Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Making my own

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Hadenoughofsuppliers
on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 01:06

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 01:06...

I'm making my own IBN. I've read up on it and it seems pretty straight forward. Ingredients that I don't already have are on order, the ice cubes are ready. I feel positive about this. Only worry is that I purchased all my ingredients from somewhere obvious and am hoping that small scale production (obvs personal use) won't put me on a watch list or get me busted.

Vollmilch said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 10:01...

Sounds very dangerous from the view of fire risk / inhalation. Stay safe. Guess you should get a mask and a fire extinguisher. Would think you are contravening planning law (by brewing up chemicals at home) rather than anything more dramatic.

In my opinion there are plenty of good poppers about.

Anonymous said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 15:25...

Not recommended !!!

I knew somebody once that was brewing their own poppers.
The explosion blew his head clean off...

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 20:39...

...ah, I remember that Anonymous, I saw it flying past my bedroom window, followed by Pegasus and the easter bunny.

Anonymous said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 20:40...

...no really, it's true.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 21:02...

Vollmilch.
All I can find (from French suppliers) is amyl nitrite and pentyl nitrite, and the shitty British isopropyl (vision fucker upper) nitrite ...none of them are a patch on isobutyl which I was using for twenty odd years until the government LIED and took it off the shelf in 2007.
I have had two rotten bottles which with delivery costs are £17 each.
Synthesis is a simple process with a few easy to follow safety precautions, I get the exact stuff I want, it works out much cheaper and I don't have to wait two weeks for delivery. THAT is why I'm making my own. It's a no-brainer.

Anonymous said on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 21:38...

Definitely a no brainer, no head.

Vollmilch said on Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 16:31...

I have a bottle of butyl and I tried it out for you. I get a kinda warm fuzzy intense thing going on. It is a bit different to pentyl I agree, but not that much. Really worth setting up a home brewery? I was reading what wtfchuck said about propyl being mixed up with waste to increase profit... could be. I think it depends on your retail source. I am quite satisfied with Lockerroom stuff like Jungle Juice Platinum.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 15:16...

...and OMG it's good :-) :-)
Best of all: I know what's in it.

Jim Dandy said on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 16:38...

A powderkeg just waiting to explode💣

Major Hardon said on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 19:22...

Pipe down, Sir! All this talk of flammable catastrophe is just so much twaddle. I am sure Hadnough is quite proficient. You remind me of a fellow I had under me in Kenya. Always spreading mischievous tales of impending doom! It undermines morale and can lead to mutiny and desertion.

Give me two days with you, Private Dandy. I would soon drill something worthwhile into you. Are you ready to take it? Man up, you big girls' blouse.

Congrats to Hadenough on his Poppers Nouveau (first batch and all that).

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 23:31...

Maj H ...I smell grapes that are sour ;-)
First attempt made rather hastily (just got all my ingredients and was a bit overexcited) result was fantastic so it will get better still :-))

Private Dandy said on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 09:11...

Titter ye not.

It's like playing with dynamite !!!

Corporal punishment said on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 11:30...

PD. Speaking as a higher ranking soldier of chemistry, you are talking utter wombat's dos. Get back into line or I'll have you court marshalled for chemical insubordination.

PD said on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 18:25...

CP:
Pardon me M'lud !
I liken your tone to a latter-day village busybody?

Does thou not believe in the sheer folly and dangers of home-made butyl production?

Private Parts said on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 20:58...

PD I am Hadenough's gimp and he's told me to tell you that there are very few dangers if you know what you're doing of. He gets nothing but the purest cleanest ingredients, chills them down sufficiently as he mixes them then he tries the end product out of me. I now have an arsehole like the Blackwall tunnel and I'm loving it!

Jim Dandy said on Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 07:51...

It's a tinderbox just waiting to explode you fools...

Major Hardon said on Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 08:09...

If I had my way I would shave the lot of you, strap you to windmill, and insert appropriate garden vegetables where the sun don't shine.

Danger Man said on Sat, 20 Jul 2019 at 15:52...

'Well ventilated' !!! Boooom, Bang

Anonymous said on Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 20:16...

The fuse box could never possibly explode, could it ???

wtfchuck said on Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 14:16...

"fuse box"? This is not akin to working with the bomb squad. This is a basic exercise in chemistry and lab procedures. If you are ignorant of the basics of the facts at hand and are unable to try DIY for yourself? Then leave your ill-informed, shallow remarks to yourself. To those with the intelligence and willingness? I would tell you to do the research and like most things in life, find out for yourself. I consider this matter closed as trolls will be trolls and I have better things to do with my time here.

Anonymous said on Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 16:14...

If it's so easy to DIY Butyl poppers, why is it so difficult to find?

Major Hardon said on Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 19:03...

Butyl (iso-butyl) is not difficult to find!! it is just that you live in an area where you can't find it. Lack of initiative on your part, that is all. The French do not like you (they know you are a Leaver) so they will not send it to you.

