the street, thanking you kindly!

Derpol said on Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 12:45...

The remaining 30% is IPA :-)

Derpol said on Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 12:48...

In fact, you can revive a “dead” bottle of poppers by adding a FEW drops of IPA.

Major Hardon said on Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:58...

Indian Pale Ale! By jove.. you live and learn. Thank you, Polly.

JAN.KANTLOS said on Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 18:48...

we get more complaints from customers of pharmacy generic and other erection pill quality is not good bad works if you do not follow rules we will file FDA complaints to health ministry in your country.
thank you in advance.
jan kantlos

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.