Your phony nervous tension about explosions... is getting on my be-jangled nerves. Go watch a brass band..or fiddle with your fuse box.

Anonymous said on Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 10:45...

Fair do's Major.
I'll cease my dire warnings of the extreme dangers of home-made Butyl production. It's true, the French don't like me, they send me nothing but weak pentyl / amyl formulas.

Major Hardon said on Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 17:57...

Touche Turtle to you, m'lad. The French are on to you I hear! They looked at Google Maps and saw your abode. At that very moment, you were sun bathing in the front garden with a pair of Union Jack knickers on! Clearly visible is a picture of Nigel Farage kissing Donald Trump in the back of your Reliant Regal. Any garlic muncher worth his salt would quickly deduce that you are "one of them"!

Anonymous said on Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 16:29...

Watch those frogs Major. They're up to every trick in the book.

Major Hardon said on Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 06:41...

Congratters to you, m'lad, you have the right spirit. White Cliffs of Dover, Viral Lynn, and all that caboodle. You and I, Corporal Anonymouse, can look forward to a post-Brexit poppers nirvana. Make sure you use plenty of spit on those boots this fine morning.

>military kink gags

I take offense that there is anything kinky going on! I use poppers to clean my leather bench. I agree that Private Parts lowered the tone with his talk of the Blackwall Tunnel. Shame on you, Parts.

Madeplentypoppers said on Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 14:33...

Made thousands of small brews of poppers over last ten years...mostly isobutyl at first. It is VERY VERY difficult to get consistently good poppers because the reagents degrade....could be degraded when you get them....and they will certainly degrade after you get them. Both the alcohols and sodium nitrites degrade and once that happens, you will get lousy poppers....which need distilled in order to be pure enough to inhale. So the basic formula is one thing.....getting high quality known reagents and keeping them that way are quite another. Also, I don't like IBN. Made it and bought factory made TCI 100mls IBN. It's too sweet/chemical smelling and too hard on the blood pressure. Caves my blood pressure to the point it won't rebound and I have to stop IBN. Amyl/pentyl is better in this regard.

Madeplentypoppers said on Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 14:45...

I haven't been able to find poppers since 2010 when PWD died forever. Every review I read says OTC poppers are always unreliable....some OK, many not good. I personally haven't had one good OTC poppers since 2010...and it's not for lack of trying. Some of those post 2010 poppers made me sick right away...and I had to stop inhaling after a few minutes. No...it's not my system that's fucked up...it's the poppers that are. If poppers are so easy to make, we all would have found a reliable source in these last 10 years...surely????

Squad said on Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 03:35...

All you pillocks talking about explosions seem to know nothing of the ingredients that are being discussed. None of these can cause explosions mixed in any which way, small fires maybe, if the mixer is foolish enough to smoke or hold a naked flame near them. I suspect you are sellers trying to discourage manufacture.

PJ said on Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 07:12...

It is just trolls, Squad.

I suspect that Hadenoughofsuppliers has made nothing, and is just using this thread to promote an ideological conviction that iso-butyl nitrite is the "original poppers" and all others are impostors. It started when PWD Indiana closed, before then PWD used to export to Europe. PWD no longer exports outside the US. It may be that French ibn is not the same? or maybe it is just nostalgia.

Anonymous said on Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 13:53...

We're not trolls, we're very sensible people...

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 21:31...

PJ.
If I was "just using this thread to promote an ideological conviction that iso-butyl nitrite is the "original poppers" and all others are impostors", I'd just say it. Each to their own. All I know is that I used it for many years when it was standard and whenever it was (2007 I think) I bought some and noticed that it was different, extremely disappointingly different and then I read that it WAS different.
I tried amyl and pentyl ordered online from France for the first time a year or two ago and found that to be much better than the nasty isopropyl that Britain is now lumbered with, I also experienced the (now famous) eye issues. I have a recently opened bottle of "Everest" pentyl from Poppers Aromas in France and it is NOT A PATCH on the stuff I've been making.
I have no vested interest in saying this as I have no intention of supplying it. Over to you.

Hadenoughofsuppliers said on Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 22:15...

...I also have no intention of explaining my modus operandi, as I know what I'm doing with chemicals and chemistry equipment and I don't want to be responsible for passing on information to those that might fuck it up.
There is plenty of information out there anyway.

Madeplentypoppers said on Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 14:34...

I strongly believe that amyl/pentyl nitrite is FAR less TOXIC than the other nitrites. I can hit it long and hard and not feel sick. Plus, it has far less odor than IBN, IPN or Butyl nitrite.

Linea said on Fri, 13 Sep 2019 at 16:48...

Well done Hadenough. I made 1st brew yesterday (dud) and 2nd brew (success) an hour later. Good ingredients from your favourite source. N-butyl, hcl and from other place clean nano2. I left the H2SO4 under the sink !
Unlike recent shop/online bought noseburning, cough inducing & weak.
head rush products my DiY mix was easy on nose & throat but still a bit weak on the head rush.
Do ppl swap receipts here ? I'm not sure what mods to try next time to improve result.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.